Union Bears Today

They know the words to the song? Its quite clearly not the Celtic song that gets sung

Also, it’s no where near as embarrassing as virtually the full stadium singing we shall not be moved for a min before Celtic scored their third

Good to see it takes Aberdeen to equalise before some of our fans will actually back the team vocally. Pathetic
Why do you come on this forum as you offer nothing but negativity .
We have beaten both Edinburgh clubs 5-0 and 2-0 and playing exciting football in horrible conditions and you are moaning.
Absolutely pathetic!

Why do you come on this forum as you offer nothing but negativity .
We have beaten both Edinburgh clubs 5-0 and 2-0 and playing exciting football in horrible conditions and you are moaning.
Absolutely pathetic!
Could be a happy clapper and pretend everything’s brilliant

Follow the team home, away and abroad. Do you?

Well i was the opposite end to you mate and heard the broomy front kinda starting this and i can assure you the copland totally drowned it out with derrys walls
I sit in the broomy front and It was sang, I joined in and hit a suitable beamer 25 seconds later when we were in fact, despite the song, moved.

Didn’t happen apparently :)
mate, trust me, I wish it hadnt lol.

It took about 18 seconds after we were in fact moved for me to realise that I had just helped hand deliver a video clip for the celtic fans to delight and buckle at later that evening.

Thankfully, a moment later, Borna again decided that blocking crosses is beneath him so I had something else to focus my despair on.

You are acting and behaving like a Tim and think it’s funny noising up fellow bears.
I know, there’ll be plenty Celtic fans waiting for their mygers confirmation from CTM that they’re going to Dortmund

Suppose I’ll see you over there Mr Staunch Unionist?

What’s wrong with that ?
Paraphrasing: you could tell the fans were ready to turn/atmosphere was questionable

The players were the ones that lifted the fans

I.e the atmosphere was pish. But that’s what I’m saying and you’re losing your marbles

I know, there’ll be plenty Celtic fans waiting for their mygers confirmation from CTM that they’re going to Dortmund

Suppose I’ll see you over there Mr Staunch Unionist?
Always wondered why people try too hard with the usernames. Its cool to be a gers fan and just have a name and not a statement lol

The UB’s are brilliant other than their UVF additions to songs.

IMO this is the major stumbling block to how they’re not being treated as seriously by the club, or the club not engaging to get them moved to a central part of the ground. Whether we like it or not, we can’t be complaining about them and their IRA love ins when we still add this to one or two songs.

However, Ibrox would be a morgue without them. For me though, last night was the quietest they’ve been in a long time, despite Ross leaving I think they’ve been great, but maybe just the last 2 to 3 games their noise has dropped off a bit. Shitty night though and maybe the performance against the bheasts still rankles.

Keep up the great work lad as you are superb.

Do you have anything set up (PayPal etc) whereby fans can make a donation to help with your displays etc, lots of folk don’t carry cash and also maybe miss you at games when you’re collecting.

Always wondered why people try too hard with the usernames. Its cool to be a gers fan and just have a name and not a statement lol
In fairness, I know we’ve agreed on a lot but just for clarity, absolutely fuck the SNP

The unionist username doesn’t bother me

IMO this is the major stumbling block to how they’re not being treated as seriously by the club, or the club not engaging to get them moved to a central part of the ground. Whether we like it or not, we can’t be complaining about them and their IRA love ins when we still add this to one or two songs.

However, Ibrox would be a morgue without them. For me though, last night was the quietest they’ve been in a long time, despite Ross leaving I think they’ve been great, but maybe just the last 2 to 3 games their noise has dropped off a bit. Shitty night though and maybe the performance against the bheasts still rankles.

Do you have anything set up (PayPal etc) whereby fans can make a donation to help with your displays etc, lots of folk don’t carry cash and also maybe miss you at games when you’re collecting.
Agree completely with the first paragraph of this. Cut that out and they are a phenomenal asset to the club.

In fairness, I know we’ve agreed on a lot but just for clarity, absolutely fuck the SNP

The unionist username doesn’t bother me
No problem with your views mate. Lets not get into that stuff again.

The specific username doesnt bother me at all, my point was there are hundreds of folk with usernames aimed specifically at obtaining staunch points.

??????

To those not happy with the atmosphere at Ibrox, why not get involved with UB/BC? This would allow you to have a say on how to improve the atmosphere and anything else that we get up to
Still on the waiting list for season ticket but would like to get involved when one is available

You able to elaborate on that? Not saying you're wrong or anything, just interested in how you've came to that conclusion.

I think so far it's exactly where we want it to be, well over 300 members and growing each game
300 hundred members and the atmosphere isn't any better . Bf2 ,3,4,5 don't join in to be honest do they.. I've seen arguments in said area's when some will complain about the rest standing up... the ub section is bf1 but the ub is maybee the 1st 8-10 rows...
Csn you tell me what the broomloan collective aims are because if its too improve atmosphere its clearly not working
And I'ma big supporter of the ub.. but they should be doing more in trying to get a better area.. to me they should be in the area where away fans are n away fans put back in bf1..
But let's get real here, the board may want the ub, fans etc to think they want them.. . If so they wouldn't be banning ub lads willy nilly...

