Why can’t we boycott away games?

But on that same
Imagine we are closing in on title 55,you seriously think the support are going to stay away and not go.say for argument sake the title can be won at Livingston you think the three stand will be empty.
Same Saturday my employer offered me a £ 1000.00 to work what should I do
Both examples utter rubbish.

Watching what is going on carefully and will decide what I’m doing when it all settles down a bit.
As someone who misses very few away games I’m more than willing to stop going if things go the way they seem to be going just now.
The Dundee scum boycott years ago for me was a success. Only a couple of hundred selfish bastards turned up instead of our usual 6,000 or so away allocation. You will never ever get a full boycot.

I feel a partial boycott would be more damaging but the logistics of organising such a mission would be really difficult.

I'm not sure what the optimum low number of tickets we could take that would effectively cost them more of their profit (maybe somebody with more maths skills than me could work out a matrix) due to having to have x no's of staff, stewards, ambulance personnel, policing in place, whilst us not turning up in our usual no's shelling out on tickets and catering etc , but still having to provide proper segregation and ground safety measures.

If our limited support attending could then bite the bullet and not use local pubs and shops, obviously Rangers friendly clubs and pubs excepted, and completely ignore their programme and kiosk sales they must start losing some much needed revenue and goodwill from local business.

The kicker might be that the home fans might start turning out which could balance it a wee bit, but given the absolute failure of 'Sell Out Saturday' and lack of big crowds during our banishment I really can't see that happening.

Just a thought and as I say probably too difficult to attempt, but sometimes 'less is more'

WATP

For the millionth time, we do not finance these clubs. If you think that 1000-4000 fans turning up once or twice a season is financing other clubs you’re absolutely delusional. Having no away support will have a detrimental effect on away form, the players always say in interviews how great out the numbers we travel in are. But some people would trade all that so that they can say they got something back on other clubs.
So how then would you go about taking some kind of justification against teams that decry yours and laugh in your faces when going about stabbing you in the back. You give their club the Blue pound, this season Hamilton were lure if the had enough fans to fill on bus remember Hamilton is only nine miles from Ibrox. We help every club in the lower leagues when we were down and still they stab us in the back.

But on that same

Same Saturday my employer offered me a £ 1000.00 to work what should I do
Both examples utter rubbish.
I know which one I’d choose and it wouldn’t be the £1000.when we are closing in on title 55 those advocating a boycott will be scrambling for tickets just like the rest of us.

only work if the club say no tickets will be taken but will never happen loads off my bus dont do away games now but would never slag any bear that does go to the matches

Can we not take a nominal number, which means the opposition need to provide security and can't fill the seats with their own fans.

It must be led by the club, they must refuse the allocation from the every other club.

If the "Uber-fans" persist in going they'll have to make their own ticketing arrangements with the host club.

Enjoy the away game at our place. Turn up at Ibrox, pay a fiver at the gate and have a great sing-song for 90 minutes. Club wins, we win.......

For the millionth time, we do not finance these clubs. If you think that 1000-4000 fans turning up once or twice a season is financing other clubs you’re absolutely delusional. Having no away support will have a detrimental effect on away form, the players always say in interviews how great out the numbers we travel in are. But some people would trade all that so that they can say they got something back on other clubs.

I think the fact the SPFL are now coming out claiming they had to give two clubs advances on payments mid season, due for not getting games against us maybe clears up the fact other Clubs rely on us.

The spfl no we will not boycott games so it gives them the green light to do whatever they want and other clubs will still get the blue pound

Unfortunately the way things are looking we are not going to be able to utilise Ibrox fully until everything is safe ,so we as supporters won’t be able to see our own club at home , so the flip side is other clubs will not be able to get the blue pound either as they will have to look after home fans, Rangers will suffer financially but with our support I’m 100% sure we will come out the other side but Fook knows what will be left of these shitty clubs that have using the blue pound for too long,

w
It must be led by the club, they must refuse the allocation from the every other club.

If the "Uber-fans" persist in going they'll have to make their own ticketing arrangements with the host club.
When we get back to normal, the next stick to beat us with will be singing banned songs, this is going to be our big battle going forward, points deduction will defo get brought up, especially if we get near them pointwise, away games make this easy for our enemies.

