Victims lawyer urges Celtic to set millions aside

Aye it appears it was the wrong Jim McCafferty the other week,VB.Im sure I seen May mentioned but don't quote me on that.

Yup was defo not him 100% last week or so up at court,I’m not sure when he’s up next for trial.

There was meant to be a piece on the CBC scandal in a paper last weekend,it was pulled at the last minute after the shootings in NZ on Friday,I’m waiting to hear if it will go ahead this weekend now.

One of the things I dont understand is why the general celtic supporters arent up in arms about this. If similar happened at Ibrox, I'd expect us to be putting serious pressure on the board to do the morally right thing. Take responsibility for past failings and puts steps in place to make it right.

What have the fans of city being saying about it? Do they recognise its the right thing to do?
Different breed mate , and I say that in all candour.

Well, they've just raked in £9m from Melty Face's compo to add to the 50 squizzilion they're about to get for Tierney, Forrest or whoever the new Yahoo charity drive is in the mhedia so, you know . . . it's a start!

I genuinely don't know one single mentally challenged who gives a phuck about the victims of the biggest paedophile ring ever to operate at a football club anywhere in the world.
I genuinely haven't met one who seems to care and if you mention it you're point scoring, but sorry, I don't give a phuck what club it is, victims of all beasts at whatever club should be compensated.
I've also, unless I've missed it, never seen or heard any famous fan of that mob pleading with their club to do the right thing.

Sickening and disgusting tbh but certainly not surprising considering their history.

NS.

It’s strange indeed, all those false ‘moralists’ so prevalent in 2012 have gone very silent.

I totally get and understand that beasts can worm their way into pretty much any place where they can gain access to kids and have influence over them.

Can happen at football clubs, schools you name it.

But this goes way beyond a few rotten eggs.

This was a ring that operated for decades.

Dont the mentally challengeds ever stop and realise that the reason this vile crime is so endemic in both their club and their church is because of the attitude they have of denial and blind loyality towards their institutions?

By refusing to ever get your own house in order, constant denial of ever actually being in the wrong and lashing out in rage at anyone who points out their failings they have created the very atmosphere and culture which attracts beasts to it in the first place.

They have additional clauses to cover this, at least in sporting insurance contracts in the US.
I know the catholic church in America had insurance but it only paid out half the amount due in compensation.
There was a Welsh MP in the mid 2000s who campaigned against this being included in liability insurance and I'm pretty sure she got her way.
Wales had an appalling record of abuse and it was believed insurance companies were exerting an unfair influence on trials at the time,although I don't think this was ever proven.
As a result of this companies liability insurance changed and to put it another way Celtic wouldn't have a no claims bonus

And to think Desmond's first choice investment was Man Utd. Expect him to become even more distant in the next few years. It could be like the last few years of the Murray era for them

They have additional clauses to cover this, at least in sporting insurance contracts in the US.
I would imagine that companies that get caught unaware that people were being sexually abused would be covered by insurance.

Companies who operate their own paedophile rings though...

No insurance company insures you for paedophiles and sex abuse.Do you honestly believe that Prudential have a paedo policy for football clubs?

Plenty of Insurance companies offer a product, here is just one:

https://nasinsurance.com/products/abuse-molestation-insurance/

Now, i know absolutely nothing about the ins an outs of this cover (I place E&O and Cyber insurance) so can't say if it would cover the sort of thing that went on at celtic, but it is possible that they would have some sort of cover.

Now, i know absolutely nothing about the ins an outs of this cover (I place E&O and Cyber insurance) so can't say if it would cover the sort of thing that went on at celtic, but it is possible that they would have some sort of cover.
US Company so that may help with their crimes over there.
Liability insurance covers it to a point but it would then come down to who actually is liable.
If the separate entity pish is proved wrong then it would get rather murky I believe.
They sacked and reinstated a paedophile and it was proven in court the board at the time were aware of everything that was happening.
Any insurance company will fight having to pay anything in these circumstances you would imagine on the grounds that Celtic did nothing to prevent it

Read the exclusions. No surprise there then.

Ineligible Classes: Catholic churches or Catholic-affiliated organizations Long term residential care International travel/student exchange students Spas/massage therapy Individual persons

Read the exclusions. No surprise there then.

Ineligible Classes: Catholic churches or Catholic-affiliated organizations Long term residential care International travel/student exchange students Spas/massage therapy Individual persons
Celtic, the club so proudly built on their Catholic tradition and heritage... Brother Wilfred will be spinning etc.

I genuinely don't know one single mentally challenged who gives a phuck about the victims of the biggest paedophile ring ever to operate at a football club anywhere in the world.
I genuinely haven't met one who seems to care and if you mention it you're point scoring, but sorry, I don't give a phuck what club it is, victims of all beasts at whatever club should be compensated.
I've also, unless I've missed it, never seen or heard any famous fan of that mob pleading with their club to do the right thing.

