Well done Northern Ireland

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yip. They plastic paddies that support RoI against Scotland are a joke.

Scotland played the roi at Hampden back in Feb 1987, in the Euro qualifiers.

The filth's directors were in the sellik end that night alongside the Irish supporters.

From memory, I think Mark Lawrenson scored the only goal of the game.

You are unlikely to be at hampden I would imagine. And, while I would vote no in a heartbeat tomorrow were there an indy ref and want Labour to oust the SNP, I have always only considered flower of scotland as my national anthem. Mainly because thats what has always been played at sporting events.
You can consider it all you want it’s not it’s as simple as that.

Would the people on this forum boo the ROI anthem?

I wouldn't be at a football game involving them anyway, so it's a bit of a daft question for me.

My missus loves the six nations rugby stuff, Scotland obviously. If I'm in the living room and the irish are lining up I change the channel till it's all finished.

I don't know if that answers you're question.

I don't know what that has to do with people booing their own national anthem though?

I wouldn't be at a football game involving them anyway, so it's a bit of a daft question for me.

My missus loves the six nations rugby stuff, Scotland obviously. If I'm in the living room and the irish are lining up I change the channel till it's all finished.

I don't know if that answers you're question.

I don't know what that has to do with people booing their own national anthem though?
The Soldiers Song is not used at away or World Cup games

Very bad. Look at their team, they’ve an outstanding youth product in Bradley but apart from that. It’s made up of English championship and lower. Ffs Josh McGinnis came off the bench
Well tbh Scotland have Porteous and ralston and this manager had a hard-on for O’Donnell and other such Kilmarnock grade players . In short , all comparable imo .

0_JS328790272.jpg

Still friends, anyway!!!

Not surprised. How can Scottish people support another country against Scotland?

Again it's the double standards.

We're all supposed to be English supporters, when this forum will provide proof again in the summer, nothing could be further from the truth.
Could they win the tourney? I don't know and care even less.

If they are eliminated, it supports my views that the so called self boasting greatest league in the world is held up by Sky money and Johnny Foreigner.

It's not a competition, I'll be paying much attention to, to be honest.

We're all supposed to be English supporters, when this forum will provide proof again in the summer, nothing could be further from the truth.

If they are eliminated, it supports my views that the so called self boasting greatest league in the world is held up by Sky money and Johnny Foreigner.

It's over 20 years since I was last at a Scotland game. But I still like to see them winning, and I'll be f*cked if a few tossers in a kilt are going to change that.

Very bad. Look at their team, they’ve an outstanding youth product in Bradley but apart from that. It’s made up of English championship and lower. Ffs Josh McGinnis came off the bench
Armstrong, Adams, Dykes, Porteous, Henry...is this a hill you are wanting to die on?
Remember our own Ross McCausland would have been playing if not injured, is he very bad as well?

International qualifiers and friendlies bore me to tears too, but surely you like the major tournaments?

Its very sad that many Scots don't support the national side, even wanting them to lose in some cases, but the SFA are to blame for allowing Scotland games to be almost like SNP rallies. The national side should be for everyone, and not a very narrow brand of Scottish nationalism.

It's over 20 years since I was last at a Scotland game. But I still like to see them winning, and I'll be f*cked if a few tossers in a kilt are going to change that.

I think my last game was 1985, when Mark Hughes scored a screamer for Wales at Hampden.

I don't particularly want them to lose, but if they do, my lethargy is on a par with Arbroath's latest result.

However, that is different to how I view the SFA and Rangers hating filth who seem to be in the majority now, or most vociferous in supporting the national team.

Armstrong, Adams, Dykes, Porteous, Henry...is this a hill you are wanting to die on?
Remember our own Ross McCausland would have been playing if not injured, is he very bad as well?
Jack Hendry is so passive it’s ridiculous a man out of his time in football but again SC loves him I guess that’s what links them. Both of another time .

Always been a Scotland fan and always will be hard as its been to get behind the team the last 10 years.At least there are more Rangers leaning players in and around the squad now.
However there are too many arseho.es in the support and in the end I was glad Northern Ireland got the result.
I would like to get back to the days when we had a good representation in the team and the fan base is predominantly Rangers.
Ime not going to let any tartan trannies or plastic mhanks chase me away.Scottish and British.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back