Why did we sack Pedro?

Haven’t read any post on this thread. To answer the original post, it’s because he was shit.

Why you do that without a plan b, thats the work of amateurs

to then hand the club over to Kenny and his pals? Miller, Holt and Wilson have proved over the last few years they are Championship level players.

Pedro had us battering teams like Dundee and Hamilton earlier this season.
Because his expensive signing have been in the whole have been poor and we havent won 3 games in a row since he came

Herrera tonight and Pena looking like he's put weight on again might be a clue.
Herrera got great service from our magical midfielder Miller tonight, didn't he? I must have been watching a different game from you as he didn't get any service. Fat Pena has scored goals or have you not watched Rangers this season. Do you hate foreigners?

We would have won against accies and last night if pedro was still here

To sack him and have no replacement is baffling

I tend to agree with this. If we replaced him with a reputable manager within a week or 2 max then I could understand. But to sack him and then go down this route of nothing for 4 weeks, I find baffling.

Herrera got great service from our magical midfielder Miller tonight, didn't he? I must have been watching a different game from you as he didn't get any service. Fat Pena has scored goals or have you not watched Rangers this season. Do you hate foreigners?

He didn't touch the ball because he doesn't show for it/go looking for it in the same way that Morelos does. He's also one of the tallest players in the team and he can't win a header.

Pena has a diabolical touch, doesn't complete most passes, doesn't dribble, doesn't tackle and doesn't harry the opposition. Being able to pop up in the opposition penalty box to occasionally finish well doesn't make him a good attacking midfielder.

They are both fecking dreadful, and the fact that Pedro the charlatan saw them as better options than Naismith, Walker et al, highlights how badly suited he was to managing our club.

We sacked Pedo because he was the most bizzare appointment imaginable and we needed to save face.
We sacked Pero because he spunked money we can ill afford on two Mexican duds in a bit to show his 'international' credentials.
We sacked Pedro because his pressers were increasingly full of ramblings and madcap sound bites.
We wanted him to succeed, we really did, but sadly his appointment has ended up setting us back a long way in a short space of time.

We would have won against accies and last night if pedro was still here

To sack him and have no replacement is baffling
said similar, as for me to sack him after the Killie result was the work of a board that are playing at running the club and failing badly.

Pedro right now should still be in charge and if the board wanted a change they should have had a plan in place if things went wrong with pedro.

We sacked Pedo because he was the most bizzare appointment imaginable and we needed to save face.
We sacked Pero because he spunked money we can ill afford on two Mexican duds in a bit to show his 'international' credentials.
We sacked Pedro because his pressers were increasingly full of ramblings and madcap sound bites.
We wanted him to succeed, we really did, but sadly his appointment has ended up setting us back a long way in a short space of time.

thats just not true. The mhedia behaved towards him with a racist tone and attitude.

Not read the thread fully through but if Candeias hadn't hit one of the worst penalties I've seen against Kilmarnock, Pedro might still be in charge. Who knows how we'd have got on till now but them 5 minutes of Jack and Broadfoot carry on got him the sack

Sacking him was a knee jerk reaction the the Kilmarnock game but they should have had ideas it would be happening soon, especially following the Motherwell semi final, but i think had we beat Kilmarnock he'd still be there now

Pedro was absolutely honking as a manager, that’s why he was sacked, he couldn’t win 3 games in a row which is criminal for a Rangers manager on its own, he also managed to get us embarrassed against a team of European amateurs, pumped to Septic several times and also done at home to Dolly for the first time in 25 years.

I suspect people are trying to gloss over these aspects, he was dreadful and never a Rangers manager in a million years.

However to sack him without a proper plan to replay him does not reflect well on the board, it’s went on far too long now.

Last edited:
Pedro was absolutely honking as a manager, that’s why he was sacked, he couldn’t win 3 games in a row which is criminal for a Rangers manager on its on, he also managed to get us embarrassed against a team of European amateurs, pumped to Septic several times and also done at home to Dolly for the first time in 25 years.

I suspect people are trying to gloss over these aspects, he was dreadful and never a Rangers manager in a million years.

However to sack him without a proper plan to replay him does not reflect well on the board, it’s went on far too long now.

why didnt the board sack him after the europe result?

Alex McLeish is a great Rangers man and rightly deserves his place in Rangers history but that’s where he must remain.

This nonsense about him or any other intern Manager until the end of the season must stop.

It’s November for %^*& sakes, not April.

He should never have got the job and should have been sacked after getting pumped 5 1 at home off the paedos and again after the Luxembourg debacle.

A ridiculous appointmemt who was a decent guy but not in a million years what was needed.

Because he was a failure.

If we’d appointed McInnes and given him the same money, we’d be absolutely comfy in second at least and a lot closer to the kiddie touchers.

Did results merit a removal from position? - Yes
Would results since have been better/worse/same? - I'd argue better
Should they have waited until someone was lined-up to come in? - Probably, couldn't see it being any worse today under a "going" Pedro than we are

Because he was a rank rotten manager with no history of success anywhere

Because his results weren’t good enough, because he wasted too much of the transfer budget on dross, because he couldn’t control his dressing room. No point speculating what might have been if he’d stayed in charge. Like it or not, the Rangers manager has a higher benchmark than anyone else in Scotland - on and off the field. Pedro was an extremely engaging and likeable character but he wasn’t a Rangers manager.

