What will you be thinking when you watch the Braga game on Thursday?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I’m beginning to think this squad is bored with the weekly routine of the SPL. They probably think, well, we achieved 55 that was the priority.
And their outstanding performances in Europe points to being a new challenge to them.
Probably clutching at straws with that theory but I can’t fathom out why our bread and butter games have been abysmal compared to our extraordinary performances in Europe.

That weekly routine is what they’ve signed up to as professional football players surely? Not buying that.

They did try on Sunday. The tactics of lumping it into the box to be cleared by CCV clearly weren’t working and nobody can plan for chaotic defensive rushes of blood.

I’ll be looking forward to a European game which if we turn in a performance puts us in the driving seat for a shoot out semi final for a chance at glory.

Seeing Rangers take the field in the latter stages of European football never fails to give me a rush so Sunday will be quickly put to the back of the mind. It’s done we need to move on.

a wins a financial bonus thats about it. Really not even that interested in it. The one thing we needed is up in smoke bow
That's about it? Not the prospect of getting to a Semi-Final of the Europa League, or one of the only chances we have at major silverware this year? Albeit the latter is a slim one.

I get that people are despondent over Sunday, but come on to f*ck. It's a European QF and as a big club these games are the kind that you live for.

That weekly routine is what they’ve signed up to as professional football players surely? Not buying that.

They did try on Sunday. The tactics of lumping it into the box to be cleared by CCV clearly weren’t working and nobody can plan for chaotic defensive rushes of blood.

I’ll be looking forward to a European game which if we turn in a performance puts us in the driving seat for a shoot out semi final for a chance at glory.

Seeing Rangers take the field in the latter stages of European football never fails to give me a rush so Sunday will be quickly put to the back of the mind. It’s done we need to move on.
The fall out from our domestic league performances will be soon forgotten IF we can negotiate past BRAGA and whoever we get in the semi final and somehow make the final.

With this team you just don’t know how we will perform in Europe but as in 2008 many wrote us off because they thought the opposition we were drawn against were a class above Rangers in quality and standard of players

Reactions: TN8
If Aribo starts I will potentially put it off in a rage. I’ve already made peace with the shambles that mcgregor will play.
I’m not sure I can watch the 90 if McGregor and Aribo start.

I’d add Roofe to that as well, he’s got to try something different.

The fall out from our domestic league performances will be soon forgotten IF we can negotiate past BRAGA and whoever we get in the semi final and somehow make the final.

With this team you just don’t know how we will perform in Europe but as in 2008 many wrote us off because they thought the opposition we were drawn against were a class above Rangers in quality and standard of players

Our results in the run in of 2008 were also diabolical and the wheels totally fell off our title challenge.

Didn’t stop a party atmosphere at the dundee United game prior to Manchester and then the party itself.

Folk kidding on they’ll still be raging about a defeat to the filth if we turn Braga over. C’mon.

Our results in the run in of 2008 were also diabolical and the wheels totally fell off our title challenge.

Didn’t stop a party atmosphere at the dundee United game prior to Manchester and then the party itself.

Folk kidding on they’ll still be raging about a defeat to the filth if we turn Braga over. C’mon.
Last time we went to Braga we were in the middle of a catastrophic run of results after imploding after the winter break and it was one of the best days following rangers, tomorrow should be no different... result pending ofc

It is what it is with these players. Shite it when the pressure is truly on.

Probably get a result Thursday, but the horse has bolted in our bread and butter. Unforgivable
Can’t argue with that, but on the other hand we’ll be in the title race again next season - but whether we are still in Europe this time next spring is far from certain.

We have a chance to do something very special in the EL. Sunday’s result was horrifying, but it’s done. We must think rationally and look forward to the next match.

Obviously we're all hoping and praying for a result that would put us in touching distance of a European semi-final, which would be amazing.

But right now I don't even want to look at most of those players. And if we do go over there on Thursday and turn in a good performance and result, I feel like in the middle of it all I'll be thinking "where the f*ck was that on Sunday ya bunch of..."

The ups and downs of the last few years I suppose, but it's just hard not to feel so let down by them right now. Very mixed feelings for me at the moment which I'm sure (or maybe hoping) will change over the next couple of days. Anybody in the same boat? I know @LiviLoyal is still looking forward to it!
Spot on mate , win on Thursday raises more questions than answers with this squad . They have quickly went from possibly my favourite team of all time , to I want everyone of them gone ASAP , that’s some going .

