Why can’t we boycott away games?

Most rangers away games will be on sky... so fill bluenose pubs...

What about supporting the team? What would Gerrard think about having no supporters at away games?

Those advocates of a boycott I take it wont be intrested in a Scottish cup semi/final ticket since the SFA have fucked us more than any other?

Last edited:
At the time of the 2012 vote to decide what Rangers 'punishment' should be, the club had hoped that it would limited to them being relegated to the first division, just one rung below the top Scottish Premier League (SPL). Eventually, 25 of the 30 clubs in the Scottish Football League voted to eject Rangers and force them to start life in the 4th Division, at the bottom of the Scottish footballing pyramid.

Several clubs - Hibs, Dundee Hibs, and celtc as I recall, led the charge, with later's views being announced in a stomach-churning statement - "...the integrity of the game was of paramount importance" and that the "decision to refuse access into the SPL was an overwhelming one and demonstrates the depth of feeling amongst everyone involved in Scottish football..." It was this group plus a few others, that held out for the maximum sanction to be applied to Rangers. However, at the time a number of other clubs, I believe, Motherwell for e.g., who were hesitant about agreeing to such a drastic punishment, but were pressured into going along by their various supporters clubs who warned that unless they voted for the max punishment, they would not in future purchase season tickets, thereby undermining the financial stability of clubs that were already in a precarious position.

If a boycott of away fixtures were to be organized by Rangers supporters, would it be a blanket ban of all clubs, or one that was restricted to the prime movers behind the conspiracy, i.e.. - Hibs, Dundee Hibs, and celtc?

So they should tbh because clubs in the SPL didn’t all go bust when we went down the divisions like some thought they would, so what’s the point in boycotting now?
The budgeted for rangers not being in the league .they now have a budget with rangers inn the league.it won,t kill off clubs if we boycotted away games but it would screw their budgets up a bit. Well at least for a season

I know it's crazy, but hear me out.......Because fans want to go to watch their team play football?
I've got to say, your niavety is quite touching.
Are you Scotland's Forrest Gump?
But you're right on one thing: it is crazy.
In the adult world things are more complicated. I'm sure you'll understand one day.

I’m lucky I get all tickets not allocated on cccs from bus due to a point system. I’m certainly not going to stop going because of a minority on FF that don’t like away support basically
If you think this is all about "a minority on FF" I really fear for the future of our club. If that's your considered response to this we are royally fucked. Your loyalty in the face of adversity would be commendable if it wasn't loyalty to yourself.

As standard those that don’t bother want the ones that do to chuck it.
I know plenty who have never put a penny into any of these clubs since 2012, people who never missed a game home or away and were just absolutely sickened by what went on, they either watch an away game in the house or the pub now.

I just don't get the mentality that people are quite happy to give their money to clubs that cost the club they support millions upon millions of revenue and the same clubs who took great delight in getting rid of us for a few years and yet our own supporters queue up to buy tickets from the same clubs.

What exactly will it take for our support to wake up ? We have been shat on from a great height by other clubs, the media treats us as a laughing stock, fans of other teams make up constant lies about us on a daily basis and it spreads far and wide and it saddens me to see people in my own support roll up and financially back those same clubs that bumped us into the basement of Scottish football and cost us millions. Absolutely bizarre why anyone would give any of those bastards a single penny from their own pocket given what they done to us.

I was thinking more because they will be struggling massively with the Coronavirus effects just now. It will surely impact them harder if they were denied our dosh on top of the virus effects.
Think that's a point a lot of the posters on here have missed!didn't they have super Saturday or some pish the first season,we were dropped downim sure by the time we got back up majority of clubs chairmen were desperate for our support,then we had the shenanigans of killie and hibs,last season cutting away ticket numbers,when football starts back THIS WOULD be a perfect time,for our away support,to boycott,even choose the clubs to boycott,would be even better,if only!

These threads are always depressing because they just show how short sighted (and sometimes selfish) a lot of fans are and why ultimately, a boycott wouldn’t work and why we’ll forever be the SPL’s doormat.

Think that's a point a lot of the posters on here have missed!didn't they have super Saturday or some pish the first season,we were dropped downim sure by the time we got back up majority of clubs chairmen were desperate for our support,then we had the shenanigans of killie and hibs,last season cutting away ticket numbers,when football starts back THIS WOULD be a perfect time,for our away support,to boycott,even choose the clubs to boycott,would be even better,if only!

