What does Gio need to do between now and the end of the season, to prove he's the man to take us forward?

What does Gio need to do between now and the end of the season, to prove he's the man?

• Scottish Cup win

Votes: 201 45.5%
  • Europa League win

Votes: 55 12.4%
  • Scottish Cup + Europa

Votes: 72 16.3%
  • League, somehow

Votes: 17 3.8%
  • Nothing can win back my confidence

Votes: 97 21.9%

• Total voters
Our support in a nutshell.

We could win all that's left bar the league and folk would still want him out.

You've got the other side who would say we should keep him even if we win nothing.

Yesterday's performance and result have been sobering for the support.

Taking the lead so early on and still failing to win such a crucial game really is amateur.

The fact we only made 2 subs while we chased the game shows our lack of strength in depth, in part to our failed recruitment of the last few windows.

What exactly do you think Gio needs to do in the remaining 9 - 14 games of the season to give you confidence for the summer rebuild?
Anybody who votes a scottish cup win on that threat is absolutely bat shit crazy

If i had my way gio would have been sacked immediately after that game yesterday

Leaving on Aribo, not giving Roofe a striking partner when he is evidently not a lone 9, and leaving out Kamara when this is a game he always excels in…..

That’s not Gerard’s doing.

Some people are so desperate for him to succeed they cannot and refuse not to see what’s staring them in the face.

The team’s form has been very similar all season. It’s a squad / quality issue.

The only difference is that they hve got their act together, that’s why we’re falling behind now.

Nothing, he deserves the chance to shape his own team and build for the future.

I hate how impatient the support have become. The guy is about four months into a job and he'd inherited a lily livered squad of underachievers. Give him some peace and let's see what he can do when he beds in his own signings.

Please spare me the January window response, the bulk of those transfers would have been in flight before he arrived. I mean a Summer reshaping the defence and goalkeeper then take it from there. If by Christmas he's made us no better then it is time to question him but we have to let the grass grow under the guys feet.
Hold it a minute here, me and my workmates were discussing all the mistakes gio made yesterday, if you play roofe you have to get someone along side him, not 40 yards away, aribo what a conundrum he's been lately, an empty shirt all game and all game is 95 minutes., !!, goalie is now on a sharp decline, mclaughlin must be wondering what he has to do to get a game., now if we can see this and gio can't then how can he continue as a manager, he's learned nothing since the last old firm match.

He needs to use his dutch contacts along with dave vos to look at bringing in his players, put his stamp on the team.

Get rid of simpson, goldson, wright, firth, mcgregor, davis, arfield, oforboh, diallo, itten, Kent, Aribo, Barasic, katic, kelly, Kennedy, kamara would be a good starting point.

We need to look at bringing guys like Doehki for example.

Hold it a minute here, me and my workmates were discussing all the mistakes gio made yesterday, if you play roofe you have to get someone along side him, not 40 yards away, aribo what a conundrum he's been lately, an empty shirt all game and all game is 95 minutes., !!, goalie is now on a sharp decline, mclaughlin must be wondering what he has to do to get a game., now if we can see this and gio can't then how can he continue as a manager, he's learned nothing since the last old firm match.
We have a good team when they're all playing well though. Nobody was bothered when they read the line up. The rot is far deeper than personnel just now. The players are too lax in their approach and are never far enough away from their next shitty performance that lets us all down. I believe they think they're world beaters and don't need to work as hard in some games. That will disappear when we clear the decks.

Souttar is coming in, McGregor won't be #1 next year. There is the first steps to fixing some massive problems we have had this year. Let's give him time to put together his own team.

The reaction to yesterday is way over the top in terms of performance. It wasn't that bad it just wasn't great either and we were let down by the same old failings. A couple of them are already being addressed so let's cut Gio some slack for now and see how it goes.

A squad of his own making - which obviously can't happen this season.

He'll then live or die by it next season but he should certainly be given that opportunity.

Whatever happens this season he'll be here next.

We have a good team when they're all playing well though. Nobody was bothered when they read the line up. The rot is far deeper than personnel just now. The players are too lax in their approach and are never far enough away from their next shitty performance that lets us all down. I believe they think they're world beaters and don't need to work as hard in some games. That will disappear when we clear the decks.

Souttar is coming in, McGregor won't be #1 next year. There is the first steps to fixing some massive problems we have had this year. Let's give him time to put together his own team.

The reaction to yesterday is way over the top in terms of performance. It wasn't that bad it just wasn't great either and we were let down by the same old failings. A couple of them are already being addressed so let's cut Gio some slack for now and see how it goes.
Another fek up , souter should be in already

Would give him a window and some money to see what he can do.
Don’t think any of the players that were brought in were his choice.
This is Down to not investing in the Jan transfer window, some responsibility of the board
He had a window brought in sands , a defender who i don’t even know his name , Itten ( who is just sitting in the stand ) a Man U kid who is pish and an injury prone who can’t even give you 20 good minutes but can boss it for Wales .
Sum up a disaster of a window and I don’t want to give him another

He'll keep his job if he either wins the cup or gets to the semi's of the Europa. Both hard tasks.

