Why didnt we appeal their goal?

But… it was checked. All goals are.
If so then fair enough but it must of been a quick check then as game kicked off quickly.

Also none of the commentators even mentioned that a VAR check was in progress as they usually get notified which made me doubt it was actually checked.

If so then fair enough but it must of been a quick check then as game kicked off quickly.

Also none of the commentators even mentioned that a VAR check was in progress as they usually get notified which made me doubt it was actually checked.
They didn’t mention it because they don’t need to. It happens automatically.

As for kicking off, did you time the celebrations? The VAR check wouldn’t need to be long. Seconds and they can see several angles. Nothing untoward so nothing raised to referee.

You only have to go back to the game at Ibrox a giant Dortmund to see how VAR can get things wrong. It all depends on what footage and angle they are looking at. If the ref at Ibrox that night had seen all the angles then the Rangers 'winner‘ wouldn’t have been chopped off. Who knows what footage/angles they looked at tonight?

I'm astonished that after all these years of VAR posters - on a football forum - seem genuinely unaware that every goal is subject to a VAR review. Quite remarkable.
I’m more perturbed by the fact that as the weeks and months go by more and more of our support seem determined to adopt the dhims’ “always cheated never defeated” mantra.

Something we’ve taken great pride in mocking them for for years.

You only have to go back to the game at Ibrox a giant Dortmund to see how VAR can get things wrong. It all depends on what footage and angle they are looking at. If the ref at Ibrox that night had seen all the angles then the Rangers 'winner‘ wouldn’t have been chopped off. Who knows what footage/angles they looked at tonight?
I suppose u would have to be in the VAR Room to know all the angles for definite, but safe to say there will be camera's behind the goal and at the side of the pitch.

I want to know why we did not get our penalty. Does the Ref and VAR not understand that we get one in all these type of ties. Their goal was fine and I am happy it was only one. Means we get two penalties at Ibrox lol.

I thought it was offside, but after a few replays he is away to the side, not in direct eyeline. If anything McGregor is unsighted by a few of our players.
If that’s at the other end and gets chopped off, folk would be pissing boiling blood on here about cheating refs. Nothing surer.

The ball has travelled a bit here and McGregor's view still isn't blocked.
There's also a fair gap between him and the RB player.

There may have been a case if the ball went flying into his left hand post but it goes to his right hand. The only players blocking his view are Rangers players unfortunately.

I'm going to have to disagree...

7952608905846e389c6406f6bb6dff2146e4a24b70a5195520fc61455d5e1baf0d642bba.jpg

Last edited:
Hardly m8, just stating the facts. I am desperate to get through.
Referees and linesman are 100% calling players coming back from an offside position (an awful rule) but if a player is affecting the line of sight he would need to have been gouging the keeper's eyes out before a foul is given.

The ball has travelled a bit here and McGregor's view still isn't blocked.
There's also a fair gap between him and the RB player.

There may have been a case if the ball went flying into his left hand post but it goes to his right hand. The only players blocking his view are Rangers players unfortunately.

Yeah his view is blocked by Arfield Silva isn't even in his eyeline. Macgregor doesn't even appeal for it either once it hits the back of the net so that itself as well as VAR check tells you it's a goal.

Be good if our keeper could come for a nothing cross for once, honestly.
The cross itself was dealt with, the goal was a great strike. Did not see anything that we should feel nervous about next week, last two rounds have been against far better teams than them imo

Cant be bothered reading the whole thread but there has to be an argument for saying their forward was in line of McGregors's sight. I think I'm right in saying Shagger didnt seem to complain too much though!

The cross itself was dealt with, the goal was a great strike. Did not see anything that we should feel nervous about next week, last two rounds have been against far better teams than them imo
I think your seriously mistaken, we didn’t trouble their keeper and had around 36% possession, without the ball you don’t score. We don’t have a natural striker, just don’t see anyway we put two by them but I could be totally wrong.

If we scored that goal and it got flagged offside. Would anyone agree it was the correct decision? Because I find that doubtful

The one that got me was the goldson headknock to me that's potentially penalty as the boy had lead with his elbow it was his elbow that hit goldson not head

Very strange they didn't. Very strange people on here think there was no claim to be made either. Two players offside and in front of the keeper doesn't seem a problem???

Nobody is clutching at straws pal.

I don’t think anybody disagrees that it was a wonder strike, however the guy is an offside position (no debate about that) and also looks to be interfering with McGregors line of sight so it’s a valid question as to ask why wasn’t it checked.

Nothing desperate about asking the question as none of the commentators picked up on it either, albeit it’s a valid question.
Why did Mcgregor not go mental then if his view was blocked ? He would have been going bonkers at the ref if this was true.

I haven't seen it back but pretty sure the knock back came from quite a bit quite wide and definitely outside the 6 yard box. I don't think any keeper in the world is coming to get that
You’re right but that won’t stop the smarty pants “look at me, I don’t like McGregor anymore either” posters looking for a way to blame McGregor.

It’s a tremendous goal and there’s nothing wrong with it unfortunately.

It’s everything to play for next week and going into a home leg of a European semi final, that’s as good as it’s going to get folks.

With a bit of luck, we can take this one.

Back