Well Done Scott Wright

He should be starting. He did more in ten minutes than Aribo did all game.

He is deceptively strong too.
Sadly true.
I'm a great fan of Aribo but I thought he was lucky to be on the field for so long today.

As the OP mentions, Wright's introduction seemed to inject a bit of energy and grit into Rangers, certainly on his side anyway.

As others suggest, he should maybe be getting a start, or a full half anyway.
Looks like a great acquisition.

He was just about the only player who bothered their arse to press so full credit to him. Kent did too but tired eventually, probably as a result of doing all the work whilst guys like Aribo stood and watched.

Just said in the match thread that I wish he’d come on sooner. His pace was causing them all sorts of worries at the back. Him and Kent running at them would have been much more of a threat.

I hope he gets a start and makes his mark in the team. Really like the energy he brings to the team.

been saying this for yonks, wright deserves a lot more game time, he's been good everytime he's came on, especially as his first touch is better than all his team mates

He’s earned his starting place in the next few weeks, possibly even the next Old Firm at Ibrox, so direct and pacey but he also had some intelligent movements to draw their defenders away to open space. He was really really good when he came on, technically excellent apart from the through ball to roofe, very very unlucky not to get the right ball to him.

All in all a very good signing so far on his displays.

He did exactly what’s expected of him in a cameo. It was just what we needed.

That’s why he’s on the bench to be brought on for such scenarios. It doesn’t mean he’s definitely a better option to the regular starters who have got us unbeaten and 20 points clear though

Unlucky not to get more minutes today (possibly 90) as a few of our team looked a bit tired. His movement, and ability to get his body between the ball and defender helped get us up the park and the last 15 minutes was possibly our best spell.

Should have put Roofe through if we're honest but definitely another positive cameo.

He was just about the only player who bothered their arse to press so full credit to him. Kent did too but tired eventually, probably as a result of doing all the work whilst guys like Aribo stood and watched.

Kent was dead on his feet by about 70 minutes, I think seeing another teammate come on who, as you say, was actually pressing give him a wee jolt.

Couldn't agree more about Aribo. I'm his biggest fan but we need more from him in games like today at this point. Thought he was better in the second half, but that wouldn't be hard given how woeful he was for the first 45 minutes.

We have a great opportunity to give Wright and Simpson a start and see what they are made of. Same applies to Zungu and perhaps King.

Lots of people suggesting Wright replaced Aribo. He replaced Hagi today, who Laxalt was leaving in his wake time after time. Wright's pace immediately forced Laxalt to sit deeper because he couldn't give him a start and catch up. If Laxalt had any quality in his crossing, we could have been in a lot of trouble with that starting match up.

He looked like our most dangerous player bar Kent today. With a full pre season under his belt I reckon we're gonna have a special player on our hands next season

Would have to see Wright starting a game against good opposition before comparing to Aribo. Aribo has played well for us this season and I like the look of Wright

One incident this afternoon summed up our performance for me. About 55 mins in, Kent chases all the way across their back 4, eventually closing down Ajer in their left back area, Ajer holds him off and manages to squirm the ball clear. Kent looks round and no other blue shirts have pushed up to pick up the loose ball. He looked thoroughly frustrated.

So different to the hunting in packs we’ve done all season. And Wright coming on definitely increased the tempo and intensity of our pressing.

Lacklustre performance, team showed real tiredness, perhaps understandably.

Another great cameo. Lets give this guy a run in the team, no one has made that right attack position theirs so he might be the one.
I said this a while back.

Play him and Kent just behind Morelos, with the freedom to switch sides as it fits them. It would disassemble defenses and leave Morelos with gaps to Exploit.

Away at parkhead i always feel you need pace in the side to many times we couldn't get out down the right hand side I think he would if been more suited today than hagi who i like but i think frantic games often pass him buy

This guy should definitely get a start. His brief appearances have all been lively and his work rate is spot on.

Back