Well done Northern Ireland

Status
Not open for further replies.
Armstrong, Adams, Dykes, Porteous, Henry...is this a hill you are wanting to die on?
Remember our own Ross McCausland would have been playing if not injured, is he very bad as well?
Not sure why you’re saying that as if I give a %^*& about Scotland. I’m no Scotland fan.

McCausland doesn’t exactly turn them into a good team, he wouldn’t get in Scotland’s team btw

Both teams are rotten. Northern Ireland are considerably worse right now.

Armstrong, Adams, Dykes, Porteous, Henry...is this a hill you are wanting to die on?
Remember our own Ross McCausland would have been playing if not injured, is he very bad as well?

All them are experienced footballers with some having played in the premier league. In terms of attackers Ross McCausland plays at our highest level, McMenamin at st mirren probaly second and the rest are either bit part players in league one or youngsters.

Not sure why you’re saying that as if I give a %^*& about Scotland.

Both teams are rotten.
You were saying about them only have championship players I was pointing out the depth of the Scotland squad
Agree that both are rotten but would argue, going along with the point you make that Scotland are actually worse.

All them are experienced footballers with some having played in the premier league. In terms of attackers Ross McCausland plays at our highest level, McMenamin at st mirren probaly second and the rest are either bit part players in league one or youngsters.
That being so it makes Scotland’s performance even worse.

You were saying about them only have championship players I was pointing out the depth of the Scotland squad
Agree that both are rotten but would argue, going along with the point you make that Scotland are actually worse.
You’ve mentioned scotlands worse players. They’ve far better players than Northern Ireland. Hence why I said it was a very bad result for them

Seven games in a row without a win. Must be a record. Scotland's so called best ever manager has the worst record. Baffling. Cheers up Stevie Clarke.

From people who go on about No Surrender, the way some have surrendered their national team and go on about Jacobites is absolutely embarrassing. Cue all the cringey posts about how "Scotland drifted from us".
You know what’s even more cringe - actively supporting a national team whose fans detest you, boo your players and boo your national anthem. It honestly makes my toes curl thinking of Rangers fans being there last night and joining in with that pish.

Although I'm not overly bothered apart from wanting Scotland to win you make the point that seems beyond many. A helluva lot of our supporters have simply rolled over on this. It's our team and we've meekly handed it over to the sheep shaggers. Many of our all time greats have proudly worn the Scotland jersey.
No surrender right enough.
It’s almost like things changed after 2012?

You know what’s even more cringe - actively supporting a national team whose fans detest you, boo your players and boo your national anthem. It honestly makes my toes curl thinking of Rangers fans being there last night and joining in with that pish.
I don't like their club, either. Do you want all the Scotland fans to hold hands and skip down to Hampden together?

Excellent victory, thats what happens when you dont respect a nations anthem. A disgrace on and off the pitch by the looks of it. No wonder the Scottish National team have been ditched by the Rangers support. Embarrassing behaviour in the stands tonight total lack of respect for Ni.
It is and when we get (Ahem) Rangers fans standing shoulder to shoulder with these ignorant people who wish our club dead, then you get what you deserve.

That’s nonsense mate. You dont beat spain at home, compete with them away and beat norway away if you are bang average. Qualified for the euros and won 15/21 competitive games. Thats not bang average.

Friendlies il give you. We probably even aren’t as good as bang average in them.
Spain played a reserve side against that sfa team and Norway are no great licks ,that sfa team will get drubbed in the euros in my opinion they have no players of note

I am always surprised that the Tartan Army receive so much positive press. I was in the Northern Ireland end last night and the home ‘support’ was mostly silent. I have followed NI for years and very rarely have I witnessed such a poor home ‘support’?
I watched it on TV and you are right, from what I heard all the noise and noise up was coming from the Northern Ireland supporters.

I am always surprised that the Tartan Army receive so much positive press. I was in the Northern Ireland end last night and the home ‘support’ was mostly silent. I have followed NI for years and very rarely have I witnessed such a poor home ‘support’?

I don't know many Rangers fans, or peasants for that matter, who attend Scotland games, tbh. Its more a big day out at Hampden for fans of the diddy clubs.

Spain played a reserve side against that sfa team and Norway are no great licks ,that sfa team will get drubbed in the euros in my opinion they have no players of note
I would disagree with that. Mcginn ia the captain of a top 6 epl team, Robertson is vice captain of the top placed side, mctominey is a key player for man utd, tierney is left back for a good la liga team.

Last week: certain quarters of FF were apoplectic with rage about the flag of another country being changed on their football top.

This week: certain quarter of FF are apoplectic with rage about the national anthem of another country* being booed by fans of our own country

Additionally people are being told they're not Rangers fans because they support Scotland too.

Get a grip.

*GSTK is not the anthem of Scotland in the context of sport, and hasn't been for over 70 years. This isn't some new nat pish.
Also worth noting my football support starts and ends with Rangers. I don't care about national teams. I also don't care about national anthems. If some people want to boo them, so be it.

I boo it in a Scotland vs England game because its a rivalry. I dont have particular feelings about the song either way outwith the game. Its why flower of Scotland is my national anthem since i only really apply the concept to international sporting events.
Wow seriously that’s up to your self, as for the Flower of Scotland being your or should I say our National Anthem no one asked the Country was it all right to go with it ,what an embarrassing dirge it is .I can honestly say of all the Rangers supporters I have ever met i have never heard one say they booed our National Anthem in any capacity .

Northern Ireland are a well organised and well motivated unit. Scotland are a team running on nothing more that faux nationalism & chips. I for one was delighted to see the result.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back