What would you say to Steven Gerrard if you met him?

Walked past Walter at the door to La Barca in H'burgh. He was leaving as I was entering. There was eye contact and he knew I wanted to say something, and I did want too.
Just couldn't get any words out.
I was left standing like the two wee boys in the Chewing the Fat 'squatch a yer fanny' ice cream van sketch.

I'd imagine I'd show the same coolness and composure if I met SG.

giphy.gif

Something incoherent but I would be trying to say love you.
I would make a lady's front bottom of it.

To refer back to a statement I made on Wednesday evening: "Mr Gerrard, you have permission to pump my burd and drink all my beer".

Thank you for getting my club back to where it belongs Mr Gerrard. You have done an amazing job in your 3 years here and if you leave tomorrow I'm sure you will go with every Rangers fans blessing. But please stay for a bit yet.

I met him as he was going in to the dakota in town, its when rangers were playing up at Pittodrie and he was going to have a look round the training centre, got my picture took with him, shook his hand and said "do us proud", he simply replied "i will".........hes certainly was true to his word

My absolute pleasure to meet you Mr Gerrard, thanks for all you’ve done for us.

A firm handshake (once allowed ) and a thank you . No Selfies or any of that nonsense. Treat him with the same dignity he has shown our club :)

I met Ally McCoist once whilst he was getting swapped by folk asking him to “sign this” and “sign that” so i pipped up, still star struck, thinking id be funny.....

“Ally, can you sign my council tax? Hahaha”

Wtf was I thinking?

1. why would he sign a council tax?
2. I was about 16, why would I have council tax?

So to answer the OP, I’d probably just crack an absolute shite joke, probably about council tax.

Back