Well done Northern Ireland

Status
Not open for further replies.
A tune? It’s our national anthem ffs. Wouldn’t say sensitive soul tbh, would be nothing sensitive about what happened next if I heard someone booing GSTK that was standing next to me.
You are unlikely to be at hampden I would imagine. And, while I would vote no in a heartbeat tomorrow were there an indy ref and want Labour to oust the SNP, I have always only considered flower of scotland as my national anthem. Mainly because thats what has always been played at sporting events.

You are unlikely to be at hampden I would imagine. And, while I would vote no in a heartbeat tomorrow were there an indy ref and want Labour to oust the SNP, I have always only considered flower of scotland as my national anthem. Mainly because thats what has always been played at sporting events.
No it hasn't. Was Scotland The Brave.

No it hasn't. Was Scotland The Brave.
apologies, I should have clarified, always in my time of going. You are spot on though, Scotland the brave was before it. and, had that remained, I would have felt that was my national anthem. Its really not a big deal and happy for anyone to feel differently.

I don’t mind a bit of gloat, the NI fans certainly won those stakes tonight and I’m sure they’ll enjoy their evening in Glasgow.

I’d draw a line between the guys at the game gloating though, and threads on here “congratulating” them for a friendly win
Have you even considered that the OP could be from NI and that there are a literal ton of Northern Irish posters on here? Probably more Northern Irish posters on here than there are Glasgow based ones.

I boo it as part of the atmosphere in a rival international game. I sing it as part of the atmosphere at Rangers game. I have no particular feelings on the song one way or another and sometimes its fine for a song to just be sang or not as part of supporters in a stadium. You are welcome to resort to insults etc if it makes you feel better though.
Only an insult if I’m telling lies and with your responses I’m pretty sure I’m not
Boo as part of an atmosphere depending where you are fucking hell

Have you even considered that the OP could be from NI and that there are a literal ton of Northern Irish posters on here? Probably more Northern Irish posters on here than there are Rangers fans based in Glasgow.
I agree that there is nothing wrong with NI posters starting the thread. But, I think it says there are about 22k total members of the site on the homepage (I could be picking that figure up wrong), there will be a small proportion of them from NI and certainly less than the number of Rangers fans from Glasgow considering Ibrox has 50k and a fair chunk are glaswegian.

I could be wrong with the figures though mate.

I agree that there is nothing wrong with NI posters starting the thread. But, I think it says there are about 22k total members of the site on the homepage (I could be picking that figure up wrong), there will be a small proportion of them from NI and certainly less than the number of Rangers fans from Glasgow considering Ibrox has 50k and a fair chunk are glaswegian.

I could be wrong with the figures though mate.
Was just meaning posters on here. Obviously there are more Rangers fans in Glasgow! Reworded my post as it's obviously easy to take in a way I didn't intend :D

Excellent victory, thats what happens when you dont respect a nations anthem. A disgrace on and off the pitch by the looks of it. No wonder the Scottish National team have been ditched by the Rangers support. Embarrassing behaviour in the stands tonight total lack of respect for Ni.
It's their own real anthem the sporran legion jockstraps jeered. Don't they know they are British.

Only an insult if I’m telling lies and with your responses I’m pretty sure I’m not
Boo as part of an atmosphere depending where you are fucking hell
I am pretty sure you are. anyway, people do it at every ground in terms of joining into things that they dont actually mean or take seriously as part of an atmosphere. Its common practice. Daft or not.

Flower of Scotland is a folk song. It should be removed as a “national anthem” as soon as something more suitable is identified.

Flower of Scotland is a folk song. It should be removed as a “national anthem” as soon as something more suitable is identified.
FC Koln play Highland Cathedral before games and it sounds amazing. I wouldnt be against something like that instead.

If you need to have it proven mate then there are probably members of admin that can confirm it, couple of guys from H&H who I sit near or know, 2 first team players and the head of football operations. Any of them suffice as proof? If you DM me i can put you in touch and put your mind at ease.
So you saying 2 first team players and head of football operations know you’re a bear ? Out of curiosity do you tell them about your booing in certain surroundings ?

I couldn't care less about national anthems. I'd never boo them out of respect, but they're not my thing.

Personally speaking, I don't want the National Anthem sang at Rangers games. What's the saying? There's a time and a place for things. I also think it devalues the song. My opinion, nothing more.

However, I think the debate here is about the bampottery of a poster who has stated he has booed the National Anthem, whilst at Scotland games but sings it at Ibrox.

My personal opinion, is that I wish he'd just keep to supporting Scotland.

I took your edit meaning first time. There will be far more people from Glasgow or living in Glasgow here than Northern Irish posters.
Maybe so, nobody knows but my point is that I've seen quite a few people on social media also jumping down the throats of NI fans @ the game with Lanark/Larkhall flags and calling them orange bastards/traitors and such like amongst other insults that are to do with Rangers in particular, not even allowing themselves to consider the fact that they could be an Ulsterman living in that area.

There's an absolutely massive Rangers following from Northern Ireland, it shouldn't be surprising to any Scottish Rangers fan to see a thread like this.

I am pretty sure you are. anyway, people do it at every ground in terms of joining into things that they dont actually mean or take seriously as part of an atmosphere. Its common practice. Daft or not.
Iv never heard anyone do that and not even stupid enough to admit it

So you saying 2 first team players and head of football operations know you’re a bear ? Out of curiosity do you tell them about your booing in certain surroundings ?
Yes, that is what I am saying. All 3 are scotland fans and at least 2 of the 3 (the 2 I know better) know I go to the games etc. I doubt they would care tbh.

Maybe so, nobody knows but my point is that I've seen quite a few people on social media also jumping down the throats of NI fans @ the game with Lanark/Larkhall flags and calling them orange bastards/traitors and such like, not even allowing themselves to consider the fact that they could be an Ulsterman living in that area.

There's an absolutely massive Rangers following from Northern Ireland, it shouldn't be surprising to any Scottish Rangers fan to see a thread like this.
Like my mate who was in a Loyalist house in Moygashel Co Tyrone everyone were loyalists. The game they were watching was Rangers v Man U out of the 14 people he was the only one supporting Rangers.

a woman from glasgow on talkradio just now absolutely calling out the tartan trannies for disrespecting the national anthem and saying that not one commentator would mention it

tartan tranny scum who have absolutely nothing in common with me
Indeed. I always want Scotland to win but we do have a high proportion of utter wanks in the support. Like this spangle:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back