Well done Northern Ireland

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bear Pit
Hate everything about Scotland and Scottish football. Countless threads on corruption, VAR and folk genuinely thinking they are fighting a propaganda war against Peter Lawwell.

The Lounge
Numerous negative threads and posts on migrants, refugees, Muslims, Catholics, Beirut, sorry I mean Glasgow, and other things Scottish and in Scotland.

It's not going to change but can be tedious.
Tell us you want independence without actually telling us you do
While your at it how long you voted SNP

Folk actually not supporting their national side, or actively wanting them to lose and revel in their "pain" all because of a few morons in the Scottish support shouting and singing some hurty words. Talk about pathetic.

The same folk will also no doubt be singing along to "No one likes us. We don't care" at the next home match. Hypocrisy off the scale.

Of course I'd love to see more Rangers players playing for Scotland, but at the end of the day whoever is in a Scotland jersey whenever they're playing will always get 100% support from me.

Folk actually not supporting their national side, or actively wanting them to lose and revel in their "pain" all because of a few morons in the Scottish support shouting and singing some hurty words. Talk about pathetic.
You think it stems from the fannies in the support? They just make it easy.

I couldnt make it last night as I had uni work so, no. Did I boo it when we played England? Yes, home and away. I also booed the ROI anthem and several others. I dont boo GSTK/Q at Ibrox and would join in when my seat was in BF before I moved to MF.
It’s genuinely staggering you boo God Save The King depending on what venue you’re sat in.

You stand and sing it at Ibrox but boo it elsewhere? Can you understand just how insane you are coming across here?

The same folk will also no doubt be singing along to "No one likes us. We don't care" at the next home match. Hypocrisy off the scale.

Of course I'd love to see more Rangers players playing for Scotland, but at the end of the day whoever is in a Scotland jersey whenever they're playing will always get 100% support from me.
Why does it bother you so much who people support?

You’re very much clutching here when both those players rarely play for the national team now either.

Bottom line for me is the fanbase largely boo GSTK and is full of morons. Scotlands national team as a whole come across very anti Rangers regardless of whatever wishful believing spin you try to put on it. Stand and sit amongst other Scottish fans who boo the songs you I assume sing weekly at Ibrox.

Have your opinion as will I and it’s not a staunch thing at all it’s just a matter of sitting amongst people who boo what our club team sing.
Rangers have provided the most players for the national team. So God knows where you get the clutching from.

You're a try hard I'll give you that.

Let me guess you don't believe the men in skirts boo Rangers players?

Don't really care about international football so I don't really care for the debate but in my experience, as much as I think they are complete fannies, the "men in skirts" are generally the ones who wont boo Rangers players. I remember the time Jack was booed by some (mostly sheep fans tbf) and the actual TA were pretty much unanimously condemning it on their forums.

Again, I think the TA are about as embarrassing a group of football supporters as you can get and I don't care much about how Scotland fare (I'll go to the odd game because I'm local but if they lose I lose 0 sleep over it) but the idea that Rangers players are just unanimously booed by the Scotland support is a complete myth. Of the 10 or so Scotland games I've attended over the last decade I've heard one mwi bam trying to boo Jack, that was it.

Maybe a slightly different viewpoint here. I said on another thread that I was born in Northern Ireland but have now lived half my life (OAP now) in Scotland. So both teams are in my heart since I was taken to see NI 3 v 2 Scotland in 1965 at Windsor Park and in 1967 as a boy. I didn't get to last night's game as I am a Carer for my son.

My ideal scenario last night would have been a draw. However I am pleased for NI as they are a young team and badly needed that result after years of been in the doldrums.

I will be supporting Scotland in the Euro 2024 as I have for every Euros or WC since 1974. I must admit that I am Rangers man first and foremost but my support has been sorely tested for Scotland because of Rangers treatment since being put down the leagues and the animosity of many of the Tartan Army. However the anti Rangers element of the Tartan Army and their acolytes won't not stop me supporting Scotland. I think their aim is to ostracise the Rangers support.

Why does it bother you so much who people support?

Really doesn't bother me in the slightest so not sure where that question comes from.

I just find it pathetic, laughable even, that people would actively cheer their National team's opponents - for dubious reasons at best - and then go ahead and sing about not caring what people think of them at the next Rangers match.

Rangers have provided the most players for the national team. So God knows where you get the clutching from.
You’re clutching at any argument to defend booing. It’s tragic. Support all you want I genuinely dont care just find it odd you support the decisions to boo as you’ve proved above.

Don't really care about international football so I don't really care for the debate but in my experience, as much as I think they are complete fannies, the "men in skirts" are generally the ones who wont boo Rangers players. I remember the time Jack was booed by some (mostly sheep fans tbf) and the actual TA were pretty much unanimously condemning it on their forums.

Again, I think the TA are about as embarrassing a group of football supporters as you can get and I don't care much about how Scotland fare (I'll go to the odd game because I'm local but if they lose I lose 0 sleep over it) but the idea that Rangers players are just unanimously booed by the Scotland support is a complete myth. Of the 10 or so Scotland games I've attended over the last decade I've heard one mwi bam trying to boo Jack, that was it.
You don't care for international football but you go to the odd game?

Some serious selective hearing at these games especially when its been condemned by Michael Stewart of all people.

What thread
We are a nation divided. Scotland is split on various lines. So is England, N Ireland and the Republic.
Easy to control whilst your rights and your kids futures are taken away bit by bit by bit. We have so much in common across the UK but not for much longer as we are so divided. Demographics are as real as gravity.

You don't care for international football but you go to the odd game?

Some serious selective hearing at these games especially when its been condemned by Michael Stewart of all people.

