Why didnt we appeal their goal?

Screenshot-20220428-215510-Chrome.jpg

Ball leaving the goalscorers foot... Offside no doubt

More annoyed that the corner came from the throw after Lundstram cleared it when play should have been stopped & a free kick awarded for handball.

What's the relevance of this? You want him to run 25 yards out to stop the shot from ever happening?
No I want him to be confident enough to come off his line reading a cross that was absolutely terrible. Nobody will convince me Mclaughlin doesn’t come and take that ball in the air preventing the ball being headed out for the player to volley it. Some strike but completely avoidable IMO.

The guy right in front of Greegsy isn't just in an offside position obstructing view, he moved his body to get out the way of the ball - therefore definitely interfering with play and offside.

No I want him to be confident enough to come off his line reading a cross that was absolutely terrible. Nobody will convince me Mclaughlin doesn’t come and take that ball in the air preventing the ball being headed out for the player to volley it. Some strike but completely avoidable IMO.

I haven't seen it back but pretty sure the knock back came from quite a bit quite wide and definitely outside the 6 yard box. I don't think any keeper in the world is coming to get that

Screenshot-20220428-215510-Chrome.jpg

Ball leaving the goalscorers foot... Offside no doubt

…..but the Leipzig player doesn’t impede with McGregor’s vision or make an attempt to interfere. Not much to argue to be honest (apart from the fact that McGregor could’ve came for a nothing cross or Sakala could’ve left it for lundstram to get a better header away)

I haven't seen it back but pretty sure the knock back came from quite a bit quite wide and definitely outside the 6 yard box. I don't think any keeper in the world is coming to get that

Sakala literally headers it on the 6yd line in the middle of the goal mate. (Maybe 6.5yds out)

Anyone calling for VAR on that goal has not watched much football involving VAR. We'll do the job at Ibrox.

Aye but some half wits in our support do incredible mental gymnastics to try and blame McGregor for absolutely every goal we concede this season. It’s mind numbing shite.

From the front on angle i think it's just a great strike, unlucky to go down to it but shit happens. More than capable of winning it at Ibrox.

Great strike. It would have been harsh to disallow it but there is no doubt that there is an RBL player in an offside position directly in McGregor’s line of sight.

VAR checked the goal ffs. What more do people want ? There was also a Rangers player blocking McGregor's view, in front of the RB Leipzig player, so this will be why the goal was given tbh.

Back