Vaccine Passport

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is my first post,usually only have a nosey. Hopefully someone can help.

I have tickets for the Aberdeen game and taking my daughter to her first game. We live in Liverpool now so obviously buzzing to get up for a game.

Someone mentioned that if we had the vaccine in England, we would be denied entry. Is this the case? Would hate to miss it.

Thanks for any help
The app doesn’t have photo ID, take a mates details and download it. That’s what I’m doing, they won’t care as long as they can scan something.

De
Is the paper version definitely being accepted do you know mate?
Definitely being accepted - the kid on SNP health minister released a statement saying over 700k had downloaded the app and a further 750k had the paper version

Is the paper version definitely being accepted do you know mate?
Looks like it from the website:
"Supporters are encouraged to arrive with a hard copy of their vaccine certificate, however digital copies will also be accepted. Visitors from all parts of the UK will be able to use their existing vaccine certificates."

De

Definitely being accepted - the kid on SNP health minister released a statement saying over 700k had downloaded the app and a further 750k had the paper version
Looks like it from the website:
"Supporters are encouraged to arrive with a hard copy of their vaccine certificate, however digital copies will also be accepted. Visitors from all parts of the UK will be able to use their existing vaccine certificates."
Cheers guys.

I wouldnt worry too much about this to be honest, after all who is going to be enforcing it? i cant see some poor steward being all that keen in arguing the point with someone who hasnt got proof. The whole thing is an unmanageable shambles that is only being carried out because "just cos"
I wouldn’t be so sure about that, there’s always jobsworths who will operate to the letter of the rules but don’t get me wrong it’s a piece of nonsense and very much in line with the type of decision making from the diddies currently running Scotland.

A potentially stupid quest re this. If you photograph your vaccine letter does the QR code have to be a certain size on your phone before it can be read. Or are we going to have large queues of people frantically resizing QR codes on their phones so they can be read?

What's stopping you getting copy of somebody else's passport and saying your using somebody else's tickets? Assuming that they might ask to cross check the names

I wouldnt worry too much about this to be honest, after all who is going to be enforcing it? i cant see some poor steward being all that keen in arguing the point with someone who hasnt got proof. The whole thing is an unmanageable shambles that is only being carried out because "just cos"
I think it will be enforced
It in Scottish law now, it’s not like it’s optional

Stress free you say ... people my age ain't exactly computer savvy ... I've spent hours n hours entering my details uploading pictures of driving licence and passport and trying to take a crazy screenshot of my face this is mental. The camera goes at some crazy angles even though I am holding the thing straight at my face. It then tells you picture unrecognised try again and again and again and again. Fkn useless.
Somehow I stumbled across a number 119 called that and got a very helpful irish lady she gave me this number 0808 196 8565 called that and eventually I am getting a paper passport sent out within 14 days ... praying it comes before Thursday now.
You're 10 years younger than me mate.;):) Sounds like the paper version is the way to go for you - albeit you'd have been as well asking for it at the beginning of the month rather than now.

Last edited:
What's stopping you getting copy of somebody else's passport and saying your using somebody else's tickets? Assuming that they might ask to cross check the names
Tickets are non transferable
I know people do this all the time but if you read the small print they aren’t transferable

Stress free you say ... people my age ain't exactly computer savvy ... I've spent hours n hours entering my details uploading pictures of driving licence and passport and trying to take a crazy screenshot of my face this is mental. The camera goes at some crazy angles even though I am holding the thing straight at my face. It then tells you picture unrecognised try again and again and again and again. Fkn useless.
Somehow I stumbled across a number 119 called that and got a very helpful irish lady she gave me this number 0808 196 8565 called that and eventually I am getting a paper passport sent out within 14 days ... praying it comes before Thursday now.
Do you have an old phone?
If it’s a iPhone 6 say those don’t work with the new app

I doubt the stewards will have enough time to check that names on the passport match tickets etc.
I do expect Thursday to be a clusterfuck though.

I think if he is asked he would be denied entry. He needs a Covid passport or exemption letter from the doctor as to why he can't get the vaccine. I don't think "I've had Covid before" will work or should work. Though it will most likely be spot checks rather than everyone being asked so always a chance he gets away with it.
I don't think he's using Covid as an excuse.
Your not allowed a jag until 1 month has passed since you had Covid.
He's still on a dodgy wicket though.

Oh ffs, do you honestly think a young steward is going to ask to scan your covid passport, THEN check it matches the name on your season ticket, while thousands of Bears queue up behind?
If it's backed up by legislation then who's to say they won't be backed up by plod. We won't know until Thursday what will happen but you can be sure that if the Scottish government are looking to make an example of anyone then we will be the prime candidates.

