Why can’t we boycott away games?

I’ll refer to a previous post about some of our best performances being in games with us having few fans.
Paradump and many away European games coming to mind.
If you don’t want fans to go and travel to support their football team could you really call yourself a supporter?

If you don’t want fans to go and travel to support their football team could you really call yourself a supporter?
Absolutely can.
People can do what they believe is best.
My question is, who going to these games is best for.
The team?
The club?
(these are often very different things)
The person?
For sure, the only main beneficiary is the opposition club.

To be honest we deserve what we get, to keep feeding teams money while they shaft us every way they can is unbelievable. I genuinely believe people are doing Rangers more harm than good by attending away games. I know a boycott wouldnt make teams go out off business but it would starve them of much needed revenue. We haven't won anything in years and that's with the best away support in Britain so the excuse that the team needs our backing on away days just isn't correct. Clean slate with the merchandise buy the season tickets buy the strips do the rangers pools anything to give the club money. Do anything other than fund our enemies. Build bridges no one wants to do that with Rangers so stop trying to be the nice guys all the time.

Yes. Watch Rangers in the pub or elsewhere.

If you chose to buy an away ticket you are directly funding some teams that wish us nothing but harm.

Everyone is free to spend their own cash as they see fit and certain teams are happy to align themselves with Celtic then it makes no sense to me funding haters.

That's the problem,we could always have beam backs to Ibrox akin to days gone by,but fans will want to go and support the team.
The problem with beam backs, is you have to pay the home team for the privilege, so you would still be funding the team we would be boycotting

Last edited:
Yes. Watch Rangers in the pub or elsewhere.

If you chose to buy an away ticket you are directly funding some teams that wish us nothing but harm.

Everyone is free to spend their own cash as they see fit and certain teams are happy to align themselves with Celtic then it makes no sense to me funding haters.
I’m there to cheer the players, so be it if other clubs make money. I don’t care who we are playing, I spend money to watch my favourite club as did my dad and so did his dad.

I couldn’t give a toss who our enemies are, we’re hated by nearly everyone and I love it that way.

I’m there to cheer the players, so be it if other clubs make money. I don’t care who we are playing, I spend money to watch my favourite club as did my dad and so did his dad.

I couldn’t give a toss who our enemies are, we’re hated by nearly everyone and I love it that way.

Hated by everyone yet you cross their palms with the blue pound :cool:

I’m a supporter, I support my football team by cheering the players when they play at opposition football teams.

You don’t go to away games? That’s your choice and my choice is to go and follow my team.

The same folk telling others to boycott usually haven’t been to an away game ever before. Funny that.

I’m a supporter, I support my football team by cheering the players when they play at opposition football teams.

You don’t go to away games? That’s your choice and my choice is to go and follow my team.

I’ve been going to away games for the last 20 something years.
i am seriously considering not using my money to fund these clubs any longer.
I may still travel on a bus, see the team bus and players coming off then head to a local pub to watch it as the majority of our away games are shown on tv anyway.

the sooner we fight back and hurt these clubs the sooner it will get better for us

I may still travel on a bus, see the team bus and players coming off then head to a local pub to watch it as the majority of our away games are shown on tv anyway.

the sooner we fight back and hurt these clubs the sooner it will get better for us
Are you not just better off going to a pub near you instead of travelling all the way to an away game only to not enter the ground?

Are you not just better off going to a pub near you instead of travelling all the way to an away game only to not enter the ground?

I could do that but I could also show the players my support when they come off the bus and let them know they aren’t going to a place with no support

Some fans are too selfish and won’t stay away despite knowing it’s the only powerful tool we have. “But I’ve never missed a game” and “Who are you to tell me what to do” are among the excuses they use, but at the end of the day they’re putting themselves before the long term welfare of our club. They can tell themselves whatever lie let’s them sleep at night, but that’s the truth.

It is up to everyone to make their own decision.

Some people don't want to attend away games.

Some people do.

That's how freedom of expression works.
And it’s also why those that despise us laugh all the way to the bank with our money

which is sad , many good Rangers men deserved to of been there

but the online brigade saw to that
No one is saying it needs to last forever. A season without away games wouldn’t kill people, but it would cripple those who crippled us and continue to despise and work against us. It’s the only power we have and if we don’t use it we will forever be dancing to the tune of Liewell and his puppets. I’d certainly sacrifice witnessing a win at the piggery in person to end that.

The only way to please everyone is for rangers to start cutting allocations for how many tickets we take for away games. We take three stands at Livingstone and St johnstone what if we took one stand of half a stand ect. That way people still get fo go to games who still want to go and we still damage the other clubs. As fans we will never agree on a boycott. Only the club taking action will work.

