Union Bears Today

I guess that is the crux of the disagreement mate. In 2022 I dont think of us as a 'Protestant club'. I think of us as a club for everyone. I have absolutely no interest in what religion the players are, the guy next to me, the girl at the kiosl etc. Makes absolutely no odds. all welcome there to support the team.

I may very well be in the minority on a football forum where at times desire to out-staunch one another takes precedent but its just how I see things. I get that you dont though and thats absolutely fine, doesn't impact me in the slightest. Everyone has their opinion.
Protestant in the context of Rangers isn't about religion. It's more political and an anti Rome rule thing. I'd wager 99% of folk at Ibrox don't go to church but many have a view on the negative aspects of Catholicism. Nothing wrong with that so long as it's not offensive against individuals. But agree with you that folk respond to songs they can sing easily and the team performance has a massive impact on how the fans respond. If we are aggressive and going for the opponents we will respond. Tippy tappy possession passing around the back might work tactically but it doesn't create passion. Saturday was perfect example of how to get fans going in SPFL anyway. And actually a shit ref helped us all get animated.

Protestant in the context of Rangers isn't about religion. It's more political and an anti Rome rule thing. I'd wager 99% of folk at Ibrox don't go to church but many have a view on the negative aspects of Catholicism. Nothing wrong with that so long as it's not offensive against individuals. But agree with you that folk respond to songs they can sing easily and the team performance has a massive impact on how the fans respond. If we are aggressive and going for the opponents we will respond. Tippy tappy possession passing around the back might work tactically but it doesn't create passion. Saturday was perfect example of how to get fans going in SPFL anyway. And actually a shit ref helped us all get animated.
Agree completely with this Mate. Wish everyone saw it this way.

*Pro Protestant

is my preferred stance

Ibrox would be an absolute library without them, 5-0 against third place, home debuts for Ramsey & diallo yet atmosphere was very poor today
So so true. When you haven't got a season ticket and buy tickets at the stadium, when you get put in different parts of the stadium and start singing, trying to get it going, people just look at you as if you've been let out on day release from Carstairs.

*Pro Protestant

is my preferred stance
It's easier to be anti something than pro something so hats off mate. Organised religion is generally full of scoundrels but many folk get comfort from it as they live in poverty, have no friends, have nowhere to turn other than religion. We shouldn't mock them but they are undoubtedly exploited by hypocritical organised religion which craves power. Roman Catholic Church must be the richest in the world with a following of dirt poor peasants. Doesn't sit well.

Edit... also misogynist, supremacist pysh.

It's easier to be anti something than pro something so hats off mate. Organised religion is generally full of scoundrels but many folk get comfort from it as they live in poverty, have no friends, have nowhere to turn other than religion. We shouldn't mock them but they are undoubtedly exploited by hypocritical organised religion which craves power. Roman Catholic Church must be the richest in the world with a following of dirt poor peasants. Doesn't sit well.
If you look through my posts/arguments and debates

being proud to be Protestant is noted on more that one, culture, history and heritage ect

Pretty apt this has been bumped up again

Another home game, another utterly depressing atmosphere. Let’s blame the UB song choice though, if only they sung more Rangers/Loyalist/traditional (delete as appropriate) songs, more would join in

I laughed at some moron infront of me moaning “why don’t they sing more rangers songs”. Maybe he’d have heard follow follow, every Saturday we follow, blue sea of Ibrox, a trip to Ibrox, Tav song, Kent song, Borna song etc if he stopped crying about everything

Can’t win with people like that

Last edited by a moderator:

Another home game, another utterly depressing atmosphere. Let’s blame the UB song choice though, if only they sung more Rangers/Loyalist/traditional (delete as appropriate) songs, more would listen

I laughed at some moron infront of me moaning “why don’t they sing more rangers songs”. Maybe he’d have heard follow follow, every Saturday we follow, blue sea of Ibrox, a trip to Ibrox, Tav song, Kent song, Borna song etc if he stopped crying about everything

Atmosphere was appalling.

