Well done Northern Ireland

Status
Not open for further replies.
So much for the pre match predictions that Scootland were well ahead in quality and a win was expected. GSTK.

The first half was dire, Scotland with 77% possession and zero shots on target, NI with the only one. OK there was a bit more about the second half. NI deserved the win.

So much for the pre match predictions that Scootland were well ahead in quality and a win was expected. GSTK.
To be fair, Scotland are way ahead in quality but have been considerably off their usual standard in this break.

15 wins from our last 21 competitive games, that’s not bad at all.

From people who go on about No Surrender, the way some have surrendered their national team and go on about Jacobites is absolutely embarrassing. Cue all the cringey posts about how "Scotland drifted from us".

If you want to share a terrace with the Nat Zoomers that make up most of the Scotland support that’s up to you mate.

Personally I’ve no interest in doing so and take very little interest in international football.

Each to their own though.

Excellent victory, thats what happens when you dont respect a nations anthem. A disgrace on and off the pitch by the looks of it. No wonder the Scottish National team have been ditched by the Rangers support. Embarrassing behaviour in the stands tonight total lack of respect for Ni.

Total lack of class I believe from what I’ve heard from the “Tartan Army” - inclusive, multicultural Scotland doesn’t include Royalists or those who identify as Brits.

From people who go on about No Surrender, the way some have surrendered their national team and go on about Jacobites is absolutely embarrassing. Cue all the cringey posts about how "Scotland drifted from us".
But your average Scotland fan is a jacobite.

If jacobite means gimp.

And yet it's Scotland going to the Euro's.
Celebrating a friendly win against a team going to the Euros when you aren’t is the sort of thing we rip other fans for. If this was twitter, that gif with the team lifting the invisible trophy would be posted constantly.

Northern Ireland played well and deserve praise but its a tad over the top. Like bigging up hertha berlin in the second tier of german football because they beat us in a meaningless friendly.

Total lack of class o believe from what I’ve heard from the “Tartan Army” - inclusive, multicultural Scotland doesn’t include Royalists or those who identify as Brits.
I guess it’s just the banter, the craic.

Yes, I do know what “the craic” and who it normally applies to.
Two cheeks of the same arse.

Celebrating a friendly win against a team going to the Euros when you aren’t is the sort of thing we rip other fans for. If this was twitter, that gif with the team lifting the invisible trophy would be posted constantly.

Northern Ireland played well and deserve praise but its a tad over the top. Like bigging up hertha berlin in the second tier of german football because they beat us in a meaningless friendly.
Cry harder.
There were fans on here after the Holland game trying to polish a turd after a 4-0 defeat. The NI players and fans deserve their night.
You can be 100% sure that had Scotland won tonight this place would have been full of back slapping and over confidence for the Euros.
Sometimes I think you try too hard mate.

Cry harder.
There were fans on here after the Holland game trying to polish a turd after a 4-0 defeat. The NI players and fans deserve their night.
You can be 100% sure that had Scotland won tonight this place would have been full of back slapping and over confidence for the Euros.
It was a friendly. In the main, nobody gives a toss.

Absolutely. And I’m certainly very fond of Northern Ireland too.

I’m just not sure this will be going down in their annals of history
No, it won’t. Not like the tournaments or even beating England.

But we weren’t expecting much at all, and a young team stood up to a big test against a near neighbour. That’s worth a bit of a little gloat for the evening at very least.

Good for them. I don't want to be in the company of people that hate me.
I assume, if you live in the west of Scotland, that you deny yourself the pleasure of going out for dinner, drinks, shopping to the gym etc as it’s unlikely in many of those locations you wont find Scotland or Celtic fans. Just need to rise above it and not let it bother you for the greater good

You let them decide whether you support Scotland or not?

Maybe time to put your big boys pants on and tell them where to go. It's your country as well.

The way Scotland is divided these days, I’ve no interest in watching the national team with a support full of Nats.

Scotland is indeed my country in literal terms, but I view it as my home region of the U.K. not somewhere I obsess about.

I feel no great loss no longer following the Scotland national team.

Enjoyed the Welsh game as a neutral tonight, but outside of Rangers do not really care for a team.

Cry harder.
Deserve their night, it’s a meaningless friendly not a David vs Goliath cup tie ffs.

Cry harder.
Cry harder? Mate, its a friendly. And one i gave my ticket up for because of uni work. Im booked up for Germany and have tickets for the opener. Do you genuinely think im bothered about a friendly result? Im no more bothered than i was by the hertha or Newcastle friendly. If it was a competitive match id be raging as we were shite but it wasnt.

NI have been through the mill in recent years but we've now had 3 decent results in a row. We are very proud of our team over here so let us enjoy the result.

I assume, if you live in the west of Scotland, that you deny yourself the pleasure of going out for dinner, drinks, shopping to the gym etc as it’s unlikely in many of those locations you wont find Scotland or Celtic fans. Just need to rise above it and not let it bother you for the greater good
What a stupid analogy! Why would I mix with people that vocally despise me at a game.

No, it won’t. Not like the tournaments or even beating England.

But we weren’t expecting much at all, and a young team stood up to a big test against a near neighbour. That’s worth a bit of a little gloat for the evening at very least.

I don’t mind a bit of gloat, the NI fans certainly won those stakes tonight and I’m sure they’ll enjoy their evening in Glasgow.

I’d draw a line between the guys at the game gloating though, and threads on here “congratulating” them for a friendly win

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back