Well done Northern Ireland

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think it’s generational. If you were around for the treatment of Duncan Ferguson, Davie Robertson, Richard Gough and Andy Goram many of us former Scotland fans will no longer support the national side. It’s sad but true. That said I couldn’t care enough to gloat about another team beating them. I also have no affinity for Northern Ireland despite some of our support thinking that singing about that part of the world is inherently staunch. I’m a Scottish, British, Rangers supporter. The national team and association have ruined the relationship between Rangers fans and the national team, for some irreparably.
100% Some of the treatment of our players down the years has been disgraceful from the tranny army. I struggle to understand why any bear would want to stand amongst them.

It isn’t looking good for Scotland. Friendly or not, the team did not play well. I recall something similar happening in respect of results in ’78 before Argentina, and that didn’t turn out too well.
Yes, we’d a poor showing in the Home Championships leading up to Argentina but it seemed to be mostly brushed off by the Scotland support. Oddly enough, it seemed to be viewed as nothing other than a minor setback. Unfortunately, this is a bad omen for things to come.

I've got to take you to task here.

What jock superstars? We're at sub zero here.

I always remember my old man telling me about going to a Scotland v Northern Ireland fixture at Hampden in the 50s.

He's there to support Scotland obviously.

But Billy Simpson against Bobby Evans? There was only one winner there for my da.

You follow, follow your heart.

Billy Simpson all the way.
Well going by yesterdays press (i know i know)this was supposed to be the best jock squad ever.HA HA.
Couldn't lace the boots of the greats like bremner ,daglish,jordon,mcqueen,strachan to name just a few before we even consider our own greats like cooper,super,the goalie and king richard or barry who they hung out to dry.I could go on
Last night you had the 23m biscuit hips shown the ropes by a kid and McGinn ,flying high with villa and probably valued in excess of 20m by them who took to diving and rolling around like a spoilt puppy.robertson?whats his value and done himself in with a stupid tackle.
You are off course correct. The only jock superstars of today exist in their own heads.

From people who go on about No Surrender, the way some have surrendered their national team and go on about Jacobites is absolutely embarrassing. Cue all the cringey posts about how "Scotland drifted from us".
Well done northern Ireland... as for Scotland.. the nationalist .. british hating tranny army and Steve the bitter hater or all things rangers ect ... the made thier bed the can ly In it ..absolutely 9 time for them and there are plenty that way

Well going by yesterdays press (i know i know)this was supposed to be the best jock squad ever.HA HA.
Couldn't lace the boots of the greats like bremner ,daglish,jordon,mcqueen,strachan to name just a few before we even consider our own greats like cooper,super,the goalie and king richard or barry who they hung out to dry.I could go on
Last night you had the 23m biscuit hips shown the ropes by a kid and McGinn ,flying high with villa and probably valued in excess of 20m by them who took to diving and rolling around like a spoilt puppy.robertson?whats his value and done himself in with a stupid tackle.
You are off course correct. The only jock superstars of today exist in their own heads.
Please tell me you're English if using the term "jock"?

As someone who wanted NI to win last night, you’re embarrassing yourself with the ‘jock’ patter,

I’ve got to agree with you.

Do some people maybe go a bit far in expressing their hostility to the national team ?

Threads congratulating Northern Ireland on a friendly win… I mean come on
We are not expressng hostility to the team it is to the SFA who stood back when we were voted out the league . That is they did try to help the teams who wanted RANGERS dead so yes naff your football team i would go as far as sugesting most of us support the rugby/cricket/athletic/ teams.

Correct, it's a lot worse at England games. Especially outside the ground and in the pubs.
the-office-jim-yeah-right-er8jrl6xpn3wqqr7.gif

I think it’s generational. If you were around for the treatment of Duncan Ferguson, Davie Robertson, Richard Gough and Andy Goram many of us former Scotland fans will no longer support the national side. It’s sad but true. That said I couldn’t care enough to gloat about another team beating them. I also have no affinity for Northern Ireland despite some of our support thinking that singing about that part of the world is inherently staunch. I’m a Scottish, British, Rangers supporter. The national team and association have ruined the relationship between Rangers fans and the national team, for some irreparably.
Plus Ian Ferguson.

IF the posters are from Northern Ireland nobody can grumble, albeit it was a friendly. It's the self loathing Scots who aren't even happy when they are hating everything Scottish who are tragic.
I don’t hate all things Scottish I’m actually a regular at murryfield for the rugby. But sitting beside the republican tartan army isn’t for me. See the minutes silence for our late queen to see how rabid they are.

He hasn't, though. He's been nothing but respectful to NI and said well done on their win. Not sure how you make the jump to him being raging.
Correct mate. And, given how often you and I disagree on topics on here, I doubt you would jump to my defence if it wasnt true.

I know that some of them have in the past. Bye and large though its a myth that scotland fans boo them Especially when the game isnt at the sheeps ground and Jack is playing. Not excusing it though.
It can't be a myth if you know they have been booed in the past.

I know that some of them have in the past. Bye and large though its a myth that scotland fans boo them Especially when the game isnt at the sheeps ground and Jack is playing. Not excusing it though.
You’ve never heard a Rangers player booed at hampden

Personally, no. Not around where I sit anyway. If its happened in other areas its a smattering of idiots who dont represent the majority in the ground.
If your telling me you never heard jack being booed at Hampden at Cyprus game your either 1 of 2 things a liar or deaf

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back