Who was the linesman then ?

David Roome! I understand he is not one of them. Had VAR been available the goal would probably have been disallowed, but it was a tight call. Had VAR been available we may well have had two more penalties. But we have nobody to blame but ourselves. We were vastly superior in every position bat goalkeeper - and that was because our goalkeeper was rarely challenged.
A tight call? Can't agree with that & not only that, did all the "tight calls" not go against us & for them? Surprise, surprise...

David Roome! I understand he is not one of them. Had VAR been available the goal would probably have been disallowed, but it was a tight call. Had VAR been available we may well have had two more penalties. But we have nobody to blame but ourselves. We were vastly superior in every position bat goalkeeper - and that was because our goalkeeper was rarely challenged.
Was it %^*& “tight”!

The club should cite such examples as we push for VAR.

It's inexcusable that a professional final being played in 2019 does not have VAR in place. The cameras are already there, it's hardly a funding issue to have VAR in place for semi finals and finals at Hampden.

how can you say it was a right call for their goal there were 3 off them clearly offside and the player that scored was never onside before the free kick was taken,was a shocking decision he should never get that wrong from a dead ball.

I don’t care who he is supposed to support, he made a massive mistake. Maybe scared if he gave it the media would be calling him out. Officials are scared when it comes to making decisions that might be tight, even although this one was blatant. I will wait in vain to hear anything from the club, sadly.

He made a %^*& up but I can confirm he is 100% a Rangers supporter.

Not that it brings any comfort at this stage but it maybe puts any conspiracy theories to bed.
So is Madden apparently but he does everything possible to make sure he gives us nothing if its a 50/50 call and thats the problem in Scotland they khunts and our press/media are shite scared to ref their games honestly :mad:

No it doesn’t.

It proves the pressure that is put on bears not to give us a decision even an EASY one like today.

That was as easy a decision to make as a linesman will get.
Not denying any of that. Merely pointing out that he isnt a mentally challenged which some on the thread alluded to
[/QUOTE]

Sorry mate. Not disagreeing there.

Just sick that even bears like this guy & Beaton ( so they say ) are scared to give us legitimate decisions. That’s the way our country is nowadays.

We’re all sore tonight, including me, and no offence meant.
[/QUOTE]
Beaton is a Motherwell fan

Not denying any of that. Merely pointing out that he isnt a mentally challenged which some on the thread alluded to

Sorry mate. Not disagreeing there.

Just sick that even bears like this guy & Beaton ( so they say ) are scared to give us legitimate decisions. That’s the way our country is nowadays.

We’re all sore tonight, including me, and no offence meant.
[/QUOTE]
Beaton is a Motherwell fan
[/QUOTE]

Cheers mate. Even I’m getting caught up in the *** conspiracy :mad:

I hate it when people say we have nobody to blame but ourselves.We were outstanding but so was their keeper. Had we win 5-0 today no one could have complained. Their goal was clearly off we should have had another penalty and their keeper was about a yard and a half off his line when the penalty was taken. But it's all our own fault?

The thing is if he is in any doubt the flag should go up, the whistle would have gone before the ball hit the net and very little would have been made of it.

His were the actions of someone not up to doing the job or a coward.

Admin can you change title to include David Roome’s name.

There is another thread on him:

We need to start using English referees in Scotland, our pool is too small.

This is not about who he presumably supports, perhaps he was inTimidated who cares, no matter his affiliation he gave them the cup with that horrendous decision.
He should be fired or demoted and sent to some obscure league, (perhaps that's why he's here)

Tight call?
He, they were in an offside position for fourteen seconds before the ball was played.
As soon as the free kick was taken and they moved towards the ball, they were now offside.
Doesn’t actually come any easier than that.

David Rome merr like.

He should be hounded out the game for that. That is not acceptable.

Had we got that goal his address and phone number would be all over social media.

It should be a very uncomfortable Christmas for him

So essentialy you want him getting abuse and threats due to this decision?

*slowly shakes head*

Calling out the officials is essential. If the club says nothing over the decisions made over the last week and I would include their last-minute goal against Hamilton, then we should just give up.
I said at the beginning of the season that we'd need to be considerably better than them because if things got tight the officials would swing it their way . And so it has begun

You should be banned regardless of whether you are a Tim or not.
To be so unaware and accepting of their sectarian slur is depressing.

You are right on the money sir.

We are in a ideological struggle due to too many of us (myself included) indulging the rhancid beasts and going out of our way not to offend them.

Then we get moronic posts using the word Hun and then the author compounds his complete lack of awareness by stating it ‘doesn’t offend me’.

Well as a Rangers fan, Presbyterian and Mason it really does fucken offend me!

We don’t need quizlings such as this in our ranks.

WATP

Is it to far fetched that the linesman had TLB's comments going through his head as the cross was delivered and influenced his decision.
If that shitheads comments made the linesman think, then he should be sine died forever.

Spot on. Linesman are trained from day one to get these types of calls right. Therefore at the professional level I would imagine this is their bread and butter situation, one you have seen countless times and easy to call, especially when not one but three players clearly offside. What grates the most, is that it is not as if it was a marginal offside, making the lack of a flag nothing short of astonishing.

