When you were scoring goals in the back garden as a kid , which Rangers player/s were you ?

Jimmy Millar, Ralphie Brand, Jim Baxter, Jim Forest, Alex Willoughby

Until last September- when kicking a ball around with the neighbours kids - it was -
Alfredo, Alfredo, Alfredo, Alfredo

Terry hurlock coz my wee brother was a septic fan , still to this day I’m kicking the lady's front bottom

Super Ally, then Laudrup. Also had a weird fascination with Dejan Savicevic at Milan, made my mum get me a pair of white boots which at the time marked you out as a fucking roaster.

Colin Stein, my hero. Was gutted when he left for Coventry City and delighted when he came back. Me and my pals used 'man as a you touch the ball' when playing a sidey so regularly went through our team and a few notables from England, Greig to McKinnon, McKinnon to Conn, Conn to Johnston, Johnston finds Stein, Stein to Peters, Peters to Cooke, Cooke centres to Stein - goal! Great days.

A right footed Davie Cooper.
I did once score from a corner after the keeper told me if I tried it again, nearly score, he would let it in. Looked great.

Was always quite a few different players... The usual suspects.

However, we did have a lamppost in the street that had a no. 5 on it.

He was always Ray Wilkins.

If I was in goals I was Chris Woods, and if I was outfield, I was Davie Cooper. Good times.

Davie Cooper

It was also Kenny Dalglish for a time until someone gently broke the news to me that hadn't been at Liverpool all his career :oops:

Anytime I was hitting a free kick as a boy I always used to shout out
Jonny metgod
Baldy guy played with notts forest with an awfy pile-driver
Oh to be young again

Davie Cooper or Ally McCoist, when playing in my back garden, the changing room/shed was called Wembley Shedium! :D

p.s. from memory @DocStone was a better Cooper than Woods!! B-)

Back