Why didnt we appeal their goal?

VAR checked the goal ffs. What more do people want ? There was also a Rangers player blocking McGregor's view, in front of the RB Leipzig player, so this will be why the goal was given tbh.
I don't even think that should matter the guy is just in front of Alan in 6 yard box! Had the scorer not hit it so well and it went to the other side it would be chopped off as it should have been regardless given where their player is in the area? Maybe done now but we should be asking for clarity on why the goal stood imo!

In the Braga game their players surrounded the ref after our first disallowed goal to protest that it had hit Barisic’s hand. This influenced the var team to ask the ref to have a look at it and if we had done the same we might have had the goal chopped off. Surely it was worth a try. Ref had a great game btw apart from booking for Goldson and Tav and wasn’t influenced by their attempts to win soft free kicks.

Some keeper do come to catch those kind of crosses and some don’t. Certainly don’t expect McGregor to although he could’ve but it didn’t directly lead to the goal. As well as it being a good strike there was a few things that could’ve stopped it. Definitely wouldn’t blame McGregor for it though and he wasn’t at fault for last night.

I don’t get the hyperbole everytime he makes a save though to make up for the criticism he’s gets. He didn’t make 3 great saves, he made 3 saves that any Rangers keeper should be saving as they were right at him.
So it's OK if he just 'saves' these shots but criticised for not coming for a ball that clearly isn't one he can come for due to the distance he's from the cross. If he starts to move the player can easily fire at near post

So it's OK if he just 'saves' these shots but criticised for not coming for a ball that clearly isn't one he can come for due to the distance he's from the cross. If he starts to move the player can easily fire at near post
I didn’t criticise him for the goal and quite clearly said I don’t blame him for it. If he conceded any of the shots he saved on Thursday night I’d have been massively disappointed as they’re all saves you expect the keeper to make.

Back