And to find out the linesman might be a fellow bear just compounds the sense of injustice.
One of the problems with poor officiating up here is that the Officials are all Amateurs in control of Professionals. They do a game on a Sunday and go back to thier real job on a Monday.

It wasn't a tight call

You can guarantee if the shoe was on the other foot and we won with what is clearly an offside goal, the recriminations, the accusations of corrupt officials and bias would be getting heard already from Scumdome and their compliant mhedia pals. It really was not a difficult decision to make, nothing difficult about it at all, not one but three quite clearly offside.

I hate using officials mistakes when we do not win, sounds like nothing other than sour grapes, but following on from Beaton's error on Wednesday, these two officiating errors have had a massive negative impact on how our season has played out to date.

There is nothing we can do but suck it up and hope, as they say, these thing even themselves out in the "big" games left in this season. I won't hold my breath.

PS it is quite ironic that an officiating mistake has won the Scum the trophy after TLB bumping his chops to the press that he hoped a refereeing decision would not prove costly to them.
Did Gerrard get another apology. Lot of good apologies get us.

Put his private details on social media?. Naw, not for me. No need to stoop to their level. However, we should be going after his employers and get them to make sure he doesnt get another top flight game this season

What an absolute abortion of a thread. Started off with the OP making some mentally challenged statement about having an "uncomfortable Christmas" over an offside call.

Then a "bear" taking delight in saying hun

If he's a bear, then he's not the type of bear I'd ever associate with.

He's an embarrassment to the club and all decent Rangers supporters.

If the linesman is a Rangers fan I guess it shows the rewards of years of incessant moaning about officials from that mhob; don’t want to upset wee Lenny, get his picture in the papers, called a masonic, orange b, mad Jhoe letters, etc. Game changing decision and an absolute shocker.

If he was a massive Rangers fan he had ample opportunity in the first half to get Ajer and Hayes red carded fort foul and abusive language worse than what Mulraney of Hearts got sent off for the day before but no he just stood and took it.

Anyone that is paid is not an amateur

You are correct Robert imho.

I think the term for junior players who are paid to play is 'Semi Pro', completely different to 'Amateur', as they get paid rather than receiving nothing, other than the odd travelling expense.

WATP

If he was a massive Rangers fan he had ample opportunity in the first half to get Ajer and Hayes red carded fort foul and abusive language worse than what Mulraney of Hearts got sent off for the day before but no he just stood and took it.

Regardless of who he is alleged to support he proved he is not of the required standard to be officiating at the level he is. In fact if he can’t apply all the laws of the game he shouldn’t be near any match.

There is a massive problem with the standard of the officials. I just cannot understand why it seems to get worse year on year not better.

If it's just bad officiating can anyone explain why we rarely get one in our favour?

When was the last time we won a tight game with an "honest" decision because I can't remember one?

Unfortunately half our support are obsessed with not sounding like a Tim and refuse to see how the power exerted by a biased media, the BBC in particular, is paying massive dividends. They (the ostriches) can see it doesn't even out, so while they stick their heads in the sand what chance do we have?

It would help if the club played the game more. Refs are fallible but it goes in one direction now. Even the ostriches know how the media would have handled Sunday if that goal had been at the other end. We can't even get our own fans onside(pun intended).

Not trying to minimise the error it 100% should have been flagged
Posters saying there were 3 offside when the kick was taken ,none off these players can be flagged offside as you cannot flag the offence until one touches the ball .
Its not like the old rule where the linesman flags at the kicking of the ball at the free kick.
This new rule was put in to work in conjunction with VAR so if required they can go back and review it and it would have been disallowed no doubt .
The old rule should still be in place until VAR is in place.
In relation to why we seem to get decisions like this every week in my view is the mentally challengeds go berserk complain to the catholic media who carry on the attack in the media .
What do we do , our media contacts are very few and far between and what does the club do to highlight it next to nothing .
So these officials have one club that will probably get them demoted so they get the benefit on every decision and we who don't complain lose every decision to satisfy the catholic agenda towards us .
The official are in a word COWARDS

Was it %^*& a tight call, 3 players were standing in an offside position waiting on the free kick, which is normal, however none of the 3 of them go back on side, at any point.

It was the easiest decision a linesman should have to make.

Not trying to minimise the error it 100% should have been flagged
Posters saying there were 3 offside when the kick was taken ,none off these players can be flagged offside as you cannot flag the offence until one touches the ball .
Its not like the old rule where the linesman flags at the kicking of the ball at the free kick.
This new rule was put in to work in conjunction with VAR so if required they can go back and review it and it would have been disallowed no doubt .
The old rule should still be in place until VAR is in place.
In relation to why we seem to get decisions like this every week in my view is the mentally challengeds go berserk complain to the catholic media who carry on the attack in the media .
What do we do , our media contacts are very few and far between and what does the club do to highlight it next to nothing .
So these officials have one club that will probably get them demotedthe rule, it so they get the benefit on every decision and we who don't complain lose every decision to satisfy the catholic agenda towards us .
The official are in a word COWARDS

Aware of the rule, it the fact 3 players were offside and never went back onside should have made it simple for the linesman.

Back