Union Bears Today

I don't think the UB are anywhere near as loud as they were before. Have the numbers dropped or is it something else?
It was pretty underwhelming tonight though at least they made the effort. Hopefully the club move them to a more prominent area of the stadium.
What’s underwhelming is the fact we have approximately 48000 mutes when we’re in a title race

Posters on here like to pretend people are envious of our atmosphere. If we’re being honest, our home atmosphere is shocking

Guarantee supporters buses are rocking en route to Govan yet not even a fraction of that is transcended into the stands

What a load of nonsense haha

There’s a video doing the rounds of we shall not be moved. I was there in person and heard it loud and clear.

Let’s not pretend it didn’t happen because it evidently did and anyone singing it is a complete riddy
With so long left too. If it was the last few minutes then fair enough but there was far too long to go to start that.

Not as embarrassing though as the Hibs fans celebrating a goal that didn’t concern them while losing 2-0.

With so long left too. If it was the last few minutes then fair enough but there was far too long to go to start that.

Not as embarrassing though as the Hibs fans celebrating a goal that didn’t concern them while losing 2-0.
Aye they’re a bunch of wee freaks though. Trying to get a rise with their tricolours and flag with the pope on it

Pity the wee hard men needed Hibs security to take their banner/drum into the ground because they’re a bunch of wee gimps that would get bullied off normal fans. If those gimps walked from buses to the stadium, their wee shite drum and banner would get bumped with ease

Well i was the opposite end to you mate and heard the broomy front kinda starting this and i can assure you the copland totally drowned it out with derrys walls

Yeah I’m Copland front and all I heard was derrys walls. Didn’t realise anything else was sung until I came on here. Bit of a riddy for those who sang we shall not be moved.

Aye they’re a bunch of wee freaks though. Trying to get a rise with their tricolours and flag with the pope on it

Pity the wee hard men needed Hibs security to take their banner/drum into the ground because they’re a bunch of wee gimps that would get bullied off normal fans. If those gimps walked from buses to the stadium, their wee shite drum and banner would get bumped with ease
100% mate.

What’s underwhelming is the fact we have approximately 48000 mutes when we’re in a title race

Posters on here like to pretend people are envious of our atmosphere. If we’re being honest, our home atmosphere is shocking

Guarantee supporters buses are rocking en route to Govan yet not even a fraction of that is transcended into the stands
I agree. I don't know what the solution is but I play my part. I leave each game knowing I've tried my bit. I looked around at full time. Lucky of there was 10,000 in the stadium.

I agree. I don't know what the solution is but I play my part. I leave each game knowing I've tried my bit. I looked around at full time. Lucky of there was 10,000 in the stadium.
No idea what the solution is but I must admit, I prefer away games than Ibrox

I used to get a buzz going to Ibrox but it’s not there anymore

They beasted Darren O'Dea song or whatever the %^*& it is. Its a mentally challenged song almost word for word and it was sung again tonight. Moronic shite. I can't believe we have Rangers fans so obsessed with the filth they know the whole words to that garbage and actually sing it at Ibrox.
Don’t think the Tim’s sing that song

The ferocity and volume of Derrys walls when Aberdeen equalised is miles ahead of any of the newer songs, I know the club and fans have made massive strides to clean up our songbook but if the truth be told a good percentage of the home support simply can’t be bothered with these new chants
I prefer the more traditional songs , not a fan of Abba although clearly the UB are

Pretty apt this has been bumped up again

Another home game, another utterly depressing atmosphere. Let’s blame the UB song choice though, if only they sung more Rangers/Loyalist/traditional (delete as appropriate) songs, more would join in

I laughed at some moron infront of me moaning “why don’t they sing more rangers songs”. Maybe he’d have heard follow follow, every Saturday we follow, blue sea of Ibrox, a trip to Ibrox, Tav song, Kent song, Borna song etc if he stopped crying about everything

Can’t win with people like that
Should of gave him a back hand over the nut mate lol

I actually thought the atmosphere was ok given it was freezing. Few good songs. The hibs fans just sing that daft hampden song on repeat.

I got caught up in we shall not be moved until we were moved immediately and thought to myself ‘well, thats a twitter video for the Celtic fans alright’.

The atmosphere dies on its arse after 80 mins as half the stadium leaves.

Overall maybe a 6/10 for me last night. Im next to the UB to be fair so it possibly just sounds louder. Agree with someone above who said they aren’t the same since the other guy left.