I doubt that it will come to that though

This is my first post,usually only have a nosey. Hopefully someone can help.

I have tickets for the Aberdeen game and taking my daughter to her first game. We live in Liverpool now so obviously buzzing to get up for a game.

Someone mentioned that if we had the vaccine in England, we would be denied entry. Is this the case? Would hate to miss it.

Thanks for any help
You will get in, don't worry about it.
If it's backed up by legislation then who's to say they won't be backed up by plod. We won't know until Thursday what will happen but you can be sure that if the Scottish government are looking to make an example of anyone then we will be the prime candidates.

I doubt that it will come to that though
You stress about it, im certainly not.

Haven’t tried the app but have a copy of the QR codes that are generated when you ask for the travel passport from the Scottish NHS login is that good enough as proof? It’s two codes one for each vaccine has my name etc on it

As one of the jabbed the thought of you unjabbed lot giving me covid is causing me stress. Why don't you just go and get jabbed?

I'm double jabbed my mate is not, both of us came down with the Covid in early September after the scum game he was ok unlike me who was floored for days. Vaccine Passports and all the rest of the pish are an SNP fucking joke show.

I think it will be enforced
It in Scottish law now, it’s not like it’s optional
Enforced by who is my point. If its stewards i dont see them being too enthusiastic about it, Itll be half arsed and going through the motions, they wont want the hassle. And i wouldnt blame them.

But then people wouldn’t go for the vaccine and that’s what they want really. It’s ridiculous, imo a negative test would be safer for the masses.
A report of a negative LFT is meaningless. So long as you have the barcode you can upload a negative result. You don’t have to take the test, in fact you could test positive and upload a negative result. Hence meaningless.

The Vaccine Passport isn’t any more meaningful either. Waste of time in both cases.

Enforced by who is my point. If its stewards i dont see them being too enthusiastic about it, Itll be half arsed and going through the motions, they wont want the hassle. And i wouldnt blame them.
‘Enforcement’ on the individual is unlikely I’d say, unless you met a real arsehole of a Steward. However, if the Club fail to provide evidence they have checked the requisite number of people - 20% seems to be their target figure - then enforcement against the Club is distinctly possible.

Hope so...as 1 of the unjabbed this is causing me a lot of stress
Me and my son was shouted at on Saturday by a steward going in to the game that we better have our vaccine proof going in to the next game and we were not even looking at the git so they are going to be checking be aware.

Download the app today. Bit of messing around with the face recognition part but sorted now. I have no issues if asked on Thursday to produce it.

These threads tend to descend into folk claiming anarchy if some are held up in a queue. :D

Travelling from Northern Ireland on Thursday. The NI app as alluded to in a previous post only lets you apply for a Covid Passport if you have an International Flight. What's the next option? Some mess!

Surely there's a steward on the forum? Let us know what they've been told lol

I am heading up (unjabbed) , no idea what I will say if stopped so likely just see if any turnstile has no steward

I’ve never downloaded any app. I've got the pdf saved on my phone from the NHS website which has my name & address, the dates of my 2 vaccinations and a QR code for each one. No photo ID. I've also sent it to a couple of mates who'll be showing it as well if asked. No idea why they're making folk stress about downloading apps and uploading photos and passport numbers and drivers licences and all that shite.

Last edited:
I downloaded the app weeks ago and have just checked it on my phone, it now says your covid status is no longer valid! FFS I have had the 2 jags plus the booster. HELP
Just refresh and log in again and it should come up OK.

I tried to sign up but when ticking passport Id camera not opening app is a joke
If on Android, when you installed the App you probably had to grant it access to various things on your phone, including the camera. Can you remember doing so? I'm sure there will be a way to do it retrospectively via Settings but I'm not Android so can't give the details.

Well looks like with most thinks SNP this will be a shambles.

SNP's vaccine passport scheme in chaos as it can be 'outfoxed by a screenshot'​

Key security feature trumpeted by under-fire SNP health secretary in radio interview does not exist, in further blow to scheme

The rollout of Scotland's vaccine passport scheme descended into a deeper shambles on Monday after it emerged that a key security feature trumpeted by the SNP health secretary does not work.
As enforcement of the controversial scheme came into force, Humza Yousaf was warned that it was left wide open to fraud and abuse because a safeguard he claimed would protect the personal data of Scots did not exist.
The minister claimed in a major radio interview that it was impossible to take screenshots of information displayed on the passport app, which proves users had received both jabs.
The feature was supposed to stop people obtaining details of another person's vaccination records, which they could then display on their own phones to fraudulently gain access to nightclubs or large events such as sports fixtures or concerts.
However, it emerged that the £600,000 app, which was hit with major technical problems when it was launched late last month, in fact allowed users to easily take screenshots which could be sent to others instantly by email, text or on messaging services such as WhatsApp.
The vaccine passport scheme has been hit by problems