Ah yes, super Saturday. ceptic literally had half their stadium tarped off. SPL with a season average attendance of 9k for season 12/13 with St. Johnstone pulling in 2100. It was an epic fail.

Ah yes, super Saturday. ceptic literally had half their stadium tarped off. SPL with a season average attendance of 9k for season 12/13 with St. Johnstone pulling in 2100. It was an epic fail.
Yes thought it went tits up,you know even if away bears did manage to organize a boycott it would hurt most of them financially,after this horrible episode we are in!

Yes thought it went tits up,you know even if away bears did manage to organize a boycott it would hurt most of them financially,after this horrible episode we are in!

Definitely. Starving them of hundreds of thousands of blue pounds would not only weaken their squads but also threaten their very existence with their margins being so tight.

Boycotting away games will never happen. I feel the best thing to do is ban all away supporters from Ibrox, so the ground is only full of Rangers fans.

As much as i get the rationale behind the post our rivals across the city would be laughing up their sleeves as not having fans at tough away grounds just puts us at a further disadvantage. With the governing body, refs and finance on their sode already, the only thing we have left is a better more loyal fan base.

As much as i get the rationale behind the post our rivals across the city would be laughing up their sleeves as not having fans at tough away grounds just puts us at a further disadvantage. With the governing body, refs and finance on their sode already, the only thing we have left is a better more loyal fan base.

How can we be at a worse disadvantage?
The blatant cheating by refs and officials this season shows what we are up against

We went to the piggery with 800 and won. We went to tynecastle with more fans and lost twice.

We wouldn’t need to boycott forever. One or 2 games to prove we can do it and they would sit up and take note

At the time of the 2012 vote to decide what Rangers 'punishment' should be, the club had hoped that it would limited to them being relegated to the first division, just one rung below the top Scottish Premier League (SPL). Eventually, 25 of the 30 clubs in the Scottish Football League voted to eject Rangers and force them to start life in the 4th Division, at the bottom of the Scottish footballing pyramid.

Several clubs - Hibs, Dundee Hibs, and celtc as I recall, led the charge, with later's views being announced in a stomach-churning statement - "...the integrity of the game was of paramount importance" and that the "decision to refuse access into the SPL was an overwhelming one and demonstrates the depth of feeling amongst everyone involved in Scottish football..." It was this group plus a few others, that held out for the maximum sanction to be applied to Rangers. However, at the time a number of other clubs, I believe, Motherwell for e.g., who were hesitant about agreeing to such a drastic punishment, but were pressured into going along by their various supporters clubs who warned that unless they voted for the max punishment, they would not in future purchase season tickets, thereby undermining the financial stability of clubs that were already in a precarious position.

If a boycott of away fixtures were to be organized by Rangers supporters, would it be a blanket ban of all clubs, or one that was restricted to the prime movers behind the conspiracy, i.e.. - Hibs, Dundee Hibs, and celtc?

Club led. If other clubs start to listen to our concerns and agree that there are Celtic placemen everywhere then restrictions on an away ban could be done club by club.

The other aspect we can play strongly back at these clubs is they should be looking to replace all these no mark club chairman who are in fact Celtic fans with someone from their club with their interests at heart. We don’t eat a rangers led carve up. We want fairness for all.

I know plenty who have never put a penny into any of these clubs since 2012, people who never missed a game home or away and were just absolutely sickened by what went on, they either watch an away game in the house or the pub now.

I just don't get the mentality that people are quite happy to give their money to clubs that cost the club they support millions upon millions of revenue and the same clubs who took great delight in getting rid of us for a few years and yet our own supporters queue up to buy tickets from the same clubs.

What exactly will it take for our support to wake up ? We have been shat on from a great height by other clubs, the media treats us as a laughing stock, fans of other teams make up constant lies about us on a daily basis and it spreads far and wide and it saddens me to see people in my own support roll up and financially back those same clubs that bumped us into the basement of Scottish football and cost us millions. Absolutely bizarre why anyone would give any of those bastards a single penny from their own pocket given what they done to us.
That’s fine mate, to you away games are about giving those clubs money. To those that go its about supporting Rangers.
It absolutely grates me that folk sit on an Internet forum who never go anyway telling those that go what to do and they are wrong. (Not saying this is you btw but there is plenty).

