Why do some people go to the games?

dt17

The Jay Cartwright of FF
Older guy (60s probably) sat a couple of rows in front of me in CF1. From the first whistle all he did was shout dogs abuse at the players. No encouragement, just constant abuse. He was blue in the face shouting at Naismith as well. Shouting and bawling at the linesman about an offside decision (it was offside) telling the lino he doesn't know the rules etc.

Anyway, we go 2-0 up and he gets up and leaves.

Struggling to see why someone like that bothers going to Ibrox? He sits through the dullest part of the game getting angrier and angrier - then when we finally look half decent and start playing well, he chucks it?

Older guy (60s probably) sat a couple of rows in front of me in CF1. From the first whistle all he did was shout dogs abuse at the players. No encouragement, just constant abuse. He was blue in the face shouting at Naismith as well. Shouting and bawling at the linesman about an offside decision (it was offside) telling the lino he doesn't know the rules etc.

Struggling to see why someone like that bothers going to Ibrox? He sits through the dullest part of the game getting angrier and angrier - then when we finally look half decent and start playing well, he chucks it?

I sat in my cousins seat at the killie game CF1 row b can’t remeber seat number but guy behind me honestly moaned like feck for the whole game reading your post makes me think it’s the same guy , glad I sit in the east enclosure and not near him every game

I sat in my cousins seat at the killie game CF1 row b can’t remeber seat number but guy behind me honestly moaned like feck for the whole game reading your post makes me think it’s the same guy , glad I sit in the east enclosure and not near him every game
I sit in the east enclosure and have 2 old grumpy halfwits competing to be the most abusive. Laughable half the pish they shout out.

I’ve been in my seat 18 years roughly. Thankfully I outlasted a few of the above described idiots. It’s almost like they only go to vent & take no pleasure from us or our players doing well.
One guy sits a few rows in front of me and we were both at the top of the Copland while we waited on the final whistle.
Started all his usual pish when MOH came on, then when he won a free kick the cretin seemed to take it personally and left right away.
Hopefully it was a one way door he left through

That’s fu.ck all, you should’ve been in the match thread!

9 seconds it took the guy behind me to start. 9 fukn seconds! Ball was played back and knocked inside and he went tonto because it wasn't launched up the park straight from kick off.

Not a lot different at the match than it is on here in a daily basis. Some folk just like a good moan, some are downright abusive; I often wonder if the sticky about abusing players and staff has any relevance whatsoever.

Been a pretty awful season right enough.:(

Pet hate at the football. Some people only criticse and never give anything positive.

Sometimes it's good to vent. Do you feel better :D

Was this the guy who was calling judas a scab the whole game? He was doing my nut in.

Sadly Ibrox is becoming full of folk like this, partly why I gave up my ST two years ago to be honest, I just wasn't enjoying it anymore having to sit around folk who were only concerned with shouting and bawling at our own players.

It's also why I think our home form has become so rank, the atmosphere inside Ibrox can become toxic at times and can't be enjoyable to play in, away players can sense that and exploit it.

Finally, most football fans (not just bears) don't really have a clue about football in general so shouting and bravado is all part of their 'enjoyment'.

I remember being at a game and some guy was red in the face shouting at Maurice Ross.

What made this a bit unusual was that the players were warming up an the game has not even started.

I am getting totally fućking scunnered by the cuckold cunts that sit in prey, awaiting a Rangers error.

They should use the £480 that they spend for their s/t for 12 or 13 30 minute session in Tne Blutheswood Steam Room. It will offset the inadequacies that arise from the fact that their wives are n charge 24/7 - 365.

I remember being at a game and some guy was red in the face shouting at Maurice Ross.

What made this a bit unusual was that the players were warming up an the game has not even started.

Maurice Ross was absolutely Dot Cotton tbf mate

It's a funny old game. We all have our own ways to enjoy? the match.

Some of the people around me at the game today were a joke. Never seen them before and hopefully never see them again.

If we were winning things these people would be getting posted on here for laughs and not ridiculed.

As for the guy going to the toilet 4 times it might be a guy I know who goes to all games home and away but unfortunately has a bladder problem.

i worked with a guy who went to raith rovers home games just so he could shout abuse at the players and staff the whole game, win, lose or draw.

it was like some kind of therapy for him.

I was there today, didn’t give out any abuse to the players but I wouldn’t pull up anyone for doing so. It’s a big financial commitment for some and we’ve been served a pile of crap for the best part of this season. Sometimes I don’t understand it but this season....

It has been like that for years. I remember the abuse Craig Moore used to get when he was a youngster coming through.
Smith used to play him at full back mind you which wasn't his best position.

Abusing players never helped anyone but we do seem to have our fair share who love doing it.

The ones that shout the loudest tend to be the ones that know little to nothing about football

I mind being at hampden for a semi final vs st johnstone and someone in front of me said: "if that linesman puts his flag up once more im gonna shove it up his arse!"

Aye cos its his fault we kept getting caught offside!

My area seems particularly bad for people who don’t seem to appreciate that keeping possession is important.

Loads of them around me in GR7. Now I understand the frustration right now, I have a quiet moan to myself when things aren't going well but when we have a nice passage of play I cheer, clap and encourage the team. At one point today, Dorrans won the ball back with a great tackle and the guy in front of me gave him abuse for it, for which I have no reason why. He never clapped the full game, not once, even when we scored. Strange people.

Was at hospitality for the Dundee game and the guy in front of us was the same. Effing and blinding, various players were “useless lady's front bottom”s. It was quite embarrassing - I fancied hospitality as a ‘treat’ and his language was worse than the usual in the Copland Rear.
Everyone’s entitled to their opinion (and pay a hell of a lot to watch some amount of rubbish at times) but some folk need to calm down and remember there are other folk around.

I sit in the East enclosure and some guy behind me is the same, I wouldn't mind as much if these guys had as much to say when the team produce some good stuff. I guess that they don't understand the meaning of the word "support".

W.A.T.P.

Always remember when I was younger, guy in front of us despised and I mean really despised Scott Wilson, used to scream abuse everytime he touched the ball.

Only player in 5-6 years he ever shouted at, actually think might have been a personal thing as it was weird how mad he got, yet was silent every other time.

I remember sitting in a friends seat in the Main stand (ST was Govan Rear), and a woman behind me stood up and yelled: "DE BOER - GAE HAME!"

To be honest, I can't even imagine what she was spouting when Black and Daly were treading the turf. Some folk go just to scream, I guess

Back