And as you say people will hear what they want. When I was in the section when Ally McCoist was manager we were signing ally McCoist blue and white army. Got on the bus and some old banger was furious that we had been singing Walter Smiths blue and white army to undermine McCoist. %^*& knows what he was smoking.

They beasted Darren O'Dea song or whatever the %^*& it is. Its a mentally challenged song almost word for word and it was sung again tonight. Moronic shite. I can't believe we have Rangers fans so obsessed with the filth they know the whole words to that garbage and actually sing it at Ibrox.

If there score had stayed 2-2 a bit longer that place would have been bouncing. Them scoring so soon completely deflated everyone.

Plus it was freezing!

They beasted Darren O'Dea song or whatever the %^*& it is. Its a mentally challenged song almost word for word and it was sung again tonight. Moronic shite. I can't believe we have Rangers fans so obsessed with the filth they know the whole words to that garbage and actually sing it at Ibrox.
They know the words to the song? Its quite clearly not the Celtic song that gets sung

Also, it’s no where near as embarrassing as virtually the full stadium singing we shall not be moved for a min before Celtic scored their third

Good to see it takes Aberdeen to equalise before some of our fans will actually back the team vocally. Pathetic

I’m not a fan of it but to be fair no one at all joined in with the Rangers songs so I doubt they will care.

Hibs completely outsang us for pretty much the whole match
I was in West Enclosure. Atmosphere was shit. Never heard Hibs fans the whole game. The UB drag so many songs out for far too long. However they were the only section making any real attempt at lifting the team.

If there score had stayed 2-2 a bit longer that place would have been bouncing. Them scoring so soon completely deflated everyone.

Plus it was freezing!
You’ve just summed up how utterly tragic our atmosphere is

More concerned about the game up the north east rather than getting our own team over the line in a game that matters much more

The ferocity and volume of Derrys walls when Aberdeen equalised is miles ahead of any of the newer songs, I know the club and fans have made massive strides to clean up our songbook but if the truth be told a good percentage of the home support simply can’t be bothered with these new chants

They know the words to the song? Its quite clearly not the Celtic song that gets sung

Also, it’s no where near as embarrassing as virtually the full stadium singing we shall not be moved for a min before Celtic scored their third

Good to see it takes Aberdeen to equalise before some of our fans will actually back the team vocally. Pathetic
It is the Celtic song other that ONE word. It's moronic shite.
I agree the rest of the stadium should do more. Much more. I was in the West Enclosure and joined in with most of the UB songs but I honestly believe that since the last guy (Ross) left they have never had the same effect.

The fucking junky pricks singing their "Rangers and Hampden don't go" shite was just ripe for the young bears to counter with "Hibees and Ibrox don't go".

I was willing them to do it.
A few sherbets in me and I might have started in the EE.

You’ve just summed up how utterly tragic our atmosphere is

More concerned about the game up the north east rather than getting our own team over the line in a game that matters much more
All around me guys were sat looking at their phones. Others fucked off at half time to go to the Louden. I stood freezing but stayed to the end as I always do bit I do question the logic in why so many bother to attend at all.

I’d rather nobody discussed our fans singing we shall not be moved, please. Just shook my head.

Hibs completely outsang us for pretty much the whole match

Did Hibs sing ?

I was in Club Deck hardly heard a peep.

Thought the UB were pretty poor tonight, just can’t seem to get the stadium going like they used too.

To be fair a huge majority only wanted to sing when the sheep equalised, that took up a minute of their time.

I’m not a fan of it but to be fair no one at all joined in with the Rangers songs so I doubt they will care.
You'd have to be a mentally challenged to be a fan of it. It's a mentally challenged song in all but ONE word. It's taking obsession with the scum to a whole new level.

I’d rather nobody discussed our fans singing we shall not be moved, please. Just shook my head.
I slouched down on my seat in disgust. Honest to god, just setting ourselves up to have the utter pish ripped right out of us

Wonder what goes through some peoples heads

Did Hibs sing ?

Thought the UB were pretty poor tonight, just can’t seem to get the stadium going like they used too.

