What will you be thinking when you watch the Braga game on Thursday?

Status
Not open for further replies.
In Feb we got tonked by the tims on the 2nd & 15 days later played Dortmund off the park in Germany. This group of players are excellent in Europe, I've got a lot of faith in them in that arena. And none domestically!

I will probably be thinking ‘get into them’ Rangers. Yesterday is gone and onto the next one for me.
There's definitely a balance to be struck between indifference when Rangers lose and absolute despair and joylessness when we don't win every game 5-0. I get it's worse on here and on social media in general because reactionary opinions garner the most discussion, but the idea that I can't enjoy Rangers on Thursday night winning in a Europa League latter stage game because we aren't the bigger midget this season in Scotland isn't for me. Celtic have been hoovering up trebles and domestic trophies yet their mutant fans tried to attack their 9IAR 'heroes' and their European campaigns have been a source of hilarity for the rest of Scottish football for the best part of a decade now. I'm too young to remember our failed 10IAR season but I can't imagine those players and managers would ever be treated like that by even our biggest Bucky swilling neds.

Il just be glad to have the relief of European football.

It wont be a popular opinion, but domestically weve not had any breaks at all. Im not saying we are void of responsibility for the campaign, but its just been one of those seasons where all the little things have went against us. Europe on the other hand, has been the opposite. Its been a welcome relief. I cant wait for it actually.
Hard not to agree with this. Against Dortmund everything we hit went in. In the league practically everything our opponent hits goes in. I think we’ll get past this round and that’ll be it. Not sure a Euro semi makes up for this seasons, especially if they also go on and with the SC and a proper treble though!

If we put in a performance and get a result, I cannot wait to see the nauseating "I told you so" type of posts from the happy clappers. :rolleyes:

Of course, I'll be happy that we could potentially have one foot in a potential semi-final but overall I'm still pissed off at this squad for meekly surrendering the title.

Sunday is gone and i am back to really loving Rangers, as apposed to just loving them. Can't wait for the game

Reactions: TN8
I know whit fuukin stupid thread will come before Thursday from some nipples on here.

Europa or Scottish Cup. ?

Let me tell yeez somthing, before we know it we won't be the most successful team in footbaw.

• Haha
I'll be absolutely buzzing on Thursday as it's the Europa League QF and will be thinking of the possibility of a capacity crowd at Ibrox going mental at reaching the SF.

Given this squad's track record, in my gut I've been pretty much resigned to losing the league since we dropped points to Motherwell after they had dropped points to Hibs, so our performances in Europe have let me dream a little. Regardless of any domestic disappointments we suffer, I don't think I'll ever not look forward to a European game. Glad it's at 20:00 too. Despise the 17:00 away kicks offs.

Though the straits be broad or narrow....
There are good times and bad times in football. It's the nature of the game.
League form has been a disappointing, however, in Europe we have gone further than anyone thought we would when paired with Dortmund.
Enjoy the ride, who knows where it may take us.
No matter what how the season ends we will all be supporting the team next season whoever is manager or whoever is in squad.
Rangers aren't a hobby, they are a way a life.
Much like a family member, they make you laugh and make you cry. They give you moments of sheer joy and can break your heart. But whatever happens you will never disown them.
Folk may say birthday card pish or whatever but if you think otherwise about Rangers then maybe they aren't for you.
For those in Portugal, do us proud and give it your all from first to last minute. The players will need the lift. We need them coming back to Ibrox within touch of Braga at worse so that a full Ibrox can carry them over the line.
Cmon the Rangers family, let's do it together.

It's not a unique situation (as I said in an earlier thread today, which died a death :D ).

I was looking at Season 1971/72 when of course we had our historic success in the European competition.
Incredible to think we finished 3rd in the league that year. Partick, Celtic (twice), Aberdeen, Hearts, Dundee (twice), Motherwell, Morton, Dunfermline and Hibs all beat us and we failed to beat Aberdeen (again) and Clyde. That was 16 points off the pace (24 points in today's money). Yet we performed in Europe.

The reverse was also true. I long lamented the woeful European performances under Jock Wallace whilst he was busy filling our domestic trophy cabinet. It was gut-wrenching at the time we could make no impact against continental opposition.

We seem to be in a situation now of domestic poverty whilst enhancing our reputation in Europe.

