Well done Northern Ireland

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow seriously that’s up to your self, as for the Flower of Scotland being your or should I say our National Anthem no one asked the Country was it all right to go with it ,what an embarrassing dirge it is .I can honestly say of all the Rangers supporters I have ever met i have never heard one say they booed our National Anthem in any capacity .
Most that go to Scotland games probably see flower of Scotland as their national anthem tbf. I actually think its a bit dire, but then so I basically every one bar the french and a couple others. I have absolutely no issue with scotish people having gstk as their national anthem but, given that my only interest in anthems is sport, its flower of Scotland thats mine. Same for the 4 other bears that are ST holders i am in the SSC with.

I cant get myself worked up about it all to be honest mate. Whatever people’s opinions are is what they are.

I boo it in a Scotland vs England game because its a rivalry. I dont have particular feelings about the song either way outwith the game. Its why flower of Scotland is my national anthem since i only really apply the concept to international sporting events.
Admit it you just come on here to disagree with everything and everyone. You don't even consider whats been said.

Admit it you just come on here to disagree with everything and everyone. You don't even consider whats been said.
I have actually agreed with the title of the thread before any of this tiresome stuff. I think NI deserve great credit for their performance last night.

The only thing I really disagree with is the posters who say real rangers fans cant go to Scotland games or that i am not actually a bear. Was happy to offer proof to the guy saying it but it was met with a flurry of laughing reactions to future posts and nothing else. Because i may disagree with you on this doesn’t mean i disagree with other or with you on other things. Its the nature of a discussion forum that people have a different opinion on things.

And your point is?. This is a thread congratulating Northern Ireland on a victory not stating who will or won’t be at the euros.
Kinda obvious what the point was. NI win a friendly and all of a sudden they're a better team than Scotland? That's not how football works.

And for the record, as long as they're not playing Scotland, I wish Northern Ireland well. Had a soft spot for them since the Billy Bingham days. You'll probably need to Google him. :))

Kinda obvious what the point was. NI win a friendly and all of a sudden they're a better team than Scotland? That's not how football works.

And for the record, as long as they're not playing Scotland, I wish Northern Ireland well. Had a soft spot for them since the Billy Bingham days. You'll probably need to Google him. :))
You’re just making thing up now ffs. Where in this thread has anyone said they are a better side than Scotland???. Troll!.

So there's no point in reaching major tournaments because you'll get pumped?
The CL is a farce, a tournament designed to suit only a very small clique. I have no real interest in Rangers being part of it if not only for the money involved (which in terms of Scottish football is a fortune). I don’t know why this is in any way a controversial point of view.

As for the Scotland national team, I don’t support them and given my level of dislike towards the tartan army I wish them the worst. I’m not suggesting that’s the default position of any given Rangers fan, merely my own.

The CL is a farce, a tournament designed to suit only a very small clique. I have no real interest in Rangers being part of it if not only for the money involved (which in terms of Scottish football is a fortune). I don’t know why this is in any way a controversial point of view.

As for the Scotland national team, I don’t support them and given my level of dislike towards the tartan army I wish them the worst. I’m not suggesting that’s the default position of any given Rangers fan, merely my own.
Aye, you're not alone with that view regarding Scotland. It's a very weak stance to take, letting them decide whether you support your country or not. But each to their own.

Are you for real?? It certainly didn’t read Northern Ireland are a better side than Scotland. Do yourself a favour and quit while you’re behind. That goes for you and your wee Taverneeeeer pal.
Oooooffffttt. The big man has spoken. I'm out.

Are you for real?? It certainly didn’t read Northern Ireland are a better side than Scotland. Do yourself a favour and quit while you’re behind. That goes for you and your wee Taverneeeeer pal.
Strange to bring me into it tbh since ive been nothing but complimentary of NI. Noddy and I disagree on basically everything on this thread apart from Scotland playing football. Because you disagree with us on that doesn’t put you in the right and us in the wrong. Its a matter of opinion on a football opinion and discussion forum, not an echo chamber.

Anyway, as ive said, everyone has their own opinion and thats absolutely fine. I never get into insults with posters and wont start now so im happy to bow out for the evening with my final words being that NI deserve huge credit and Scotland losing a friendly hardly has me worried at the moment. Im just delighted to be heading to Germany.

Anyway, have a good night and easter weekend when it comes.

Aye, you're not alone with that view regarding Scotland. It's a very weak stance to take, letting them decide whether you support your country or not. But each to their own.
A weak stance is it? I’m so very happy for you to determine what is and isn’t any given weak stance for me.

I remember supporting Scotland in 96 and again in 98. I soon grew out of it when I began to understand how the majority of the fan base felt about me and my team. I then had to deal with the ‘Tartan Army’ in a number of different scenarios over the years, enough to make me realise that these people are not me and I not them. That putting it politely.

And so, for my final word on the topic in this thread, my support (unless they’re playing Ireland) would sit with those playing against Scotland.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back