Who was your Rangers hero as a wean?

John Greig. I have memories of him lifting the cup on several occasions in the 70s when I was a kid.
They're a funny thing childhood memories. It seems like we played the mentally challengeds in the cup final every year, which definitely isn't the case

We’ll say up to age 12, who was your Rangers hero?

And following on from something discussed in another thread, for those who have young kids now, who is their favourite player from the current squad? I’m keen to find out who the current hero is for younger bears.

When I was a kid? No brainer really, it was Super Ally (though it would later become Laudrup). Lucky to have to grown up when McCoist was doing his thing, the following gif more of less sums up the almost unimaginable Roy of the rovers type career he had.

MelodicCloseGallinule-size_restricted.gif
Big DJ an absolute goal machine

My first hero mr Hubbard. Then sixties team wee Davey Millar loved big Harold Caldow best ever left back to play for us. Slim Jim but John Greig my favourite. Then different years go by wee Doddie up there as well. Nine in a row years so many great players .

I worshipped Davie Cooper and was in awe of his natural ability, an absolute wizard on the ball, I adored McCoist too, what a striker.

Weirdly it was alexei mikhailichenko, or to give him his full name Oleksiy Oleksandrovych Mykhaylychenko.

Barry Ferguson, growing up in the 2000's.
Still shite I wasn't around for any Jorg Albertz (left the day before I was born) and Laudrup's. You guys had it all on a plate compared to now!

Has to be Willie on the wing. Serious fan crush for him. Twinkle in his eye and a bit of a bad boy about him. Used to watch him train at the Albion each summer.

Super.

Growing up with him scoring goals all over the place and we share a birthday. At the time that felt important.

I'm a youngin'. Bazza was who i wanted to be. Home-grown, world class, cool as you like with a shoulder drop turn that left even the best of opponent on their arse... a captain to lead and aspire to. He was and is 'my' captain!

Mind you... i got Mols on my NTL top though and no regrets. A finer player i've yet to see in royal blue (and i'm not so young i wasnt appreciating Gazza and Brian!). Thats a debate for another time, but for me, no player could match mols for the excitment and impact he brought from the start)

Super Ally, then when a wee bit older, David Robertson. I may have been just over 12 when he arrived, to be fair.

Davie Cooper and briefly Bobby Russell.

Check out 35secs into this:

Said early in the thread for me it was the wee barra and Colin stein but what a player bobby Russel was, can’t remember but I think rangers signed from an amateur team turned out some signing

Back