Less chance of a boycott of away games now that you will get membership points for attending. Folk will want as many points as possible and apply to buy away tickets whether they intend to go or not so they can build points up.

If you asked Gerrard how he felt about having no away fans at any games next season how do you think he would answer? He is forever going on about needing the fans behind the team.
If you ask Gerrard about how he felt about diddy clubs voting against everything Rangers & diddy clubs hurting us , & to punish these clubs by not financial supporting the haters & not filling there shitty grounds , am sure he would back anything that helps Rangers , but I can see the damage these other clubs do to Rangers off the park I lot of us bears do but others don't, some can't see the forest for the trees .

Less chance of a boycott of away games now that you will get membership points for attending. Folk will want as many points as possible and apply to buy away tickets whether they intend to go or not so they can build points up.

local pick ups all over the country. Get that portacabin from behind the Copland on a trailer to all away grounds

Everyone bangs on about abusing the travel club scheme why not all away games. I’ve yet to be at one where tickets aren’t getting passed about left right and centre.

Save the hassle enveloping and posting.

there are 3 of us (family) in travel club and away scheme all paid from one account. Every game individual envelopes posted to the house or for Euro games individual pick ups.
No ID no ticket although they did give my ticket to someone else for Vienna last season though, even though the box for me to sign was empty !

If you ask Gerrard about how he felt about diddy clubs voting against everything Rangers & diddy clubs hurting us , & to punish these clubs by not financial supporting the haters & not filling there shitty grounds , am sure he would back anything that helps Rangers , but I can see the damage these other clubs do to Rangers off the park I lot of us bears do but others don't, some can't see the forest for the trees .

No bother 'oh wise one'... :rolleyes:

I don’t see why this can’t be done. Even the threat of it should be made public to them before they vote. We need to start standing up for ourselves, because no one else is.

Vote to stop us having the chance of winning a title, you will not get a single blue penny when you need it most. Simple as that.

Edit: If we can’t do it for all home games, at least pick someone close to Lawell, like Livingston. Let other clubs see what happens if they keep backing that mob. Force them decide if more balanced decisions are worth the financial hit in the future.

With the proper organisation, theres no reason why it can't be done.

I don’t see why this can’t be done. Even the threat of it should be made public to them before they vote. We need to start standing up for ourselves, because no one else is.

Vote to stop us having the chance of winning a title, you will not get a single blue penny when you need it most. Simple as that.

Edit: If we can’t do it for all home games, at least pick someone close to Lawell, like Livingston. Let other clubs see what happens if they keep backing that mob. Force them decide if more balanced decisions are worth the financial hit in the future.
We can. We just won't. I hate to criticise our loyal travelling support, but I wish they would take a bit of short term pain, for long term gain. It wouldn't need to be a permanent boycott. One season without the blue pound would have an impact big enough on most clubs finances that they wouldn't want it for a second season. Instead, we pump hundreds of thousands of pounds into these clubs coffers year after year.

local pick ups all over the country. Get that portacabin from behind the Copland on a trailer to all away grounds

Everyone bangs on about abusing the travel club scheme why not all away games. I’ve yet to be at one where tickets aren’t getting passed about left right and centre.

there are 3 of us (family) in travel club and away scheme all paid from one account. Every game individual envelopes posted to the house or for Euro games individual pick ups.
No ID no ticket although they did give my ticket to someone else for Vienna last season though, even though the box for me to sign was empty !
Could you imagine a local pick up for a 7.45 game in Livingston with the amount of tickets we get? That’s not feasible

We allocate an area to dross of the like of Hamilton or St Johnstone circa 1000 tickets.

Plus we allocate a few hundred for segregation!

I’ve been at Ibrox dozens of times where the likes of these teams have brought about a 150-200 strong travelling support, and there’s no way their club is footing the bill for all the unsold tickets.

Therefore, why couldn’t our club take a full allocation of tickets at away grounds, not sell them (or “sell” a ticket amount of a couple hundred to players friends/family/hospitality) and hand the unsold back on the day of the match.
“Sorry but we couldn’t sell the tickets for some reason”

If clubs are losing money all that will happen is the spfl will put through a motion, probably with celtic backing that gives the other clubs more of a share of the prize money.

