What ever happened to Ian Black

Who actually cares? Are we just going to drag up more old players to take the piss??

If he is a painter and decorator then good for him, not every player makes enough from the game to spend the next 50 years playing Golf and talking shite on Sky.

Aberdeen's Shay Logan, plays in the Premier League, is training to be a gas fitter for this purpose.

There were many players at that time that should not have been part of our Club. I think of them as the wilderness years. There were so many bad things going on and our survival was at risk. We had no strategy other than filling the pockets of spivs and crooks. Thank God for King!

Who actually cares? Are we just going to drag up more old players to take the piss??

If he is a painter and decorator then good for him, not every player makes enough from the game to spend the next 50 years playing Golf and talking shite on Sky.
Then perhaps he should have been savvy enough not spunk cash on a Bentley?

Out for the season after slide-tackling a tin of Dulux 'Minty Sunrise' in his trademark thuggish fashion.

Should never have been signed after assaulting Jelavic. Never hated/openly disliked a Rangers player until him.

Completely agree. Was a shocking challenge, he should’ve never been near our club. Nothing but a thug on the football field, was embarrassing the money we wasted on him climbing back up the leagues.

He got paid good money to play for a team we would all give our right arm to take to the pitch for.
He wasnt the best we've ever had, but worse will wear the shirt.. (anyone got a framed Pena or dalcio top at home?)

I never ever liked the guy. I went in to the Berwick Rangers social club after we played them and in pops Ian black. All the locals knew I was a rangers fan so they were telling me (thinking I’d be excited/want a photo/autograph etc) I just looked across and thought what a @rse he was

Saw him in the Scotmid on Morrison Street in Edinburgh fixing the fridge.

He works for a third party refrigeration repair firm.

Still angers me that he was running out wearing our jersey whilst betting against us and we didn't sack him.

I know we're posting any old shite to get back into the lounge but %^*& me man!
sorry, but he's the only Rangers player I've ever hated
I remember his assault On Jela the season before and always thought he was a horrible prick. When he signed for us I was devastated!

He then stole a wage for several years whilst getting found out by plumbers and sparks

I fart in his general direction

Listen he was known as a hatchet man but I was a fan of his. He could pass a ball, gave a bit of dig and had a bit of swagger.

The reason people don’t like Ian Black is down to one reason. Jealousy.

I hated him but...

What do people think he should have done when approached to sign say "well I'm not god enough, oh you're offering what, give me half of that as I'm sh1t"

Of all the substandard players we signed during that period he was by far the worst. a hammer thrower with no ability. the assault on jelavic should have made his signing a non starter.

Back