It is hard to explain why we have been excellent in Europe this season whilst faltering on the home front but it certainly isn't unique. Hard to rexplain really when teams we have dropped points against would get scudded by the continental opposition we have been disposing of (then and now)

Let's hope the 50th anniversary of 1972 is a good omen for the Europa league but a victory wouldn't go amiss in the Scottish Cup Final this season - we need to get going domestically again.

Anyway, Sunday won't enter my mind when we take on Braga - situations like we are now in have happened to better Rangers teams than this one.

Last edited:
If we get a result it will only further more say that the team shat the bed from that mob and their manager have our number.

Just win. Theres always another match to be better.

We are odds on favourites to be Europa League semi finalists 10 years after they tried to destroy us.

These chances do not come often.

Braga will be a big ask without morelos.
But we beat a stronger Braga side 2 years ago with Kamberi leading the line.
We were also in a bad place form wise at that time.

Watched the Benfica game and they look decent defensively and good on the break. We'll struggle with the forward set up we had on Sunday but I reckon our midfield can do well if he sets them up properly. Just need to stay in the tie and hopefully they will underestimate us.

Would be just like us turning up and looking like world beaters again. Although without Morelos I think we'll get exposed again. We just don't look the same team without him.

I'm still getting yesterday out my system but probably tomorrow I'll start focusing on the Braga game and where to watch it, then Wed we'll have Gio's press conference and all attention will be on the Braga game.

The team let us down on Sunday but they can start to win us back on Thursday. They seem better suited to European matches and I know I'll be cheering them on again in a few days. We have a realistic chance of getting to at least a European semi final which would be an incredible achievement for a Scottish side.

Considering its one of only two trophies we can win all my focus is on that as should everyone's at the club.

It's the other league games I can't be bothered with now.

Its horrible feeling after yesterday just a right downer knowing the league is done its hard work following your team can really effect your mood

Depends on the team in all honesty.

Start with our usual formation and expect Roofe to replicate Morelos then we’ll get a doing.

If you can’t get motivated for the real chance of Rangers reaching a major European cup semi, I would give up.
Forget about our wee shitty backwater of a league for a week and rejoice that we are competing in a competition with the eyes of Europe on us.

Sunday has happened we as fans need to get over it and this is as good an opportunity to get to a European semi final just glad I will be out of isolating to go for second leg and hopefully another great European night at Ibrox WATP

Might as well go bawdeep in the europa now. Having said that don’t tell the players as they will brick it :confused:

If we put in a performance and get a result, I cannot wait to see the nauseating "I told you so" type of posts from the happy clappers. :rolleyes:

Of course, I'll be happy that we could potentially have one foot in a potential semi-final but overall I'm still pissed off at this squad for meekly surrendering the title.
Or if we can't have both, one will suffice.

As I said, you've probably been in The Louden and seen the walls adorned with the Barcelona Bears. You probably haven't seen it adorned with adulation for the Rangers 04/05 team.

I know whit fuukin stupid thread will come before Thursday from some nipples on here.

Europa or Scottish Cup. ?

Let me tell yeez somthing, before we know it we won't be the most successful team in footbaw.
Are we the most successful team in football if you start adding in minor domestic trophies?

I'm fairly sure Linfield maybe have more, as will that Egyptian team.

If you can’t get motivated for the real chance of Rangers reaching a major European cup semi, I would give up.
Forget about our wee shitty backwater of a league for a week and rejoice that we are competing in a competition with the eyes of Europe on us.
It's so petulant. Celtic were supposed to win 10IAR and they didn't. It's not even unusual in British football this season when you look at the early lead Man City had over Liverpool and seeing that going to the wire now. This sort of thing happens in football, it's the reason why people love it even if we're sometimes on the shite end of the results. To everyone outside of our bubble, winning the SPFL is like two bald men fighting over a comb. Winning the Europa League will see the players as legends, in line with the 72 squad who I'm sure everyone has forgotten finished 3rd that year.

Wondering why this team can't do it in the league but look at home in this company. Then cursing Scottish football.

I think we'll struggle again up front with no Morelos.
As long as we don't lose by more than two goals we will still be in the tie

A reminder that we put them out with Kamberi up front last time.

Many bookies have us as favourites this time around, which I don’t remember being the case in 2020.

This squad doesn’t do expectation and a favourites tag. Add Morelos missing to the mix and I think we will struggle.

Totally disagree. They beat us hands down for work rate yesterday.
I wouldn't agree with they out worked us . They were better drilled but that does mean they out worked us . Collum not doing his job properly was a bigger factor

I'll allow myself one night and hopefully one happy morning's distraction from the league. By god I (we) deserve it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back