I have hardly given Braga a thought, kind of says it all after Sunday, our club are playing in a European quarter final and a lot of fans are deflated.

Bizarre situation.

Can’t argue with that, but on the other hand we’ll be in the title race again next season - but whether we are still in Europe this time next spring is far from certain.

We have a chance to do something very special in the EL. Sunday’s result was horrifying, but it’s done. We must think rationally and look forward to the next match.
I would say this Braga team will be on a par if not better than Celtic , If we progress it’s without doubt a players attitude issue for me , with a manager who just can’t motivate a team for financially biggest league campaign in history .

It's Tuesday morning at 7.37am and I've just worked a nightshift hearing papists waxing lyrical about how they dominated us in Ibrox and how we are no where near matching them atmosphere wise and the rest of the shite they spout.
I'm completely and utterly scunnered with Rangers at the moment, this is the worse I've felt in many a long year and it's not easing off any.
Me two

I'll be absolutely buzzing on Thursday as it's the Europa League QF and will be thinking of the possibility of a capacity crowd at Ibrox going mental at reaching the SF.

Given this squad's track record, in my gut I've been pretty much resigned to losing the league since we dropped points to Motherwell after they had dropped points to Hibs, so our performances in Europe have let me dream a little. Regardless of any domestic disappointments we suffer, I don't think I'll ever not look forward to a European game. Glad it's at 20:00 too. Despise the 17:00 away kicks offs.
Need you to step up and bang another couple of goals in on Thursday night pal ;-)

Won’t get a better match to bounce back with than this. Put Braga out and we go to Hampden as Europa Semi Finalists.

The title was still in our hands at the Dundee Utd game before the final.

But I know what you're getting at. A good result on Thursday will lift a lot of the gloom.

The title was still in our hands at the Dundee Utd game before the final.

But I know what you're getting at. A good result on Thursday will lift a lot of the gloom.
That’s true, the wheels fell off at Fir Park.

Obviously we're all hoping and praying for a result that would put us in touching distance of a European semi-final, which would be amazing.

But right now I don't even want to look at most of those players. And if we do go over there on Thursday and turn in a good performance and result, I feel like in the middle of it all I'll be thinking "where the f*ck was that on Sunday ya bunch of..."

The ups and downs of the last few years I suppose, but it's just hard not to feel so let down by them right now. Very mixed feelings for me at the moment which I'm sure (or maybe hoping) will change over the next couple of days. Anybody in the same boat? I know @LiviLoyal is still looking forward to it!

By about 5pm on Thursday most of us will have forgotten about Sunday. Its the 2nd time in my life we've been in a major European Quarter final, I mean the sh*te disappointment of Sunday is still there abut once it gets closer to the game I think we'll all realise how big a game this is.

The league is always there, every year, Thursday is something you'll be lucky to see more than once in 10/20 years.

If you can’t get motivated for the real chance of Rangers reaching a major European cup semi, I would give up.
Forget about our wee shitty backwater of a league for a week and rejoice that we are competing in a competition with the eyes of Europe on us.
Totally agree outside glasgow who cares about the League compared to rest of Europe about EL just need to raise it

It is what it is with these players. Shite it when the pressure is truly on.

Probably get a result Thursday, but the horse has bolted in our bread and butter. Unforgivable

Why all the depression on FF this week? Didn't about 85-90% of FF tell us old guys a few weeks ago that winning the Europa was all that mattered? It was a "no brainer" remember. Aye right! European is a bonus, being first in Glasgow is THE only important thing almost every season as Sunday showed. Do that and you win the league 75-80% of the time.

There is no pressure or expectation on whoever steps onto the pitch on Thursday, so we might well get a result, but it isn't good enough. One trophy in 17 since we stepped back into the top League tells the real story of this group, and all it's managers.

I have a feeling that Braga are going to give us an absolute shoeing over both legs.

The wheels could come off big time with this team now.
I think in the league for sure yeah, we will end up double figures behind that lot.

Won’t win the cup, might beat Braga.

Come May, relieve the manager of duties and get others out who don’t want to be here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back