300 hundred members and the atmosphere isn't any better . Bf2 ,3,4,5 don't join in to be honest do they.. I've seen arguments in said area's when some will complain about the rest standing up... the ub section is bf1 but the ub is maybee the 1st 8-10 rows...
Csn you tell me what the broomloan collective aims are because if its too improve atmosphere its clearly not working
And I'ma big supporter of the ub.. but they should be doing more in trying to get a better area.. to me they should be in the area where away fans are n away fans put back in bf1..
But let's get real here, the board may want the ub, fans etc to think they want them.. . If so they wouldn't be banning ub lads willy nilly...
Have you been living under a rock? The UB have been wanting a better location for about a decade.

Copland Front is ideal location for safe standing so we aren’t competing with European supports when they come to Ibrox.

Hard to get an atmosphere going when you’re up against a team like Legia sitting next to you.

Copland Front is ideal location for safe standing so we aren’t competing with European supports when they come to Ibrox.

Hard to get an atmosphere going when you’re up against a team like Legia sitting next to you.
Ideal situation is Copland front without a doubt but realistically, that ain’t happening

Easy to swap BF3 and BF1 about and take it from there

Didn’t happen apparently :)

Why are you jumping on fans who clearly never heard it.

Have you ever been on the pitch in conditions like last night ? I was, Aberdeen cup game as a flag bearer a few seasons ago, couldnt hear the person 10 yards away, imagine in opposite stands.

For one I was in the Club Deck, where Derry’s Walls was being sung, as I said earlier I struggled to hear the Hibs fans, hearing anything in that wind was a struggle, so it was sung beside you, it happened you don’t need be offended or embarrassed for the fans that did sing it, get over it. Lots of us were saved your embarrassment as we didn’t hear it.

I am with you on trying to improve the atmosphere, it really has gone flat, particularly recently, is it the team performances ? Is it the fact a majority last night were more interested in their phones thinking the scum would slip up ?

I wouldn’t suggest moving the UBs en masse, can they not be split half and half either end of he ground, cheerleading either end, competing with each other ? we had one guy on his own who did it before, bring back a Copland nutter,

and yes I do contribute to the UBs fund appeals.

Why are you jumping on fans who clearly never heard it.

Have you ever been on the pitch in conditions like last night ? I was, Aberdeen cup game as a flag bearer a few seasons ago, couldnt hear the person 10 yards away, imagine in opposite stands.

For one I was in the Club Deck, where Derry’s Walls was being sung, as I said earlier I struggled to hear the Hibs fans, hearing anything in that wind was a struggle, so it was sung beside you, it happened you don’t need be offended or embarrassed for the fans that did sing it, get over it. Lots of us were saved your embarrassment as we didn’t hear it.

I am with you on trying to improve the atmosphere, it really has gone flat, particularly recently, is it the team performances ? Is it the fact a majority last night were more interested in their phones thinking the scum would slip up ?

I wouldn’t suggest moving the UBs en masse, can they not be split half and half either end of he ground, cheerleading either end, competing with each other ? we had one guy on his own who did it before, bring back a Copland nutter,

and yes I do contribute to the UBs fund appeals.
They’ve tried 2 capos before (one in row A and another in row H), they’ve tried littering members about BF1 etc and still doesn’t help

You are dealing with people who ain’t prepared to listen mate.
He probably knows nothing about the 36th division and is so wrapped up in his own twisted ideology.
I've always sang about the uvf.. not the uvf of 1965 till 1994.. I've read up on the young citizens volunteers sacrifice at the somme and other battles in ww1.. how many uvf members have recieved the Victoria Cross. I have n never have had time for the present uvf who let's be honest were sectarian murderers and dealt drugs..

Ideal situation is Copland front without a doubt but realistically, that ain’t happening

Easy to swap BF3 and BF1 about and take it from there
I know, it’s just annoying though.

Singing sections all over Europe are in opposite end of stadium to the away end.

Copland Front will always be the dream for me.

CF1-CF5.

I've always sang about the uvf.. not the uvf of 1965 till 1994.. I've read up on the young citizens volunteers sacrifice at the somme and other battles in ww1.. how many uvf members have recieved the Victoria Cross. I have n never have had time for the present uvf who let's be honest were sectarian murderers and dealt drugs..
Every organisation has bad apples. But let’s never forget that the present day UVF stood up and fought for the community where they were born.
Some paid the ultimate sacrifice and many spent years locked away in long kesh and the H blocks.

Every organisation has bad apples. But let’s never forget that the present day UVF stood up and fought for the community where they were born.
Some paid the ultimate sacrifice and many spent years locked away in long kesh and the H blocks.
Maybee so but they also murdered innocent catholics and were dealing drugs while telling people they would be shot gor drug dealing..

Maybee they sing about wee nicola and the snp eh. Would you enjoy that maybee sing bella ciao...
Another strange comment by someone desperate for every thread to turn into a debate on politics.

The poster asked what 'UVF' add ons were being referred to and I suggested 2 that the poster was possibly thinking about.

I have less than no interest in what songs people sing about a political party. also, there is only one 'e' in maybe.

Maybee so but they also murdered innocent catholics and were dealing drugs while telling people they would be shot gor drug dealing..
Unfortunately that happened on both sides . It’s easy to sit decades later and point the wrongs.
It was a sad chapter in the history of Nothern Ireland and one where thankfully people are happy to move on from the past.
I think the UVF in the 70,s , 80s and early nineties we’re men who were reacting to the onslaught of republicanism and had no interest in other things.

Last edited:
Back