The rumours are that he was sacked not just because results were poor - they were and enough on their own to merit binning him - but also because the situation at Auchenhowie was shambolic: backroom staff threatening to quit; players being treated deplorably by the manager; divisions within the squad, etc.

It simply couldn’t go on a day longer.

Did results merit a removal from position? - Yes
Would results since have been better/worse/same? - I'd argue better
Should they have waited until someone was lined-up to come in? - Probably, couldn't see it being any worse today under a "going" Pedro than we are

Yeah that's the way I see it as well mate!

Last season, it was really bad under Warburton but if my memory is right we were actually ahead of Aberdeen although they had games in hand. It truly fell to shit when he was sacked and we left Murty in charge for 6 weeks. We dropped 8 points out of a possible 12 and the players confidence seemed to plummet as well.

Exact same thing is happening this season.

No lessons learned.

The whole team was shocking last night quite a few them not foreigners.

Did you not see Herrera jump out of the way of the ball at the first goal? Do you not think a 20K a week striker who cost 1.5m should make some impact?

When it comes to Herrera and Pena you only have to look at the man who paid 4M-he hardly picked them-did he hate Mexicans?

can't help think we would have been beter keeping PC until xmas. i dont want to get into why he was given the job however if we start aproject and sack it after 1 transfer window we will be in limbo for an eternity.

can't help think we would have been beter keeping PC until xmas. i dont want to get into why he was given the job however if we start aproject and sack it after 1 transfer window we will be in limbo for an eternity.

What if the manager running 'the project' has a track record of winning (Pedro did not), has a track record of signing good players, does not spend 50% of the available budget on duds, puts a team on the park that can win 3 games on the bounce against trash and shows us moving forwards instead of backwards?

If that happened, the odd defeat would be far easier to take and some patience would be applied.

Part of the problem the board face is the Rangers support is not fucking stupid; We can see if something is working right now, if it might work in the future with some time, if a manager has proven himself in the past etc etc. Pedro ticked, right from the start, absolutely none of the boxes we needed.

It's patently obvious why he got sacked.

These threads remind me of the ones after Walter took over from PLG. Swap Miller and Wilson for Ferguson and Boyd.

Same truth then as now. Shit managers who recruit badly, lose too many games and can't pick a team never last long.

I said it on the last thread and I stand by it:

Pedro was sacked because some fans had a go at the board in the directors box at the end of the killie game. That made it personally affect them so they acted.

I said it on the last thread and I stand by it:

Pedro was sacked because some fans had a go at the board in the directors box at the end of the killie game. That made it personally affect them so they acted.
Totally agree. Ive said this a few times now and stand by it, the board reacted to fans being angry after the killie match and defeat to Motherwell.

If the worse Europe result wasn't enough to sack pedro then sacking him after these games i mention above and without a plan in place as to potential new managers shows the board up as behaving like amateurs

I want to know why we didn't have a replacement lined up when we sacked him, Or at least informally sounded someone out

It was a massive mistake to sack Pedro and done on the back of Motherwell kicking their way to a Final and lunatic refereeing and defending only days later against Killie at Ibrox. We are now a rudderless mess heading for the rocks.
Mate, I think the players played Pedro out. Reinstating the day off through the week was brought up as a quick win that Murty offered the players. Kenny was reintroduced. The laisse faire approach to maintaining disciplined positioning was reintroduced and the pish being served up is the outcome. The players don’t want the tough love approach.

When Pedro came in, there was no reaction.

Warburtons players never got a lift.

We stumbled from week to week, making excuses for him.

5-1 at home, the performance at Hampden against them, Progres. Personally I wouldve got rid of him after Progres. The warning signs were there.

We wanted him to succeed. He was given more time than he shouldve. The guy should have been nowhere near Ibrox in the first place.

I want the person or persons who forced his appointment through then sanctioned his signings sacked, gone, out the door. What a colossal shitfest we have at a time we could ill afford.

I actually find it hilarious that people are blaming Pena and/or Herrera because of the last couple of results...guys who haven't been involved.

Fact is, majority thought Pedro had to go - but if it was a choice between keeping him or sacking him and having a youth coach in charge I'd take Pedro all day. The board have basically killed off the season by sacking him and not replacing him.

What if the manager running 'the project' has a track record of winning (Pedro did not), has a track record of signing good players, does not spend 50% of the available budget on duds, puts a team on the park that can win 3 games on the bounce against trash and shows us moving forwards instead of backwards?

If that happened, the odd defeat would be far easier to take and some patience would be applied.

Part of the problem the board face is the Rangers support is not fucking stupid; We can see if something is working right now, if it might work in the future with some time, if a manager has proven himself in the past etc etc. Pedro ticked, right from the start, absolutely none of the boxes we needed.

More questions than answers for me..
id love a guy like your description as we all would. Who fits the bill?
How atractive an option are Rangers right now?
Name a manager that hasnt signed to "duds"....
Do you think we where going backwards when we where 6 points off a team setting undefeted records.
Do celtic spend about double what we do for a laugh or is that about the amount you need to spend to beat the rest?

Back