What does Gio need to do between now and the end of the season, to prove he's the man to take us forward?

What does Gio need to do between now and the end of the season, to prove he's the man?

• Scottish Cup win

Votes: 201 45.5%
  • Europa League win

Votes: 55 12.4%
  • Scottish Cup + Europa

Votes: 72 16.3%
  • League, somehow

Votes: 17 3.8%
  • Nothing can win back my confidence

Votes: 97 21.9%

• Total voters

DamBuster72

Yesterday's performance and result have been sobering for the support.

Taking the lead so early on and still failing to win such a crucial game really is amateur.

The fact we only made 2 subs while we chased the game shows our lack of strength in depth, in part to our failed recruitment of the last few windows.

What exactly do you think Gio needs to do in the remaining 9 - 14 games of the season to give you confidence for the summer rebuild?

Would give him a window and some money to see what he can do.
Don’t think any of the players that were brought in were his choice.
This is Down to not investing in the Jan transfer window, some responsibility of the board

I'm still behind him and he'll be there next season. But for the rest of the support I'd imagine winning the cup and getting to the Europa semi's would give some hope?

Win the Scottish Cup, Europa semis, don't present our arse to Celtic in the other league game, and show a willingness to play young talent like Alex Lowry - within a positive tactical set-up that isn't predicated on shutting up shop at 1-0 up, then not being good enough to do that.

We aren’t winning the EL and as good as it would be to win the SC I cannot see it happening and even if it did it doesn’t make up for a 12 point swing in the league. He will be there next season regardless.

Europa league win

Or

Scottish cup win + win every game left in the season convincingly (Less so, but if we pump Celtic in the last 2 games against them and beat everyone else I'd be a lot more confident)

Resign . Hesy not what we thought he was. Can't motivate players. Can't use substitutes at right time. Tactics? I'll leave that out. We need better.

He has to win all his remaining domestic games, finishing as close to them as possible and securing the Scottish cup.

The EL semi final would be a great achievement.

He also has to show some serious mettle and drop certain players.

We are not going to win the Europa thats a pipe dream and winning the Scottish Cup would be slight consolation in that it stops them winning a treble but its not enough.

If he won the Europa though of course he would get to stay.

We’re not going to win the Europa League and I don’t think the Scottish Cup makes up for the 12 point swing.

For me, he’s done.
I accept the league is gone but why can't we win the Europa League?
Our domestic form is horrendous but in Europe we seem to know what we are doing.

I accept the league is gone but why can't we win the Europa League?
Our domestic form is horrendous but in Europe we seem to know what we are doing.
Because the teams remaining would skelp us.

Leipzig just strolled past Dortmund and Atalanta are the absolute definition of this squad’s kryptonite with their pressing and speed of play.

He’s not going to win any of them, and will probably finish the season with four straight losses to a poor mentally challenged team.

Because the teams remaining would skelp us.

Leipzig just strolled past Dortmund and Atalanta are the absolute definition of this squad’s kryptonite with their pressing and speed of play.
Atalanta got pumped at the weekend and in a cup tie with Leipzig who knows what could happen.
I'd fancy us against West Ham in a final as well

It's a huge ask with this squad now, especially without Morelos.

He needs to make some changes and find a way of coping without the talisman.

Dropping McGregor would be a bold but welcome call for me also.

He needs to beat them in that semi to prove to the support he and his coaching staff understand what went wrong yesterday and right it. That's formation and personnel.

Scottish Cup and somehow win the EL and it would soften the blow of no league title to an extent.

However, without Alfie there is not a chance. It's been proven that this team cannot cope without him.

I think he’s got as big a recruitment job as they had this season
There a lot of our players either don’t have it or don’t really want to be here
He’s going to need a
Goalkeeper
Two centre backs
At least 2 or 3 in middle
Definitely a centre forward
And that just to start with

Then we can say it’s Gio team

Resign . Hesy not what we thought he was. Can't motivate players. Can't use substitutes at right time. Tactics? I'll leave that out. We need better.
If Wilson kept the receipt, we can take him back?

Consumer Rights
- Up to 6 months it's Repair or Replacement
- burden of proof on us after that :rolleyes:

The current league position and the way that it has happened is the biggest issue and I don’t see anyway he will recover from this. Winning the SC would buy him some time but then he has to perform a major rebuild in the summer and many would question his suitability for this. If things do get any worse, losing both games with the rattlers and an exit to Braga, it could signal the end.

Win the europa or even get to final and SC is ok by me as getting that far in Europe the financial disparity of not get guaranteed group stage is not that much and people writing off us not getting through from the qualifying stages

No matter what he wins or doesn’t, we need to see some evidence that he knows what he’s doing.

Taking the lead so early on and still failing to win such a crucial game really is amateur.

The fact we only made 2 subs while we chased the game shows our lack of strength in depth, in part to our failed recruitment of the last few windows.

What exactly do you think Gio needs to do in the remaining 9 - 14 games of the season to give you confidence for the summer rebuild?
He needs to identify the players needed to come in and WIN

I don't think this will ever work out well. He is far too negative and nobody is quite sure what his plan is, probably the players too. However there is something being overlooked and I believe that our players are huffy as fck and check out as soon as the going gets tough in domestic matches. There is a multitude of proof on that

Beat Celtic twice & win the Scottish cup.

Those that think we have a serious chance of winning the Europa League are chasing rainbows!

If we’re being realistic, we probably aren’t going to win the Europa League, but reaching the semis would be a fantastic achievement.

If he could then somehow dispatch the Yahoos to lift the Scottish Cup it would give us something tangible to celebrate and build on next season.

Ultimately though, it’s academic.

We could lose to Braga and the cup semi and he’s still going to be given the opportunity to go again next season.

If he’s backed properly by the board and Wilson, there won’t be any excuses after that however - it’ll all be on his shoulders.

The remit of any Rangers manager is primarily to beat Them
You do that ,you win leagues and cups most of the time

I'm on the fence with Gio at the moment and hope he can prove us all wrong this month .

To be completely honest I don’t think there’s anything he could do to convince me he has what it takes to lead us to a league title in the future.

At a bare minimum I want the Scottish Cup won this season so we end our dreadful cup record, and also end any chance of them embarrassingly winning a treble during the year they did a rebuild.

Even at that I won’t feel comfortable with him being at the helm next season but I know he most likely will be.

Back