Voiding league not an option according UEFA

And when Hamilton lose a pile of OOC players where Hearts can sign more and Accies end up relegated...?

Clubs wont survive past the summer if they cant pull in new season's TV, sponsorship and ST cash.

There's no possible way to complete these leagues in a fair manner.
If you think fairness has ever been part of UEFA's agenda, you haven't been paying attention.

There is no good solution to any of this, and I dread to think what UEFA will eventually settle on.

I find it strange that no one is factoring in the fact that it is odds on that a second wave of this will fuvk up next season as well .
So really the only option is to void this season . Start next season and hope for the best so at least the clubs can get some revenue in .

UEFA have no authority over domestic Leagues, only European competitions. FIFA, the world governing football body, are conspicuous by their absence in this entire crisis.

UEFA have no authority over domestic Leagues, only European competitions. FIFA, the world governing football body, are conspicuous by their absence in this entire crisis.

They do have influence over what happens as they need to decide a cut off date for submitting entrants for the Champions/Europa League. So they essentially decide when leagues need to be completed by.

UEFA just have meetings to decide the date of the next meeting. It would be miraculous if the actually ever came out with a bit of direction.

They do have influence over what happens as they need to decide a cut off date for submitting entrants for the Champions/Europa League. So they essentially decide when leagues need to be completed by.

Domestic Leagues decide who go forward to compete in UEFA based European competition, mate.

If you think fairness has ever been part of UEFA's agenda, you haven't been paying attention.

There is no good solution to any of this, and I dread to think what UEFA will eventually settle on.

That's a different point (though true)

Practicality takes the lead though even accounting for how money will try and skew things.

There's got to be an actual solution in the first place though and dates will drive that primarily.

It is all about the money, nothing more, nothing less. The top 5 leagues in Europe will lose billions in tv and sponsorship revenue if season is not completed in full and are pressing UEFA to make binding decisions that help them out of a sticky spot.

Only last week UEFA strongly suggested leagues must finish by 30 June - this now looks as though kicked into long grass as highly unlikely normality will have returned by then and the knock on effect of losing revenue has Europes elite shitting themselves.

However the idea that UEFA can insist that players contracts can be extended to a new date on a whim will not stand up to any scrutiny by any competent Employment lawyer. The contract between a player and his club is legally binding and can only be changed if both of them agree. No 3rd party, as UEFA is, can invoke change.

It is becoming clearer that null and void is becoming a less likely option as it is not in the interests of the Europe's elite to go down this route. It could be Scotland footballing authorities have the decision on how to complete this season taken out of their hands and will have no choice other than to follow UEFA's diktat.

Reactions: Baz
I find it strange that no one is factoring in the fact that it is odds on that a second wave of this will fuvk up next season as well .
So really the only option is to void this season . Start next season and hope for the best so at least the clubs can get some revenue in .

On that note I reckon we continue this season into what would normally be next season. What's the point in struggling to finish 2 seasons

Hope I'm wrong but I always thought the null + void debate was a non starter.

The big 5 Leagues allegedly have to finish their leagues out due to potential tv rights issues.

Most secondary leagues will follow suit.

For what it's worse Id be shocked if a ball was kicked here before September.

I just can't see how this season can continue, the time we have left just doesn't make sense.

The players will need at least 2-3 weeks of a pre season before kicking a ball if things are restarted. Surely can't be told on the Wednesday, right lads we're back on Saturday after not kicking a ball for 6 months.

Running this season late would mess up the European football qualifiers next season, how do we fit in 4 stages of qualifiers starting in August/September? Then you need to add in the International games for that Nations League/Euros nonsense.

Then because you've ran this season late, next season will start and finish late with a Euros jammed in next summer.

Hope I'm wrong but I always thought the null + void debate was a non starter.

The big 5 Leagues allegedly have to finish their leagues out due to potential tv rights issues.

Most secondary leagues will follow suit.

For what it's worse Id be shocked if a ball was kicked here before September.
I said this at the start !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

its all £££££££££££

I haven't seen any mention of this elsewhere, but the SFA were mentioned on the news for taking measures to reduce costs due to the present crisis.
Around 60 employees are being furloughed and the remainder, including Jakey Clark, are taking a 10% wage reduction.
Apparently Hampden houses 170 SFA employees and 20 SPFL employees!
Just WTF do these people do every day?