CREDIT: PA/PA
Businesses have been told that they are allowed to “visually” check QR codes when screening customers, meaning it would be simple for an unvaccinated person to get around the requirement if they have a friend willing to share an image, or obtain records of a vaccinated person without their consent.
Opponents said the revelation would further dent public confidence in the scheme, which has already been hit with widespread technical problems and is hated by businesses expected to implement the rules.
There was confusion within the SNP administration about the blunder on Monday night, with some suggestions that Mr Yousaf had been let down by officials who had fed him incorrect information. The Government later claimed he had been referring only to an app used to check users' details, which did not allow screenshots to be taken on Android phones only.
The health secretary is already under huge pressure because of an unprecedented crisis within the NHS, with a third Scottish health board requesting military assistance to prevent collapse.
Alex Cole-Hamilton, the leader of the Scottish LibDems, said it was clear that the system could be "outfoxed by anyone who knows how to take a screenshot" and repeated his call for it to be scrapped.
“The launch was a shambles and the IT system struggled to cope,” he said. "What's worse is that these illiberal ID cards will not even keep people safe. It will breed false confidence and allow the virus to spread under the radar.”
He added: “This whole saga has been a shameful distraction from the measures that we know can help us defeat the virus: testing, tracing and vaccinating. Covid ID cards should be abolished immediately."
Alex Cole-Hamilton is a critic of the scheme

Speaking to BBC Scotland on Monday morning, Mr Yousaf attempted to defend the scheme and praised “really helpful” security features built within the app.
He added: “For example, the screenshotting facility in your phone is disabled when you're using the verify app, so you can't screenshot the information that comes up.”
However, within minutes the claim had been shown to be incorrect.
Businesses also warned that many members of the public were still unaware of the scheme, with SNP ministers refusing calls to launch a large-scale marketing drive to inform the public they could be refused entry to nightclubs or large events if they do not have proof of vaccination.
Leon Thompson, director of UKHospitality Scotland, said many businesses had reported customers being unaware of the scheme since it came into force on October 1. They were expected to trial its use before enforcement began on Monday.
Mr Yousaf said that more than 700,000 people had downloaded the app, while 750,000 paper copies had been issued.
This means that at least two million double-vaccinated Scots do not yet have a vaccine passport, although the total is likely to be far higher as many people aware of the scheme will have downloaded both a digital and paper version.
The situation could lead to chaos if large numbers turn up to events which they have bought tickets to but are then turned away.
The controversy over vaccine passports came as a third health board requested military support, with the NHS under unprecedented strain.
NHS Grampian asked for army assistance, after it emerged that medics will be deployed to the Borders and Lanarkshire from Tuesday. More than 200 military personnel are already assisting the Scottish Ambulance Service.
Sandesh Gulhane, health spokesman for the Scottish Tories, said: “Humza Yousaf has completely failed to get on top of the crisis in our NHS. Staff are beyond breaking point. We are not even near the peak winter period yet we have three health boards requesting urgent military assistance.
“That is a direct result of Humza Yousaf’s delays and inaction. His flimsy NHS Recovery pamphlet and belated winter plan for our health service are simply not cutting it."
A Scottish Government spokeswoman said: “In his interview the Cabinet Secretary was clearly referring to the Covid Check Verifier App which is used by business to verify a person’s QR code. The ability to take a screenshot has been disabled from android devices.
“Furthermore under the regulations venues they are under a statutory duty to treat information in confidence and not use it for another purpose.
“We recognise that it is possible to take a screenshot of the Covid Status app but the shimmer security features built into the app mean that it should be possible to distinguish between the app and a screenshot.”

If on Android, when you installed the App you probably had to grant it access to various things on your phone, including the camera. Can you remember doing so? I'm sure there will be a way to do it retrospectively via Settings but I'm not Android so can't give the details.
Am not sure now might uninstall it and try again thanks

This scheme is a shambles and if you've downloaded your proof of vaccination then your details could be shared . I opted to get a paper copy then put it on my phone by picture and the code still works when shown.

Had a wee peak on Kerryfail there to see whats going on with their game as they are playing this afternoon. One poster suggested there is a full outer perimeter set up for doing vaccine checks and the below signs are at every entrance.

I suspect there is going to be more to this than half-arsed stewards doing the odd random check for every half dozen or so people that enter.

Got chaos written all over it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back