Were Hibs fans singing Rangers and Catholics don’t go?
Sounded like that to me.

Poor atmosphere.

And the amount of early leavers was ridiculous again.

If they could produce an attendance figure for when the final whistle goes, we'd certainly be one of the worst in the UK.

Can't disagree with anything that's been said so far, atmosphere is shocking 90% of the time at your average league match, the players must look around at full time aswell and think WTF? It's getting worse by the game, Hibs fans chanting "walking away it's the Rangers way" when they are two nil down, embarrassing.

The ferocity and volume of Derrys walls when Aberdeen equalised is miles ahead of any of the newer songs, I know the club and fans have made massive strides to clean up our songbook but if the truth be told a good percentage of the home support simply can’t be bothered with these new chants
Every Saturday we follow is the only song that gets similar participation and even by the end of that it’s turned into a rabble

Soon as it gets to “and you’ll always hear us roaring” people think it’s a race to finish. Another thing that really grinds my gears

Atmosphere wasn’t great last night, think the criticism of the UB is unfair. Wether your saying it’s quieter than it used to be etc , that’s what the broomloan collective is for. This should make more people aware that their is an avenue for them to make noise and make their voices heard. It’s not all down to the UB as it seems to be these scenarios

Quiet Ibrox = UB not as loud as before , need to sing song x,y,z etc etc

Loud Ibrox = don’t praise the UB it’s all of the fans, no one is more of a fan than anyone else etc

Atmosphere wasn’t great last night, think the criticism of the UB is unfair. Wether your saying it’s quieter than it used to be etc , that’s what the broomloan collective is for. This should make more people aware that their is an avenue for them to make noise and make their voices heard. It’s not all down to the UB as it seems to be these scenarios

Quiet Ibrox = UB not as loud as before , need to sing song x,y,z etc etc

Loud Ibrox = don’t praise the UB it’s all of the fans, no one is more of a fan than anyone else etc
Well summarised

I’d honestly do something radical for the run in. Remember in the 2008/09 run in there was a “make a difference” campaign ran by TBO to get ST holders to transfer into BF for final 3/4 league games to get Ibrox rocking for the run in

My idea; for the remaining home games, Relocate BF1/UB into the front 8-10 rows of BF3.

The people displaced, put them in BF1 for the games (it’ll be a better view of the pitch anyway). The fans need to improve massively, these players need any edge we can give them

I know the club look in on this forum - trial it! The atmosphere will improve tenfold

Well summarised

I’d honestly do something radical for the run in. Remember in the 2008/09 run in there was a “make a difference” campaign ran by TBO to get ST holders to transfer into BF for final 3/4 league games to get Ibrox rocking for the run in

My idea; for the remaining home games, Relocate BF1/UB into the front 8-10 rows of BF3.

The people displaced, put them in BF1 for the games (it’ll be a better view of the pitch anyway). The fans need to improve massively, these players need any edge we can give them

I know the club look in on this forum - trial it! The atmosphere will improve tenfold
Well remembered regarding 'Make a Difference'.

Well remembered regarding 'Make a Difference'.
Out of interest, does anyone know who sorted this?

I know there’s a few ex-TBO on here and current UB. Is there any appetite within UB to approach the club to try and get it done for the last 3/4 home games this season?

I’m not even being dramatic when I say I think it could be the difference in games that are tight. Don’t know the logistics but this season is so important, it could make the difference

@Greg Marshall @Broomloan

Last edited by a moderator:
Ibrox is dead on match day for the exception on 100 ub lads who sing.. the copland is awful.. the govan is and always has been bad.. the east n west enclosures died the day they seated them..
The ub started the broomloan collective but its not kicked on. For what reason I don't know....
Posters on here were very active on getting celtics fans reduced allocation at Ibrox yet seem very dubious about trying to get the ub moved to a more central allocation or even get involved with trying to get safe standing going
Nothing is going to change for the disabled fans the ub or the whole Ibrox experience unless fans do something about iit
The surrounding area around Ibrox is a mess full of cheap hamburger fans inside the concourses is awful.. n really needs a big spruce up..especially the lower n upper broomloan..
I can't for the sake of me see why Rangers allowed the ub to paint there mural inside the ground.. it looks cheap and awful
Our food outlets are stuck n the 90s.. toilets are a mess.. also