To be fair a huge majority only wanted to sing when the sheep equalised, that took up a minute of their time.
I don't think it helped that it was such a horrible night but it was as poor an atmosphere as I've heard for a Rangers v Hibs game. The Stirling Albion match was much better.

Did Hibs sing ?

Could hear them fine but I’m in GF2 so pretty close.

I might be wrong, but is the downside to a 'singing section' - which is pretty much what the Union Bears provide - that the rest of the stadium watches the match and rarely bothers to pipe up unless something out of the ordinary happens?

I don't think it helped that it was such a horrible night but it was as poor an atmosphere as I've heard for a Rangers v Hibs game. The Stirling Albion match was much better.
Midweek game under the lights, in a proper title race and get outsung by about 100 Hibs fans near the front of their section

Honest to god, the match day experience is diminishing quickly. Don’t even know what the answer is, give me away days with the core of away regulars over Ibrox any day

Genuinely

I might be wrong, but is the downside to a 'singing section' - which is pretty much what the Union Bears provide - that the rest of the stadium watches the match and rarely bothers to pipe up unless something out of the ordinary happens?
We’re constantly told how good Ibrox is and how it’s unrivalled.

The atmosphere in the lower leagues was better than the current pish we have. We’re about 2/3 games away from getting those wee paper clappers Fulham fans get to create an atmosphere

it wasn’t sung in the Club Deck,

it was Derry’s Walls, sounded same throughout the stadium.
What a load of nonsense haha

There’s a video doing the rounds of we shall not be moved. I was there in person and heard it loud and clear.

Let’s not pretend it didn’t happen because it evidently did and anyone singing it is a complete riddy

Couldn’t make the game tonight because I had my wee one to look after but we shall not be moved was quite clear on RTV, Tom Miller was still talking about it being 2-2 in Aberdeen 5 minutes after it was 3-2.

Couldn’t make the game tonight because I had my wee one to look after but we shall not be moved was quite clear on RTV, Tom Miller was still talking about it being 2-2 in Aberdeen 5 minutes after it was 3-2.
The only thing worse than we shall not be moved being sung would be having to listen to Tom commentator drone some incoherent nonsense

Should’ve been binned after his Celtic eulogy - only in the role because he’s a fan and the club feel sorry for him

The only thing worse than we shall not be moved being sung would be having to listen to Tom commentator drone some incoherent nonsense

Should’ve been binned after his Celtic eulogy - only in the role because he’s a fan and the club feel sorry for him
I can’t stand the guy. Talks some amount of utter shite. Kept mentioning Celtic followed by ‘but the only show is here at Ibrox’, why keep bringing them up then you daft b*****d.

I seriously question why people even bother going to Ibrox. Don’t make a noise unless it’s to moan about the ref or our players then %^*& off at 80 minutes.

Another home game, another utterly depressing atmosphere. Let’s blame the UB song choice though, if only they sung more Rangers/Loyalist/traditional (delete as appropriate) songs, more would join in

I don't think the UB are anywhere near as loud as they were before. Have the numbers dropped or is it something else?
It was pretty underwhelming tonight though at least they made the effort. Hopefully the club move them to a more prominent area of the stadium.

There’s a video doing the rounds of we shall not be moved. I was there in person and heard it loud and clear.

Let’s not pretend it didn’t happen because it evidently did and anyone singing it is a complete riddy

Well i was the opposite end to you mate and heard the broomy front kinda starting this and i can assure you the copland totally drowned it out with derrys walls

Midweek game under the lights, in a proper title race and get outsung by about 100 Hibs fans near the front of their section

Honest to god, the match day experience is diminishing quickly. Don’t even know what the answer is, give me away days with the core of away regulars over Ibrox any day

Genuinely
I honestly never heard the Hibs fans once. I was in the West Enclosure. The atmosphere was flat though. The empty stadium at the end was also disappointing.

BF1, West Enclosure and above in the main stand and club deck were all singing Derry’s Walls.

Rest of the stadium seemed to be singing something different at the time. Which was obviously we shall not be moved.

Back