Victims lawyer urges Celtic to set millions aside

So he had the ability to protect children from harm while at CFC? I'm sure there are many who wish they got the same protection afforded to Nicholas.
No, he said he'd 'look after him'
That may or may not mean he'd protect him.
Depends how you interpret it really.

I'd imagine torbett told many parents he'd look after their children, by 'look after' he meant abuse.

That might work in the fanciful delusions of the common garden mentally challengeds mind.
In the real world, you fire a child abuser and bring him back, you are responsible.
I think the insurers would only cover “employee liability” up to the point where there had to be undeniable knowledge of an undeniable illegal wrongdoing.
I know I’ve put that a bit clumsily but you’ll get where I’m coming from.

I think the insurers would only cover “employee liability” up to the point where there had to be undeniable knowledge of an undeniable illegal wrongdoing.
I know I’ve put that a bit clumsily but you’ll get where I’m coming from.
They may cover compensation in the event that a paedo went undetected, but whilst in their employ?

Wouldn't it be a terrific irony if the fact that BJK sacked torbett then was the thing that caught them out?

They can't deny any knowledge, even their own fans boast of Stein getting rid of the paedo.

So he had the ability to protect children from harm while at CFC? I'm sure there are many who wish they got the same protection afforded to Nicholas.
Johnny Doyle knew too, and he tried to do something about it. Unfortunately to no avail. Like the handful of others who tried over the decades at Celtic to stop abuse his efforts didn't make any impression.
There were people trying to stop abusers at Celtic. But they got nowhere, and were even frozen out if they pushed the issue. I've no idea if any of them tried reporting abuse to the Police, I hope if they did we get to find out about it.
If ever a full inquiry was needed it is at Celtic into their child abuse. How their sordid activities went on for decades is chilling to the core. WTF was going on in our society that this scandal was widely known about yet allowed to go on without being investigated? The more you find out it gets harder and harder to comprehend the scale of it all, and that it was allowed to happen. Hundreds of children have been abused, plenty of people in Celtic knew it was going on, they knew who was doing it too, and none of them lifted a finger.

And to think Desmond's first choice investment was Man Utd. Expect him to become even more distant in the next few years. It could be like the last few years of the Murray era for them
Desmond's survived plenty of bad publicity but even the Pope's on the bandwagon telling them to report all incidences of rape and sexual molestation, does that exclude Desmond?
He might not have been at the helm but he sure as hell knows.
The Kelly's, Big Jock,many at Celti@ football club players and management,SNP,and other politicians, the Scottish media, the SFA, SPFL the BBC, the Catholic Church in Scotland there are plenty amongst that lot who know more.
Are they now going to come forward ?
Where are the letters from CFC that the parents were given to ensure silence?
Mostly people of Catholic faith, the Pope has asked them to come forward and cleanse themselves and stop concealing what they know will they listen to him, or take their chances at the Pearly gates, cos that's the end of the game.

Last edited:
Oh dear, no insurer would possibly agree to insure someone against child abuse and the protection of such.
They wouldn’t last long with that kind of policy.
You’d also have to wonder about a club who took out insurance against child abuse if it was at all possible.

Timbo wasn’t thinking when he came up with that theory.

What will they be reporting mate? Just the mcafferty trial or the wider Celtic paedo scandal?
I take it it will mostly be about McCafferty on Tuesday but things will blow up later if you have not read other posts there are at least 2 programmes waiting to be aired one from Daly and one from the guy who won awards for his documentary on Hillsborough. His program is 3 X one and a half hours with Celtics mhucky name all through it linked to at least 4 clubs in England

I read on an earlier post something about Celtic aren’t liable if it didn’t happen on their premises. Surely if the child is under the care of a Celtic employee then it doesn’t matter where it happened?

I am 99% sure here, there was an incident with McCafferty that took place in the dressing room of separate entity F.C., there has been so much going on at the bheasts that I may have picked this up incorrectly.
All should be revealed on Tuesday, press interviews from SKY, ITV and Channel 4 with the survivors and families are being done tomorrow (Monday 13th).

Let this be the day that these families can start to get some respite.

I still don't believe for a second that Celtic will be punished to the likes of Penn State levels.

Keep reading people on here saying it's coming etc but theres no appetite in this country for it.

We're the pariahs in Scotland. Where complicated tax schemes and the audacity to sign players from other clubs gets more reaction than 40 year long paedo rings, you know there's something not quite right.

They'll teflon their way through this like usual. Probably arrange a tour of Japan if the going gets tough at any point then shrug it off.

It's a tragedy for the victims and their families.

I still don't believe for a second that Celtic will be punished to the likes of Penn State levels.

Keep reading people on here saying it's coming etc but theres no appetite in this country for it.

We're the pariahs in Scotland. Where complicated tax schemes and the audacity to sign players from other clubs gets more reaction than 40 year long paedo rings, you know there's something not quite right.

They'll teflon their way through this like usual. Probably arrange a tour of Japan if the going gets tough at any point then shrug it off.

