Updates to RTV

Had to switch from Safari to Chrome for the Friday night game. Logging in just now and videos playing fine via Safari when before I was constantly being prompted to login again or subscribe.

I don’t have
£24 per month seems to be the new monthly Unlimited subscriber rate when you visit the website.

When was the last increase? Been £17.25 for all of my two years and more. The per-game rate went up from circa £5 to circa £8 last Summer so the big increase - and it is substantial - was not unexpected by anyone who's been paying attention. I've ditched BT Sport and Sky goes on 29 Feb so that's my RangersTV paid for. Easy for me as I can afford it and I very, very rarely have an issue with the stream. Less so for those who are struggling financially or who have issues streaming (though, as I've often said, I'm convinced those are at the user end). £24 for a good quality stream of every Rangers game or more than that just to Sky alone when I watch maybe 6 games in total per month PLUS have to pay BT Sport as well for most of the Rangers games. Easy choice for me.

Interested to hear from anyone who knows when the last increase before this was.
I could accept the increase if the standard increased in tandem. Friday was awful for me.

I don’t have

I could accept the increase if the standard increased in tandem. Friday was awful for me.

I had a wee bit of buffering around half time but, other than that, it was the usual, reliable stream for me. I appreciate that's not the experience for some but a decent broadband connection (that isn't being shared across 10 other devices) and a reliable (paid for) VPN set to a location as close to the UK as possible (France, Belgium, The Netherlands) can make a big difference. I've also found trying to stream via a SmartTV browser to be a complete and utter clusterf*ck - avoid like the plague.

£24 per month seems to be the new monthly Unlimited subscriber rate when you visit the website.

When was the last increase? Been £17.25 for all of my two years and more. The per-game rate went up from circa £5 to circa £8 last Summer so the big increase - and it is substantial - was not unexpected by anyone who's been paying attention. I've ditched BT Sport and Sky goes on 29 Feb so that's my RangersTV paid for. Easy for me as I can afford it and I very, very rarely have an issue with the stream. Less so for those who are struggling financially or who have issues streaming (though, as I've often said, I'm convinced those are at the user end). £24 for a good quality stream of every Rangers game or more than that just to Sky alone when I watch maybe 6 games in total per month PLUS have to pay BT Sport as well for most of the Rangers games. Easy choice for me.

Interested to hear from anyone who knows when the last increase before this was.

I paid on a game by game basis for years

I found a receipt from 07/01/2014 for £17.25

My stream was OK after the update and from a personal point of view I thought the picture quality was much better.Having said that,having previously been unable to stream to my TV via Apple TV(4K), I was surprised to find that I could do it from my iMac, but sadly no sound on the TV.I suspect its something to do with the settings, but I couldn't be arsed fiddling around, so went back to the computer.

I paid on a game by game basis for years

I found a receipt from 07/01/2014 for £17.25

Cheers mate. Its clear from that then that an increase was long overdue. I don't mind it at all but I can understand some finding it a bit of a stretch.

Ditch Sky and BT folks then RangersTV pays for itself many times over.;):)

I was surprised to find that I could do it from my iMac, but sadly no sound on the TV.I suspect its something to do with the settings, but I couldn't be arsed fiddling around, so went back to the computer.

When you select Airplay to your Apple TV, also check the speaker icon at the top and select the Apple TV as the audio output to use. The Mac has the ability to route video and audio separately so you need to select them both when initiating your Airplay session.

Does it work on the new smart tvs ?

RangersTV isn’t the problem with SmartTVs. The problem is that the browser in most SmartTVs just isn’t up to the job. Furthermore, if you are a UK user you will still - and always will - have the problem of sourcing a VPN, even if your SmartTV does have enough ‘oomph’.

When you select Airplay to your Apple TV, also check the speaker icon at the top and select the Apple TV as the audio output to use. The Mac has the ability to route video and audio separately so you need to select them both when initiating your Airplay session.
Thanks for that mate, a bit of an IT technophobe(age 71)so will give that a bash.

I'm getting the same issue as others with my email address (the only one I've used for years) not recognised for the password reset. I've got the annual unlimited pass with 6 months left to run - there's no way I'm resubscribing when they owe me 6 months! Amateur hour indeed.

I'm getting the same issue as others with my email address (the only one I've used for years) not recognised for the password reset. I've got the annual unlimited pass with 6 months left to run - there's no way I'm resubscribing when they owe me 6 months! Amateur hour indeed.

Persevere with contacting them until you get a resolution. Remember and quote your old login ID in any correspondence and, if you have any evidence of your subscription (I got emails from WorldPay confirming my payments for example), then scan them in and send them as well. Don’t just let it go. Be prepared for the long haul though.

rangerstvsupport@streamamg.com

Last edited:
Persevere with contacting them until you get a resolution. Remember and quote your old login ID in any correspondence and, if you have any evidence of your subscription (I got emails from WorldPay confirming my payments for example), then scan them in and send them as well. Don’t just let it go. Be prepared for the long haul though.

rangerstvsupport@streamamg.com
Cheers,
They’ve now got back to me wanting the email receipt from when I signed up in July. I’ve told them I don’t have it and offered them my credit card statement which has the £193 payment to Rangers TV.
i await their response.

