Why didnt we appeal their goal?

Some of the replies on this thread are mental, whether you disagree with the OP viewpoint or not, at least grow up enough to save throwing out insults.

Its clearly contentious given the split of the replies...in my view theres 2 of them in offside position blocking Greegs view so personally think it should have been given offside...but it wasnt given so we regroup and get at them at Ibrox...as one...together.

WATP

Let me ask you a question. Do players need to ask the question for VAR to be checked?

Or perhaps the wee blokes in the VAR office do what they are meant to do and check everything
Your confidence in the officials is remarkable.
McGregor tells the ref he couldn't see and was blocked by an offside player.
VAR checks and notes that was indeed the case (maybe)

However, nobody appeals and that consideration isn't checked. VAR assume McGregor had a great view and it is all hunky dorey.

Its the semi final in europe and i will clutch every straw going.

It's been said by others but apparently needs said again... VAR checks all goals.
If it should have been disallowed, it would have been.

Players appealing makes no difference whatsoever and it was checked. It stings, but I'll take 1-0. Game on!

Your confidence in the officials is remarkable.
McGregor tells the ref he couldn't see and was blocked by an offside player.
VAR checks and notes that was indeed the case (maybe)

However, nobody appeals and that consideration isn't checked. VAR assume McGregor had a great view and it is all hunky dorey.

Its the semi final in europe and i will clutch every straw going.
Oh my god, do you not think the wee guy in the VAR checks the keepers view? They will have looked at that AND considered the keepers view without greegs having to ask them

Dows anyone think Shagger wouldn’t go mental if he really did think he was impeded?

Unless I missed it, he didn’t. That’s telling in terms of the lack of appeal from him, who we know isn’t slow on opinions.

why don't you
VAR checked the goal ffs. What more do people want ? There was also a Rangers player blocking McGregor's view, in front of the RB Leipzig player, so this will be why the goal was given tbh.
again the Ferry coming with the support of the opposition

They guy was in the way enough that he turned away from the ball as it headed toward him

giphy-downsized-large.gif

giphy.gif
Fucking hell. I wish I could say it was offside I really do.

That guy is in line with the goal post when that ball is struck, McGregor is in the middle of his goals.
Our own players are blocking McGregor's view more than the RB player.

That's not offside, he wasn't interfering.

If that was the other way around we would have rioted if that was chalked off.

If course he was interfering. If he's
VAR checked the goal ffs. What more do people want ? There was also a Rangers player blocking McGregor's view, in front of the RB Leipzig player, so this will be why the goal was given tbh.

It doesn't matter a %^*& if a Rangers player was blocking his view ffs. An opposition player was in an offside position. He gained his team an advantage in doing so. He moved out the way of the shot. Was he directly in McGregor's line of sight. Probably not, but he was clearly within his field of view.

Did they ? Must of been the quickest check in history then as the game started quickly. If they did check it was it Clancy that checked it as it was a mile offside.

Another week another example of folk thinking that because they don’t understand the rules or because they have visual deficiencies that it makes the officials wrong…

Oh my god, do you not think the wee guy in the VAR checks the keepers view? They will have looked at that AND considered the keepers view without greegs having to ask them
VAR has made mistakes before, it is not 100% impenetrable, not when humans are involved in the decisions.

I haven't seen it back but pretty sure the knock back came from quite a bit quite wide and definitely outside the 6 yard box. I don't think any keeper in the world is coming to get that
Its an outswinging corner, should start 1-2 yards off his line and read the cross. Nobody will convince me otherwise.

That guy is in line with the goal post when that ball is struck, McGregor is in the middle of his goals.
Clear on that first one. He's in an offside position yes but he's not interfering with play or blocking McGregors vision. Sadly.

For what? Usually needs a foul or an offside to appeal for something.
There was an offside that's what for but whether it would have been chopped off who knows but a check should have taken place! Their player that tried to con a penalty should have been booked after the var check imo not to mention two tackles on Kent especially after seeing what Goldson and Tav got booked for in dying mind?

How do you know Var checked it? Nothing was said about it on my telly so how do you know? Honest question

If course he was interfering. If he's

It doesn't matter a %^*& if a Rangers player was blocking his view ffs. An opposition player was in an offside position. He gained his team an advantage in doing so. He moved out the way of the shot. Was he directly in McGregor's line of sight. Probably not, but he was clearly within his field of view.
Wrong m8. It DOES matter if a defender ALSO blocks the goalkeeper's view, as is the case here. Otherwise, there would certainly be a case to answer, as the Leipzig player is clearly offside and, arguably, blocking McGregor's view. BUT VAR WOULD HAVE CHECKED THIS.

I've got some spare straws here, if you want to come and clutch at them.
Nobody is clutching at straws pal.

I don’t think anybody disagrees that it was a wonder strike, however the guy is an offside position (no debate about that) and also looks to be interfering with McGregors line of sight so it’s a valid question as to ask why wasn’t it checked.

Nothing desperate about asking the question as none of the commentators picked up on it either, albeit it’s a valid question.

Nobody is clutching at straws pal.

I don’t think anybody disagrees that it was a wonder strike, however the guy is an offside position (no debate about that) and also looks to be interfering with McGregors line of sight so it’s a valid question as to ask why wasn’t it checked.

Nothing desperate about asking the question as none of the commentators picked up on it either, albeit it’s a valid question.
But… it was checked. All goals are.

Did they ? Must of been the quickest check in history then as the game started quickly. If they did check it was it Clancy that checked it as it was a mile offside.
The VAR certainly checked it quickly, I'll give you that, but they have more than one official in the VAR room and multiple angles.

There was an offside that's what for but whether it would have been chopped off who knows but a check should have taken place! Their player that tried to con a penalty should have been booked after the var check imo not to mention two tackles on Kent especially after seeing what Goldson and Tav got booked for in dying mind?
The goal would have been subject to a VAR review mate, whether we appealed or not. They saw nothing wrong with it. Player clearly in a position that could be deemed offside but adjudged to not have been obstructing McGregor's view. We can argue VAR got it wrong but we can't really argue it wouldn't have been checked.

As for VAR checks for bookings - doesn't happen. Not part of the remit.

Mate, the guy is hitting the shot from about 6 yards outside the post.

Back