Why not sign the petition to have it brought up in the UK parliament,national and international exposure is the way forward for this. If we all shared this and done our little bit who knows where it would take it?

https://www.change.org/p/british-go...stigated-bb3f86f7-1cad-4db7-89fa-8396a3bad6e0

Last edited:

Sadly I think this post is true. When you see how we were treated for not paying our taxes and yet allowing child abuse to take place unchecked is not punishable you know that this cannot end any other way than a cover up.

The media have no appetite for this nor do the SNP government. Nothing will happen.

Sadly for the victims past and future lessons won’t be learned and this will just carry on.

Disgraceful.

Why not sign the petition to have it brought up in the UK parliament,national and international exposure is the way forward for this. If we all shared this and done our little bit who knows where it would take it?

https://www.change.org/p/british-go...stigated-bb3f86f7-1cad-4db7-89fa-8396a3bad6e0

Petitions achieve hee haw. I'll happily sign it but our petition over the activity which saw us done over went nowhere either and it had twice the number of signatures.

So is this him appearing on indictment to plead?
No the S76 on that relates to a person already made a plea and case is fast tracked to a finish, he has already pled guilty to 19 charges last week although there was no coverage of it be it ignorance hoping it isn't true, well it is true and Tues is gonna be a very uncomfortable day for anyone related to the tramps be it past or present

No the S76 on that relates to a person already made a plea and case is fast tracked to a finish, he has already pled guilty to 19 charges last week although there was no coverage of it be it ignorance hoping it isn't true, well it is true and Tues is gonna be a very uncomfortable day for anyone related to the tramps be it past or present

Do we know if any, or all of the guilty pleas relate to his employment period with the scum JF ?

This thread deserves to be on the front page, ready for McCafferty's Guilty pleas to be entered tomorrow (Tuesday) and the fall-out arising from that.

The can of worms is about to be prised open.

Cheers for bump.

It's a large thread so have missed a lot of information but we're expecting tomorrow to be significant because the crimes took place while he was in the employ of CFC and not working for the 'separate entity', is that right? Hopefully allowing the victims to pursue compensation from celtic.

Also can someone provide an estimate of how many peadophiles that have been associated with CFC/Separate Entity? I was telling my missus about it all yesterday and she was disgusted that it had been covered up in the first place never mind how long society has happily kept quiet about it.

Torbett wanting moved from his boyfriend in jail, the sun on Saturday 11th

https://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/ne...b-jim-torbett-prison-thomas-mason-paedophile/

CAGED Celtic Boys Club beast Jim Torbett was involved in a screaming row with his paedo cellmate after asking for a move, it is claimed.

Thomas Mason, 34, is said to have written a love letter to child abuser Torbett, 71, when he found out he had requested a transfer.

SPINDRIFT PHOTO AGENCY
Torbett was jailed for six years after being convicted of abusing three boys
But sources claim Mason flipped when he discovered his fellow fiend showed the note to warders at HMP Dumfries.

An insider said: “Torbett tried to get moved out of A wing and into B hall where the older prisoners are held.

"When he moved, that guy wrote him a letter confirming his love for him. Tommy found out he showed it to people and was shouting in Torbett’s face. He lost the head a wee bit.

“It was a domestic. It looked like he had a bit of a relationship with this guy.

Celtic Boys Club perv Jim Torbett has sex abuse conviction appeal ‘refused’
“He apparently said, ‘Why are you leaving me?’ It sounded like he was heartbroken.”

Celtic Boys Club founder Torbett, of Kelvindale, Glasgow, was jailed for six years in November after being convicted of abusing three boys between 1986 and 1994.

Two victims were in his under-14s teams while the third was targeted from age five.

He was previously jailed for two years in 1998 for abusing three young Boys Club players between 1967 and 1974.

Mason is banged up in the same nick
Mason attacked a girl of five after meeting her mum for the first time just an hour earlier.

He was left with the child and allowed to take her home.

The mum, 45, met him through a pal and didn’t even know where he lived before waving him off with the girl.

Vile Mason, of Ardrossan, attacked the youngster repeatedly over two days.

Cheers for bump.

It's a large thread so have missed a lot of information but we're expecting tomorrow to be significant because the crimes took place while he was in the employ of CFC and not working for the 'separate entity', is that right? Hopefully allowing the victims to pursue compensation from celtic.

Also can someone provide an estimate of how many peadophiles that have been associated with CFC/Separate Entity? I was telling my missus about it all yesterday and she was disgusted that it had been covered up in the first place never mind how long society has happily kept quiet about it.

He will be the 5th directly charged whether you consider him to be directly or indirectly employed by the parent club,.

They may cover compensation in the event that a paedo went undetected, but whilst in their employ?

Wouldn't it be a terrific irony if the fact that BJK sacked torbett then was the thing that caught them out?

They can't deny any knowledge, even their own fans boast of Stein getting rid of the paedo.
regardless if cfc deny or admit knowledge, vicarious liability still makes them responsible so the're f*cked either way, whether they get punished or not will most likely be kept private - injunctions etc.

Latest posts

Back