Cheers,
They’ve now got back to me wanting the email receipt from when I signed up in July. I’ve told them I don’t have it and offered them my credit card statement which has the £193 payment to Rangers TV.
i await their response.

That payment would have been taken by their Agent, WorldPay. When you signed up you would have been given a login and password to WorldPay’s website. That will record the payment and sending a copy of that will be ‘safer’ than sending CC statements. IF you have kept the login details of course.

Cheers,
i await their response.

They asked me for that on Saturday. I sent it back to them within five minutes. Two days and numerous requests for a response later - zilch.

Absolutely atrocious ‘Customer Support’.

They asked me for that on Saturday. I sent it back to them within five minutes. Two days and numerous requests for a response later - zilch.

Absolutely atrocious ‘Customer Support’.

I had similar from Friday and still no reply.

I can login on my Android telephone and my wife's i-phone it is my PC where I have the trouble. I couldn't cast to the tv through the phones though so I had to mirror it which is poorer quality. I got an e-mail asking me all details and make a screenshot which I did. Heard nothing back yet.

RangersTV isn’t the problem with SmartTVs. The problem is that the browser in most SmartTVs just isn’t up to the job. Furthermore, if you are a UK user you will still - and always will - have the problem of sourcing a VPN, even if your SmartTV does have enough ‘oomph’.
Worked fine on my smart TV until they made the changes. Now i shall be casting to the telly as it works fine with Chromecast.

Worked fine on my smart TV until they made the changes. Now i shall be casting to the telly as it works fine with Chromecast.

The problem with Chromecast for me is that it buffers far too often.

I bought a smart TV for the sole purpose of being able to watch RTV easily, then when that didn't work I bought a Chromecast, now I just use an HDMI

I still can't login, email isn't recognised even though I have plenty emails from them. Bit of a joke when I'm paying for a subscription I can't use. Anyone actually had it fixed after emailing them?

I still can't login, email isn't recognised even though I have plenty emails from them. Bit of a joke when I'm paying for a subscription I can't use. Anyone actually had it fixed after emailing them?
I couldn't log in and couldn't reset my password as it wasn't recognising my email address for some reason. Eventually just registered again. I've now been charged twice. The new price sub and the old one that I was previously on.

I couldn't log in and couldn't reset my password as it wasn't recognising my email address for some reason. Eventually just registered again. I've now been charged twice. The new price sub and the old one that I was previously on.

I did warn those who leapt in and started a new subscription that this was likely to happen. Persevere in contacting support to resolve things on your existing subscription if you run into issues. If you’ve already re-subscribed then persevere with them to get your old subscription cancelled/refunded or you will simply continue being double-charged.

I did warn those who leapt in and started a new subscription that this was likely to happen. Persevere in contacting support to resolve things on your existing subscription if you run into issues. If you’ve already re-subscribed then persevere with them to get your old subscription cancelled/refunded or you will simply continue being double-charged.
You're completely correct. I was just frustrated trying to sort it so I could watch the game last Friday so I registered again. I'll be chasing it up this morning

Also had to register again, as they had no details for me, I also never used my e-mail as my login was not recognized.
All sorted now, but it was frustrating that they left it to the day of the game.

Sounds like the usual shambles when switching platforms. Will wait a couple weeks till things have hopefully settled then take a look at it. If they can get this right, it could be massively beneficial to revenue.

Annual subscriber here who has largely been happy with the service & streams. However, this switchover has been handled terribly.

I didn't receive any communication of the upcoming changes. I only knew because I read it on here.
My email wasn't recognised so I emailed support who responded with a generic reply suggesting to re-register which, according to the way it was worded, didn't really apply to me as I'm an annual subscriber.

I emailed them again...no response since.

And this was all on Friday, the day of a game! What on earth were they thinking!?

I emailed support for the 3rd time yesterday. No response.

Very poor.

I’m going to miss a few of the next home games, so I’ve taken out the unlimited package again. Had a wee play about with the new site and there is some buffering, which doesn’t bode well for watching live games.
Has anybody tried switching off their VPN once the stream starts playing during a live match?

I’m going to miss a few of the next home games, so I’ve taken out the unlimited package again. Had a wee play about with the new site and there is some buffering, which doesn’t bode well for watching live games.
Has anybody tried switching off their VPN once the stream starts playing during a live match?
Yes mate done it friday with Tunnel Bear and worked fine.

Hola VPN is decent too, not sure if anyone else has better recommendations?

Last edited:
Yes made done it friday with Tunnel Bear and worked fine.

Hola VPN is decent too, not sure if anyone else has better recommendations?

I have VPN Unlimited and it has usually done the trick for me. Did switching the VPN off make a difference to/improve the picture quality?

Annual subscriber here who has largely been happy with the service & streams. However, this switchover has been handled terribly.

I didn't receive any communication of the upcoming changes. I only knew because I read it on here.
My email wasn't recognised so I emailed support who responded with a generic reply suggesting to re-register which, according to the way it was worded, didn't really apply to me as I'm an annual subscriber.

I emailed them again...no response since.

And this was all on Friday, the day of a game! What on earth were they thinking!?

I emailed support for the 3rd time yesterday. No response.

Very poor.

My experience exactly, DTE.

Fired off another e-mail this morning. Almost immediately, nothing happened!

Back