I know away support is important but the thought of lining Hamilton and Motherwells pockets for instance makes me sick.

An element of our support is incredibly self serving and use Rangers as an excuse to get out for a bevvy and something to boast about in their local when they get back. It's their money at the end of the day.

It's one thing to have a debate about this, but it's another to give out insults.
Smarmy comments left right and centre, pissheads, selfish and that's the milder comments.

I dont know what's happened to our support and I hope that it being FF it's not representative of the majority.

They'll be some posters on here on other threads condemning the spfl about bullying, them start bullying their fellow supporters on here. Not to mention the obvious poets that join in with them.

If they're not getting abuse about away games, they're getting it about the songs they sing. The night we won in Braga was a perfect example. Trying to follow the match thread, but it was nearly impossible, due to every second post calling the fans for everything.

Go to the games if you like lads and dont let a bunch of online bullies tell you any different.

I’m sure the team could cope, especially if they knew the stakes. They did it at the Piggery and in Europe this season
They did it because there were fans there still cheering them on. They ran over the Rangers End when we scored. How demoralising is that if you score and there’s no fans there to cheer and celebrate the team?

An element of our support is incredibly self serving and use Rangers as an excuse to get out for a bevvy and something to boast about in their local when they get back. It's their money at the end of the day.

Yes but we can bring Scottish football to it’s knees, as the Scum don’t give the same away support. Bring these shitty little clubs to heal.

I’ll refer to a previous post about some of our best performances being in games with us having few fans.
Paradump and many away European games coming to mind.
will never slag the guys watching us , went 9 years not missing anything ,europe included , but these day's are different , we will never change opinions with 6k turning up at MWELL OR LIVI . we must make an example of 1 or 2 for the good of Rangers and Scottish Football

Rangers coming to town is a big occasion for these teams.
Take the away fans away and the sense of occasion is gone.
Soon it's just like another fixture for these diddy clubs.

Rangers coming to town is a big occasion for these teams.
Take the away fans away and the sense of occasion is gone.
Soon it's just like another fixture for these diddy clubs.

I would say it’s a big occasion for the players. Not so sure the fans. When was the last time even the sheep fans came out in their numbers v us?

That's the problem,we could always have beam backs to Ibrox akin to days gone by,but fans will want to go and support the team.
As someone who would never have shunned taking an away ticket- I’m all up for visiting Ibrox when we play away- wee meal a couple of drinks and watching the bears on the telly screen- in full knowledge that every single penny spent would be acceptably finding its way to the team I support and not the teams who hate the Rangers

I suggested this and got a bit of stick lol
I want to travel but take no tickets and stand outside and sing. It will cost these manky clubs a fortune to police us.
I now expect more stick!

So a lot of supporters won’t boycott games so why don’t we take the same support that the away teams bring to Ibrox ie Livingston (500) Motherwell (1000) that way we are supporting the team and not funding them as much

I suggested this and got a bit of stick lol
I want to travel but take no tickets and stand outside and sing. It will cost these manky clubs a fortune to police us.
I now expect more stick!

psg done it recently. Let fireworks and flares off, let the team and everyone else know we are there. It would piss everyone right off as well as hurting the clubs financially.

to be fair mate did you go to any of the beam backs. The atmosphere was strange. I still have the paper beam back tickets somewhere. I’m sure I watched the 6-2 defeat to the mhanks on beam back

I’ve always been of the opinion that bears should make up their own minds on this issue. For me it’s now a case of not a penny more. It’s the only way these clubs will entertain our unionist values, if it hits them in the pocket!

to be fair mate did you go to any of the beam backs. The atmosphere was strange. I still have the paper beam back tickets somewhere. I’m sure I watched the 6-2 defeat to the mhanks on beam back
Ffs - I was actually at the 6-2 game - you were lucky to watch it on the screens and not live in the presence of the gloating mentally challengeds

They did it because there were fans there still cheering them on. They ran over the Rangers End when we scored. How demoralising is that if you score and there’s no fans there to cheer and celebrate the team?
They played well in many hostile environments where Bears were in a minority. (Warsaw, Rotterdam, Parkhead) They also failed to deliver in matches where Bears were there in abundance. (Rugby Park, Tynecastle) I think you overstate the importance, especially if the players know why fans weren’t there. I’m talking around half a dozen games here, against sides who need the blue pound but are laughing behind our backs and plotting against us. Im not advocating lifelong abstinence here, but we need to send a message to some clubs that if you don’t listen to reason there will be consequences. We need to demonstate our power not just talk about it

Back