If we're out of both in 2 weeks time he'll get until its mathematically impossible then get the bullet. I can't imagine many have faith in him right now and even less will if we go out this round of Europe and go trophyless.

He needs to find a way to beat Celtic. It’s the no. 1 job of a Rangers manager because beating them means winning a lot of things. If he can’t do it by the end of this season his only real defence will be that it’s still Gerrard’s team.

Like others I’m also worried he might not be ruthless enough to ring the changes and would like to see him show some bold moves.

There’s not a lot he can do in the short term. He needs the summer transfer window and a pre season with the players to put his mark on the team.

He needs to brave enough to realise his team are miles out of there depth and change his backroom staff. Other than that I can’t see it. We won’t win either the europa league obviously or get to the final and we will be papped out the cup.

Take the emotion out of it, look at the stats in depth, build to your strengths, hide your weaknesses and go from there.

That's the thing about being manager at us or them. The moment you start letting sentimentality or 'momentum' pick your team, the moment that you settle for less, the moment that you decide to you stick to your tactics like an ideologue despite everything to the contrary or make a thousand other rookie mistakes then you're fucked.

He had a window brought in sands , a defender who i don’t even know his name , Itten ( who is just sitting in the stand ) a Man U kid who is pish and an injury prone who can’t even give you 20 good minutes but can boss it for Wales .
Sum up a disaster of a window and I don’t want to give him another
How many players were his first choices or his choices at all, recruitment is Ross Wilson with board funding, so for me they are as much to blame as Gio if not more.
Won’t matter who we get unless we back them and for me, Gio hasn’t been given a penny to spend.
I am not his greatest fan, some of the tactics have been questionable as well as some of the results.
A blind man can see Aribo isn’t playing to the same standard as he was the first half of the season but is kept on.
As a matter of interest who would you like?

How many players were his first choices or his choices at all, recruitment is Ross Wilson with board funding, so for me they are as much to blame as Gio if not more.
Won’t matter who we get unless we back them and for me, Gio hasn’t been given a penny to spend.
I am not his greatest fan, some of the tactics have been questionable as well as some of the results.
A blind man can see Aribo isn’t playing to the same standard as he was the first half of the season but is kept on.
As a matter of interest who would you like?
David Martindale, his press conference would be amazing B-DB-DB-DB-DB-DB-DB-DB-D

It’s very easy to blame Gio, but this team has been leaking soft goals all season. It’s still Gerrard’s team.
I don't understand how all the "he's not the man to take us forward" can be so definitive.

This team/squad have proved incapable of closing games out, closing leagues out and winning meaningful cup games. Never mind gifting goals left, right and centre to lesser teams and teams we have had beaten.

One squad, two managers. Same issues.

The problem is with the players, their focus and their attitude.

Look at the players before we talk managers.

To PROVE it - Europa league win, however whilst anything can happen at this stage, I sadly think that the likely runner up place in the league will knock the wind out of our sails and the Scottish Cup win is our best hope.
We need that guaranteed CL football next season or we fall behind financially, in a season where we clearly need to strengthen and clear out some stagnated players. We don't get that and we are going to have a very difficult season ahead next season.

The realist in me says that GvB has had to grab the reins half way through a season where our former boss snuck off after duping us that he wasn't going anywhere. He probably should be allowed longer than half a season to prove his worth and add his own amendments to the squad. However we would need to be very convincing early on next season and on course to take the league by the new year. With a Europa League crown unlikely, and the league as good as gone, unless GvB is a very shrewd operator in the transfer market, I don't see how he is going to achieve it.

Win the cup and progress to semi finals of Europa for me.

Not that I think the board would sack him, but IMO this is the acceptable criteria for him getting a crack at next season.

If Celtic beat us again and pull further away he should walk.

A lot of the post-January performances this season haven't actually been all that different to last season.

Difference is last season, if we took the lead, the defence and overall setup was good enough to hold on to it.

This season it hasn't been.

Our tactics are clearly better suited to Europe, where we have to now make the semi final and put in a good showing if we get there.

We have to win the cup but I'm starting to lose confidence in this team beating Celtic.

Either way, the league was the main priority this season, and we've blown it with a 6 point head start at the start of the year.

Win all remaining games in Scotland, get the shooting coach improved, at least get past Braga and give a few youngsters their chance.

If he turns this season around Scottish cup and Europa league I’d keep him but it’s not going to happen keeping Aribo on the pitch when he was having a nightmare said everything to me losing the league from a position of strength is unforgivable.

Back