You're not listening to what I'm saying. I don't think fairness is a concern for them.

However, they're limited with how twisted they can be about it all with practicality being the over riding factor first and foremost. They can't magic up the solution they'd like given the restrictions that will face them.

They will change their tune when it becomes clear that this will still go on for at least a few months.

The article claims they will finish the current season, regardless of how long it takes and also says they are confident of next season being played as normal.

Just how far up their own arses do these guys have their heads buried?
The article is utter pie in the sky claiming this season will be completed along with a full campaign next term.
It is unlikely we will see any football for several months at least now and even if some restrictions are lifted later in the year, we might be able to play games behind closed doors, but I think even that is being optimistic.

I have already resigned myself to the fact they will be getting awarded the title, we are hated by everyone in Scotland.

Nobody can ever be seen to side with us.
yip ,thats been my take on this for a while now,no way whatsoever are they not getting the title given to them,the only way they will be stopped from this ,is eufa coming to their senses and making compulsory that leagues are null and void

yip ,thats been my take on this for a while now,no way whatsoever are they not getting the title given to them,the only way they will be stopped from this ,is eufa coming to their senses and making compulsory that leagues are null and void

What do you think is going to happen down South ?

The club’s must be left in no doubt that we’ll pursue damages if possible.

I have already resigned myself to the fact they will be getting awarded the title, we are hated by everyone in Scotland.

Nobody can ever be seen to side with us.
Absolutely everything is geared up to shaft Rangers its that simple. A population banding together against a perceived "enemy" bizarrely though there are really no legitimate reasons to hate Rangers, not in this modern PC day. Them on the other hand have pleeeeenty of reasons to be genuinely despised. The SNP have alot to answer for.

Clubs that will depend on next season's season ticket money need to start selling those soon to bring that revenue in from June and beyond.
You are not selling next season's season tickets whilst the current season lingers on at best until late Aug/ early Sep.

Suppose clubs could do what golf clubs are doing. Take the money regardless of chances of playing.
My golf club have stopped all direct debits. They will start taking it again once golf starts up.

Money, money,money is all they are concerned with. Good luck in getting players and staff to turn up, never mind travel.

all companies are having conferences as when they can get back to work and what they’ll do, I was involved in one yesterday.
Good for you if they have branches all over Europe.
Great to see companies having conferences when no one knows where we are.

Good for you if they have branches all over Europe.
Great to see companies having conferences when no one knows where we are.

Yes we do have branches all over Europe and it’s to gauge where everyone is and, in the main, plan for when we’re cleared to go back to work, various timelines and scenarios are involved, all business will be doing the similar so that there’re ready to go once the ok is given, you don’t think the club are doing the same?

For safety sake, they should just restart leagues and competitions about January. They can let football clubs start to assemble about November to allow for fitness (if safe to do so by then.

Then they only have to play all leagues and competitions to a conclusion, and hopefully restart as usual in July/August 2021
Makes sense!
But what about cash flow in the meantime?

I think the season will be played to a finish,8 or 9 games could be played in 3 weeks,say from 1st august for guessing sake,new season then starts mid to late August,complicated but could be worked out,only my opinion so probably wrong!

Bloody different story every day,, wish someone would just come out and say this is what will happen if such and such can't happen before a specific date.

UEFA are dithering and I’m fully expecting them to advise that all leagues are stopped and the current placing taken as final... with the decision on whether the teams in first position are declared as Champions given to the individual league bodies/associations.

The likes of Juventus have said that they will not claim Serie A... Celtic on the other hand would happily kick their granny on the way to collect their gong.

Talk of CL/EL finals being under closed doors is confusing... don't we have about 3 full rounds to go before it gets to that stage?

Null and void isn’t happening, it’s obvious, supposing there is a 6 month wait, regardless of circumstance, squads etc, they will play this season out.
There will be no clubs to play it, the manky mhob are already selling g season tickets for next year. It’s utter fanciful bullshit.

Damages from who ? The whole set up exists to shaft us and there is not a court in this country who will rule in our favour.

I'm not sure of that, mate. Rangers, just like any other club, are legally obliged to complete a League programme, the end date being May 17th. We are not legally obligated to play beyond that date. If anything, the law is on our side, which could be why the SPFL are taking so long to find legal loopholes to avoid a null and void season.

Back