Who's been the worst (top flight) player that you can remember watching play against Rangers?

55degreesnorth

As a follow on from the other thread about the best player, who has been the worst player that you've seen play against us (home or away) in the top flight? For me in recent years it has to be Stevie May, I've never seen a more ineffective striker. He brings nothing to the game, he isn't even mobile enough to harass defenders. I'm sure I heard a stat that before he'd scored the other weekend, he'd scored 3 goals in 45 appearances. 1 in 15 ratio for a striker. He's also been capped by Scotland, mind blowing.

As a follow on from the other thread about the best player, who has been the worst player that you've seen play against us (home or away) in the top flight? For me in recent years it has to be Stevie May, I've never seen a more ineffective striker. He brings nothing to the game, he isn't even mobile enough to harass defenders. I'm sure I heard a stat that before he'd scored the other weekend, he'd scored 3 goals in 45 appearances. 1 in 15 ratio for a striker. He's also been capped by Scotland, mind blowing.

Stevie May is a good example for recent times but during his first spell in Scotland at St Johnstone he was a very decent goalscorer.
Fairly sure he got injured up in England and hasn’t been the same since.

Quite a lot of Hamilton players imo. Martin Canning for instance.

Always remember the St Johnstone of Nick Dasovic days being turgid too

Some of the players the scum had were awful

Stuart slater fir 2m takes some beating

As does mo jo bangura
Stuart Slater was actually a decent player for West Ham. Celtic decided to play him as a striker which was a baffling decision.

We could get a full team of diddies that featured for Them against us.

Tokely wins hands down. End of debate.

But special mention to that wee Scott Brown clone MacKinnon of Hamilton.

Some of the players the scum had were awful

Stuart slater fir 2m takes some beating

As does mo jo bangura

I used to play in an annual charity event with him and I'd tend to agree. Granted he was late 30's at this point but a few of the lads that played in the local pub league were running rings round him. Really decent guy it has to be said.

Rab douglas,

Guys like Tokely, Kenneth and Wilkie just booted players and hoofed the ball not one bit of football between them.

Andrew Considine how he’s played for as long in the top league of Scottish football is beyond me. Notable mentions for Lee Wilkie(11 caps FFS), Stephen McGinn, Stephen O’Donnell ( another internationalist) and Alan Lithgow

The Livingston centre back Cece Pepe just does not look like a footballer, very much of the John Hartson build...

David Wittenveen of Hearts is right up there. Scored a tap in against us, but, couldn't hit a cow's arse with a banjo.

Gary Gillespie with the mentally challengeds absolute bombscare of a defender in the early 90's who in the late 80's was a regular alongside Alan Hansen in the Liverpool defence. Mike Shitey Galloway again decent player at Hearts but went downhill at the mentally challengeds.

When we handed Dolly a 5-0 doing at the end of September 'Mikey' Devlin looked like it was his first ever time playing football. A fortnight later he was capped for Scotland.
Playing against SAN Marino is about his level, he’s about as goo£ as McKenna, who is also not very good.

Back