Sickening and disgusting tbh but certainly not surprising considering their history.

NS.
In 2006 Alan Brazil was on front page of the rebel and headline was boot out clubs that protect perverts.

The cover would only protect against incidents the started after the policy, not before

So rehiring a known molester like Torbett would invalidate the policy (if he was involved)

One of the things I dont understand is why the general celtic supporters arent up in arms about this. If similar happened at Ibrox, I'd expect us to be putting serious pressure on the board to do the morally right thing. Take responsibility for past failings and puts steps in place to make it right.

What have the fans of city being saying about it? Do they recognise its the right thing to do?
They’re Catholics mate. Church is riddled as well but they still troop off to the chapel on a Sunday. Hear no evil, speak no evil, see no evil. If it’s discovered, it’s either option a. ‘it’s the devil wot did it’ or b. ‘all sinners can be forgiven’.

"Although Celtic Football Club is an entirely separate organisation, we have always taken these allegations extremely seriously because of our historic contacts with Celtic Boys Club.”

They really are despicable

I often think exactly that too. I guess we're thankfully different from them.

It's probably because their cult brainwashes them as soon as they enter their sectarian schools at the age of 5. The schools are to blame for a lot as all they do is divide people at an early age.

They should be having their licence revoked and made to reapply, this is not unreasonable.

They have backed themselves into a corner by denying their involvement.
Put cash aside and that's admittance,
Apologise and that's admittance.

Doubt they will take the lawyer's advice.

Seperate entity sweep sweep no us point scoring yadda yadda yadda hope they get hammered.
They actually need to be very careful with the separate entity bollox. They will have liability cover that'll offer protection to a certain level for every year the situation run. If they persist on the separate entity stuff, their insurers might just be inclined to agree and say that the insurance therefore doesn't need to respond and that will then leave them flying solo with the courts.

If this happened at Ibrox anywhere near the scale of this I wouldn't be back. Not a chance.

I would still follow the team but I would be demanding those the done the sickening acts and also directors / staff etc that covered up the originals abuse be brought to justice and made to pay for it along with making sure all victims were apologised to and fully compensated and gave whatever help they needed

"Although Celtic Football Club is an entirely separate organisation, we have always taken these allegations extremely seriously because of our historic contacts with Celtic Boys Club.”

They really are despicable
You've got to wonder about this lie.
Is Celtic's official position Torbett left CBC the first time to pursue business interests? They literally have to say this is what they believe to be true for the "we have always taken these allegations extremely seriously" lie to have any chance of being believed.
Celtic are very lucky Scotland's media and politicians are bursting at the seams with beast supporters. They never have to answer a single question on the paedophile ring operating within Celtic for decades.

Someone started a thread on Kerrydale St saying they need to start talking about it and it was pulled , anyway on a good note I've sent a message through twitter with today's headline in The Sun to all of their sponsors that they have on their website
Great idea where does one obtain such a list

And they're trying every dirty trick to guarantee CL qualification

The latest is for past winners to go straight into the group stages
The F88888s have never won the Champions league, and to the best of my knowledge we were the first British to appear in it

Indeed , they will be insured for the money anyway.

In my opinion it would be a very strange insurance policy that would provide cover against any third party who was making a claim on the basis of historical child abuse. Why would any football club have sought cover for something of this nature and I don't think that any reputable insurance broker or company would consider a request for such cover without alarm bells going off all over the place anyway. If (as I hope) they are sued in an American court it will cost them millions.

Paddy McGuire is an able & tenacious litigator. He cannot be intimidated & won't short-change his clients.
Victims deserve justice. Compensation is part of that. An apolgy would be a good (if unlikely) start.

In my opinion it would be a very strange insurance policy that would provide cover against any third party who was making a claim on the basis of historical child abuse. Why would any football club have sought cover for something of this nature and I don't think that any reputable insurance broker or company would consider a request for such cover without alarm bells going off all over the place anyway. If (as I hope) they are sued in an American court it will cost them millions.

Something I thought I would chime in. Even if they were a separate entity it would not absolve them in American court. The litigant would just have to prove that someone acting as a Celtic employee should have known about abuse and did not report it. I know nothing about Scottish laws but in America are laws are pretty tight about duty to report.

The F88888s have never won the Champions league, and to the best of my knowledge we were the first British to appear in it
It's the same competition when it suits their argument

Same if they liquidate their club if the compensation claims get too high. The new club will still be the same celtc (just like Fergus's celtic is the same as the old athletic coy). Different rules for us though, in Timmy's pea brain

This smacks of an out of court settlement with neither side commenting.There will be deals done in backrooms and little or nothing will be said in public.It's the way they operate and the lawyer forcing their hand knows this full well.I fully expect there to be ND clauses coming from all angles and everybody concerned will have no comment crammed into them.
This

Back