They will all jump at it and the vote will go through no problem. End result, we get less money and the others get more. Problem solved. If anybody doesn't think that will happen, I would suggest a doctors appointment.

Nothing better on here than causing a row between us than this subject. Make you wonder.

We can. We just won't. I hate to criticise our loyal travelling support, but I wish they would take a bit of short term pain, for long term gain. It wouldn't need to be a permanent boycott. One season without the blue pound would have an impact big enough on most clubs finances that they wouldn't want it for a second season. Instead, we pump hundreds of thousands of pounds into these clubs coffers year after year.
Most teams in the premier league had 4 seasons without Rangers and they survived that. Not a dig at you but if some teams go out of business it wont be because Rangers didn't take tickets.

Most teams in the premier league had 4 seasons without Rangers and they survived that. Not a dig at you but if some teams go out of business it wont be because Rangers didn't take tickets.

I'm with you mate, there is a weird selective memory about this type of thing. The same when talking about not having 4 Old Firm games for TV, the league survived this for 4 seasons.

First away game after lockdown ends then tickets will ge even more scarce than they normally are. A boycott is just unworkable.

I'm with you mate, there is a weird selective memory about this type of thing. The same when talking about not having 4 Old Firm games for TV, the league survived this for 4 seasons.
We do put a lot in to the Scottish game but we dont have the power to put teams under if we dont take tickets

I already do and have done since they tried to kill us. It's a personal choice. I understand the need to support the team away so it's a hard one

Aberdeen Celtic and hearts
You saw spares being passed left right and centre

Appreciate that, but they knew we'd be out the league and budgeted accordingly. They'll now be budgeting for at least 1 and possibly 2 home games against us, so I think they'd feel the hit if that doesn't materialise. Wouldn't put them out of business, but hopefully hit them hard enough to make them think twice about always siding against us and putting the boot in at every opportunity.

I think this is a question more for the bears who went to Tannadice in 2012.

Canvass those guys as to why they thought giving that rancid club money was good reward for their actions against our club and our fans.

Appreciate that, but they knew we'd be out the league and budgeted accordingly. They'll now be budgeting for at least 1 and possibly 2 home games against us, so I think they'd feel the hit if that doesn't materialise. Wouldn't put them out of business, but hopefully hit them hard enough to make them think twice about always siding against us and putting the boot in at every opportunity.
Aberdeen, Motherwell, Kilmarnock have not sold tickets to us when they could've. Most teams could give us more but choose not to. I sometimes think other teams actually prefer to lose money than be seen to "help" Rangers with more tickets.

It comes down to personal choice and circumstance. I went away when I was younger and have some great memories and shared experiences with my brother and mates.
10 years since my last away game, I can easily say I won’t give one more pound to another Scottish club but that doesn’t mean we should rob our fans of making those memories.

Posters saying a boycott is unworkable are partly correct but it's a personal thing, I've been going to see Rangers for 50 years and I used to go to as many away games as possible but not anymore. The last few years have shown there is a sickness and a hatred in the game here that didn't exist when I was younger. I sit at Ibrox with my 3 sons, 2 off my mates and 2 off their boys, and 1 off their brothers and son so 10 of us in total. Only 2 show any interest in away games and that's because they are teenagers, the rest of us very rarely go away and the biggest factor in that decision is we have no interest in giving some of the haters our money. A total boycott is probably unworkable but if the club were to come out on individual occasions and highlight things like the Livi CEO'S Twitter nonsense, I think it would work or at least make some of our own think a little more

Away games generate additional revenue for our club through the Membership scheme.

If no went to away games then no one would buy the Memberships.

Too many people just want a day out getting mwi.

I understand the difficulties and the allegiances that tear people on this, an almost halfway house (apologies if this has been covered in this thread, I've not raked through the 14 pages) would be to pick one team in particular to starve of the blue pound.
That way neither the team or the fans will be overly disadvantaged. Of course some will still go, but hopefully a drop in the ocean of the funds required to keep the ship afloat.

Back