When you were scoring goals in the back garden as a kid , which Rangers player/s were you ?

Bet you were up front alongside DJ in that final
Nope, Smith was. I was on the right wing.

No.7

Same as I played for the school, who I still turned out for on Saturday mornings before going on to play for Rangers in the afternoon.

What a life I had!

I was a goalkeeper so it was Goram. Also later on it was Buffon, I can't believe he's still playing.

Jorg Albertz. Left footed as well and I liked a shot from long range or a good driven free kick.

Cooper then Mark Walters.

I was naturally right footed, so specifically started practising with the left, until both feet were semi decent. All down to wanting to be like these legends!

Not quite a kid but remember being 17 and in Falaraki... watched us play a champions league qualifier against Copenhagen

Michael Ball hit the post with a free kick ... Thought I could do better after leaving the pub and shouted Michael BALL before kicking a deflated beach ball

turned out to be a big fat Greek bolder and broke my big toe

Wullie Johnstone, you didn’t get numbers on the back of shirts back then my wee mum made the number 11 and sewed them on.

Ally McCoist or Davie Cooper for the most part.

Would spend hours recreating Davie’s free kick against the sheep into the goals (washing poles / line).

Colin Stein - with David Francey commentating "...and it's a header by Stein! It's Rangers nine Celtic nil. And it's all over, Rangers win the cup yet again!"

Ally McCoist or Davie Cooper for the most part.

Would spend hours recreating Davie’s free kick against the sheep into the goals (washing poles / line).

Davie Cooper for me also.

I tried to replicate Cooper's free kick v the sheep when I was playing at match in Chapelhall.

I am left footed - I took two steps, blasted it as hard as I could - was heading for the top corner but the keeper got a hand to it and pushed it onto the bar and the ball came down and smacked him on the face.

He had to go off with a bleeding nose.

We lost 3-2 and after the game I found him sitting on the grass and congratulated him on his save. Told me he thought I was the decoy and the other guy over the ball was going to hit it otherwise he wouldn't have been positioned where he was and I'd have scored that.

Back