I see folk stating that they went 4 years without us as if it didn't hurt them.

Damn fucking right it hurt them, make no mistake.

That’s fine mate, to you away games are about giving those clubs money. To those that go its about supporting Rangers.
It absolutely grates me that folk sit on an Internet forum who never go anyway telling those that go what to do and they are wrong. (Not saying this is you btw but there is plenty).
Lowesy.you have A very,valid and good point,and can understand. Your feelings,I've been going since I was 8,now 68. ,,,don't get to many games now sadly,60years of following the famous thro the good the bad,the good and then the worst,but your right it doesn't give ME or anyone the right to dictate ,to you or anyone,if you should support your team to away games,the point I'm making if collectively we tried it,even half a season,most of these arsehole clubs would feel it financially!

It’s easy sitting on here & saying we shouldn’t do this or that, if & it’s a big if there is a protest to be made to the other clubs & SFA/SPFL it has to come from the club hierarchy, the way this is playing out that other mob will be declared *champions* one way or another unless UEFA/FIFA get involved.
There is ample time for the club to involve bus conveners & those on the away scheme & let them know that due to the way we are being treated in Scottish football & the way Scottish football is being ran for the benefit of one club that Rangers will not be accepting any tickets for away fixtures for the coming season & hope that the fans will understand the reasons why & support the club by not going to away grounds on their own, let the club converse with the fans who go away every other week, again that would be only if there is an appetite from Rangers to not take any away tickets from the other teams.

So when the gaffer himself praises the fans as an extra man eg. Hearts away he's a moron?

"The only mistake i seen in the interview, was that it was really 14 (men, rather than 13) because our fans were superb on the day"

Reply to Levein claiming we had 13 men due to decisions against them
The gaffer is going to praise the fans, of course he is, but are you saying our players need the fans there or they can't perform..?

I don't go to away games haven't for over 2 decades it's not for me to say but I would like to hear alternatives,
Other ideas that can make us as fans feel we are doing something and not just sitting back waiting for a club statement or for the club to do something .

I don’t see why this can’t be done. Even the threat of it should be made public to them before they vote. We need to start standing up for ourselves, because no one else is.

Vote to stop us having the chance of winning a title, you will not get a single blue penny when you need it most. Simple as that.
I think that is what we should do teams like livi. St Johnston depend on us filling there stands as they can’t and not as if they fill away section so if replay with we not come to Ibrox let’s fill it our selfs

No but I'm saying their support help the team and can raise their performance.
In an ideal world yes it can, but the players should also have some awareness that it hurts the Club to finance our enemies and understand if we do boycott. Not every team, that's wholly unrealistic, but pick one or two as an example to the others.

Our team don't do too badly at the Cesspit with only a few of our fans there.

These threads telling supporters to boycott away games need to stop. There isn’t a right or wrong answer to them, it’s all down to personal choice. I’ll support the club everywhere and anywhere, whether it takes me to paisley or aberdeen. Fair enough if you don’t want to go to away grounds but certainly don’t berate our own support for having a different opinion

These threads telling supporters to boycott away games need to stop. There isn’t a right or wrong answer to them, it’s all down to personal choice. I’ll support the club everywhere and anywhere, whether it takes me to paisley or aberdeen. Fair enough if you don’t want to go to away grounds but certainly don’t berate our own support for having a different opinion

The chances are it is those who have no intention of going to away matches anyway who are having a pop at those who do

Using every excuse under the sun with the "blue pound" being used the most to the point it is almost nauseating.

For some fans all they have to get away from the daily grind of life is getting to the football. For now even that has been taken away from these fans.

How can we be at a worse disadvantage?
The blatant cheating by refs and officials this season shows what we are up against

We went to the piggery with 800 and won. We went to tynecastle with more fans and lost twice.

We wouldn’t need to boycott forever. One or 2 games to prove we can do it and they would sit up and take note
Im sure the team could quoye many ganes the crowd have spurred them on to victory.

Its jalla bout opinion and its just mine that having fans at away grounds helps the team. I made a similar point about officials.

Back