Well summarised

That’s a good idea , definitely something that should be looked into

Ibrox is dead on match day for the exception on 100 ub lads who sing.. the coplsnd is awful.. the govan is and always has been bad.. the east n west enclosures died the day they seated them..
The ub started the broomloan collective but its not kicked on. For what reason I don't know....
Posters on here were very active on getting celtics fans reduced allocation at Ibrox yet seem very dubious about trying to get the ub moved to a more central allocation or even get involved with trying to get safe standing going
Nothing is going to change for the disabled fans the ub or the whole Ibrox experience unless fans do something about iit
The surrounding area around Ibrox is a mess full of cheap hamburger fans inside the concourses is awful.. n really needs a big spruce up..especially the lower n upper broomloan..
I can't for the sake of me see why Rangers allowed the ub to paint there mural inside the ground.. it looks cheap and awful
As opposed to a dull, white wall?

The mural makes the place look 100x better and you’ll see adults getting their kids to stand for pics etc. The toilet walls have had a spruce up too which was welcomed.

The concourse isn’t a primary concern for me though, atmosphere is more important.

Fans need to get a grip; always videos from buses/pubs of people singing. Try singing in Ibrox.

Walk into WRC before the game and it’s bouncing; sometimes people just don’t bother going to the game and stay in there instead. How about fans actually try get these players over the line

I have thought it for years and it has been discussed on here many times. The UB's are in the wrong part of the stadium. I sit in the SJ Rear just off the half way line and it is difficult to hear them. Perhaps more central would encourage more fans to sing.

Ibrox is dead on match day for the exception on 100 ub lads who sing.. the copland is awful.. the govan is and always has been bad.. the east n west enclosures died the day they seated them..
The Broomloan Collective hasn’t kicked on?

Over 300 have joined it, paying a joining fee to do so.

That’s a great start in it’s first 2-3 months.

You able to elaborate on that? Not saying you're wrong or anything, just interested in how you've came to that conclusion.

I think so far it's exactly where we want it to be, well over 300 members and growing each game

I know there’s a few ex-TBO on here and current UB. Is there any appetite within UB to approach the club to try and get it done for the last 3/4 home games this season?

I’m not even being dramatic when I say I think it could be the difference in games that are tight. Don’t know the logistics but this season is so important, it could make the difference

Good luck with this mate, your posts in this last page of the thread have been very good.
Be interesting to see if there’s appetite to drive this forward.

A central move to BF3 is something I'm all for, and I know a lot of other UB and BC support also. There has been some positive dialogue with the club about it, obviously a number of obstacles in the way of getting it done. I have hope we can do something in regards to it though

A central move to BF3 is something I'm all for, and I know a lot of other UB and BC support also. There has been some positive dialogue with the club about it, obviously a number of obstacles in the way of getting it done. I have hope we can do something in regards to it though
I’m not meaning a permanent change at this stage bud, I mean as a temporary measure to get the players over the line this season

:)):)The song is a well known Celtic song. An obsessed section of our support have changed ONE word from it and are singing it both home and away now.
One word along with every player :))

It’s probably a song best on buses though or in a German beer hall

Ah apologies. We have asked to trial it at certain games for remainder of season, unsure if league games would be possible but if we don't ask we don't get.
Here’s hoping! It’s absolutely needed mate

Things have regressed that much it’s like Pre-2012 days now and you guys are pissing against the wind - I know full well the challenges there is with row N upwards in the section participating, never mind getting the rest of the mutes to join in

There’s a void being left with my mygers crusade, I’m happy doing virtual crying to get this sorted! The view directly behind the goals is way worse than BF1 so no one could use the excuse they’ve been put to a worse seat

Ah apologies. We have asked to trial it at certain games for remainder of season, unsure if league games would be possible but if we don't ask we don't get.
personally I hope you move to copland or corner between copland and govan

Well summarised

I moved over to TBO section for those remaining games of 08/09 from my usual seat in West Enclosure.

I've now been in BF ever since !

I moved over to TBO section for those remaining games of 08/09 from my usual seat in West Enclosure.

I've now been in BF ever since !
I missed the boat but I remember the atmosphere improving massively those games

Then I’m sure TBO done a recruitment drive and numbers in the section were greater the 2 seasons after

Then obviously UB/TBO both moved to BF1 in 2011

I honestly never heard the Hibs fans once. I was in the West Enclosure. The atmosphere was flat though. The empty stadium at the end was also disappointing.
I sit in the second row of the Main Stand Front behind the West Enclosure and I heard them several times.

Back