Vaccine Passport

Status
Not open for further replies.
How is this actually going to work? Are they going to name check the name on the app to your season ticket or are they going to scan the barcode thing (surely not)

Shambles either way.

How is this actually going to work? Are they going to name check the name on the app to your season ticket or are they going to scan the barcode thing (surely not)

Shambles either way.
They'll scan the QR code, if they can be bothered to.

I don't think they have scanners, mate. Going by other events and Parkhead on Tuesday, it's been a quick glance and that's it.

That’s what I was thinking, surely they don’t have scanners.

That’s what I was thinking, surely they don’t have scanners.
I think too many people are overthinking the whole process. Only way to find out for sure is when we go tonight and see what the script is.

came on to ask,
how did it go on tuesday? havnt seen it mentioned.
My cousin is at STH and he went in an hour before, said no one checked. Some of them on Twitter said it was a quick glance and I even saw one of Facebook suggesting he got past with a Hermes code. So who knows for real can only go off what I have read and been told.

What does the passport look like, one big QR code or two separate QR codes. Been sent one of each and not sure which is the "app" version

Noticed that there is no checks for the concert tonight in the Hydro, always though it was over 10k capacity?

Or have they hardly sold any tickets?

UN just announced they’ll be adding a carbon tax onto the “vaccine passport”, which was the plan all along. China social credit system won’t be far away. Travelling abroad will be restricted based on your carbon usage. Laughable people still think this is about the flu.

I wonder, are the Scottish people just going to roll over and accept this? or are we going to do something about it? Very little signs of any pushback so far.

Good times create weak men, and all that.

I haven’t got a passport and won’t but can I ask just so I understand; you upload drivers licence then take a picture, but you can then print off a bit of paper that has only a QR code on it? Would it not make sense to have the picture on the paper / PDF so you know it’s the persons whose holding it? Or is it designed to be scanned and that would come up, but the stewards don’t have scanners? Hahaha amazing

If he can prove he has had Covid then he should get in but I certainly wouldn't rely on distance to get in. When I was returning to Holland on the Newcastle ferry a guy from Aberdeen was turned away because he couldn't prove he was only driving through Holland and not staying there. He pleaded for about 45 minutes to no avail. That is indeed international movement so may be different.

Proving you have recently had covid will not get someone in.

Proving you have recently had covid will not get someone in.
Sorry I thought it would be the same as Holland and Germany where it is vaccination, a recent negative test test or proving you have just had it and therefore enough antibodies to be pretty sure you are not a carrier. I thought I read Scotland was the same.

Sorry I thought it would be the same as Holland and Germany where it is vaccination, a recent negative test test or proving you have just had it and therefore enough antibodies to be pretty sure you are not a carrier. I thought I read Scotland was the same.
No. Scotland under Nippy likes to be 'different'. From the ScoGov website:

Vaccine certificates in Scotland

From 5am on 1 October, COVID vaccine certificates are needed to get into the following higher risk settings in Scotland:
  • late night premises with music, which serve alcohol at any time between midnight and 5am and have a designated place for dancing for customers
  • indoor events (unseated) with 500 or more people
  • outdoor events (unseated) with 4,000 or more people
  • any event with more than 10,000 people
Everyone attending these settings and events must be able to show they have been fully vaccinated (unless exempt) to gain entry.

People who are exempt

The following people are exempt:
  • under 18s
  • participants in vaccine trials
  • people who cannot be vaccinated for medical reasons
  • the person responsible for the premises
  • people working or performing in the venues
  • emergency services responders and regulators carrying out their work

Last edited:
Are these vaccination passports required at St Mirren on Sunday? I appreciate the capacity of the St Mirren stadium is only 8k but would this be classed as a major sporting event?

Apologies if this has been covered before!

What does the passport look like, one big QR code or two separate QR codes. Been sent one of each and not sure which is the "app" version
The app updated this morning so now there's 1 big QR code for use in Scotland or another screen for use abroad which shows your two doses and clicking on each one brings up a QR code. You toggle between Scotland/International via a button in top right. Quite simple and a welcome improvement.

This is the link to the Android version https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=scot.nhs.nss.vcert

Tested positive this morning so this won't now be an issue for me tonight :mad:

Unlucky pal, hope it isn’t too bad on you.

Could be worse, I missed the mentally challengeds at Ibrox because I was f*cked with Covid for about 2/3 weeks and I still haven’t got my smell fully back, and some things I smell or do I get the same mad taste/smell.

UN just announced they’ll be adding a carbon tax onto the “vaccine passport”, which was the plan all along. China social credit system won’t be far away. Travelling abroad will be restricted based on your carbon usage. Laughable people still think this is about the flu.

I wonder, are the Scottish people just going to roll over and accept this? or are we going to do something about it? Very little signs of any pushback so far.

Good times create weak men, and all that.

Six likes. Terrifying.

Hope everyone is good and getting into the ground with no hassle.

Can't believe my first post is on a 6 pager. Thought it would just disappear with a couple replies

Thanks for everyone who replied and it has been very helpful.

Mon the Teddy Bears tonight.

I'm just going to try and wing it. The scan worked with my driver's license, but I'm clean shaven on the photo, and the ridiculous white and black face scanner doesn't recognize me. I'll not be shaving my beard to accommodate this pish, so wish me luck.

They are not checking in any great detail.

The screenshot of my certificate was too small to read without zooming in, they never bothered to even look.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back