Yes, maybe one every couple of years if a mate has a spare ticket, the same way as I'll take in a Pollok Juniors game if we're not playing. I want them to win but really don't care if they lose, It's not that uncommon trust me.

You’re clutching at any argument to defend booing. It’s tragic. Support all you want I genuinely dont care just find it odd you support the decisions to boo as you’ve proved above.
If you can show me where I support the booing, I'll hold my hands up and admit you are right.

Aye, because everybody that goes to Ibrox starts their day with a rendition of GSTK.
This is your response to a poster negatively reacting to another poster who openly has just said they boo GSTK.

Whose side does it look you’re on?

But as he is weirdly your go to person on this thread to get along with and like each others posts constantly you’re sticking up for his booing antics. Childish and for that reason I’m out.

Personally I think it's a disgrace people on here don't support their country. TAKE IT BACK!

It's not coming back.

Each to their own, but I simply cannot understand how any Rangers fan can support the SFA/Scotland after what was done to us in 2012.

As for sitting beside Rangers hating slime in the stands? I don't think so. And don't get me started on the selectively deaf little slug of a manager.

Maybe things will change down the generations?

However, not one of my pals/friends, people who I trust would go and support that shower. I'd think they would pass that down to their descendents.

Which doesn't mean they want Scotland to get beat.

People like me will inwardly support Scotland at Rugby, netball, tiddleywinks etc. But have totally turned their backs on Scotland at football.

There are multiple reasons for this.

So you boo it when your surrounded by Scotland fans but don’t boo it at Ibrox but joined in singing it your nothing but an utter fucking embarrassment
I boo it as part of the atmosphere in a rival international game. I sing it as part of the atmosphere at Rangers game. I have no particular feelings on the song one way or another and sometimes its fine for a song to just be sang or not as part of supporters in a stadium. You are welcome to resort to insults etc if it makes you feel better though.

Really not helped yourself here.
No looking to help myself mate, I booed it as part of the atmosphere in an international rivalry. I dont bare the royal family any ill will at all and just see it as something done against England in the same way I booed the anthem against Ireland and Wales. Nothing more sinister than that bud.

I boo it as part of the atmosphere in a rival international game. I sing it as part of the atmosphere at Rangers game. I have no particular feelings on the song one way or another and sometimes its fine for a song to just be sang or not as part of supporters in a stadium. You are welcome to resort to insults etc if it makes you feel better though.
It is an insult to many others to boo a national anthem. It’s an extremely odd decision to make especially being a Rangers fan. Surely if you feel that way in rival settings you should remain quiet? To actually boo it is completely bizarre.

Are fans around you at Ibrox aware you boo it? Are you as open telling people in person as you are here?

Wow. There is no chance this poster is a bear, how you have managed to stay on this forum for so long is madness. Nearly every thread you click, you are on winding people up.
I have no intention of winding anyone up, just gave an account of a game vs England from the perspective of a scotland fan. I do find it hilarious though that that makes me 'not a bear'. I will mull that over in my seat on Saturday.

It is an insult to many others to boo a national anthem. It’s an extremely odd decision to make especially being a Rangers fan. Surely if you feel that way in rival settings you should remain quiet? To actually boo it is completely bizarre.
I agree its bizarre mate. It happens against most countries and I join in. No idea when it became a thing but it is now for some reason.

is it an insult if it’s true?

You don’t.

It’s staggering people believe he goes to Ibrox. Been sussed for ages on here. Best ignored if admin don’t deal with it.
If you need to have it proven mate then there are probably members of admin that can confirm it, couple of guys from H&H who I sit near or know, 2 first team players and the head of football operations. Any of them suffice as proof? If you DM me i can put you in touch and put your mind at ease.

Bear Pit
Hate everything about Scotland and Scottish football. Countless threads on corruption, VAR and folk genuinely thinking they are fighting a propaganda war against Peter Lawwell.

The Lounge
Numerous negative threads and posts on migrants, refugees, Muslims, Catholics, Beirut, sorry I mean Glasgow, and other things Scottish and in Scotland.

It's not going to change but can be tedious.
Fair enough lol.

If you need to have it proven mate then there are probably members of admin that can confirm it, couple of guys from H&H who I sit near or know, 2 first team players and the head of football operations. Any of them suffice as proof? If you DM me i can put you in touch and put your mind at ease.
:oops::))

I’m done.

:oops::))

I’m done.
No problem. You can continue to kid yourself on that I am not a ST holding bear because i go to scotland games and boo anthems despite the offer of proof if it makes you feel better mate. I have no interest in getting a ban and have offered proof to you no problem to put the matter to rest but if thats not enough then probably just click 'ignore' and enjoy your day.

Really doesn't bother me in the slightest so not sure where that question comes from.

I just find it pathetic, laughable even, that people would actively cheer their National team's opponents - for dubious reasons at best - and then go ahead and sing about not caring what people think of them at the next Rangers match.

I don't ever see any support for another team against Scotland on here. No doubt you'll be able to pull up a couple of isolated posts to justify your argument.

But I'm comfortable in my loathing of all things SFA/Scotland. I don't want any Rangers players associated with them. But I know I'm out on my own here.

Dubious reasons at best? Fcuk me gently.

I couldnt make it last night as I had uni work so, no. Did I boo it when we played England? Yes, home and away. I also booed the ROI anthem and several others. I dont boo GSTK/Q at Ibrox and would join in when my seat was in BF before I moved to MF.

Traitor.

How can anyone attend our games and sing GSTQ and then choose to boo it at others?

end up getting banned if i say what i really think of you.

A tune? It’s our national anthem ffs. Wouldn’t say sensitive soul tbh, would be nothing sensitive about what happened next if I heard someone booing GSTK that was standing next to me.
I couldn't care less about national anthems. I'd never boo them out of respect, but they're not my thing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back