• No Silver

Votes: 170 17.7%
  • Yes Bronze

Votes: 150 15.6%
  • No Bronze

Votes: 176 18.4%

• Total voters
120 points available for ST for 5 seasons = 600
5 points per home league game attendance = 350 points (minus covid season + games in 19/20)

Theres 950 points right off the bat everyone has available to them and that’s before we get to RTV, away games, euro games etc
What's the cut offs for silver and gold?

Yip. We had people posting last year that the numbers will drop substantially but they’ve ended up increasing. I appreciate the run to Seville will have played a part but I think on the whole people are satisfied with mygers.
Wouldn’t appear to be the case on social media. Can’t remember as many outspoken people last season in all honesty

Depends what the extras are in years to come I suppose,as long as there’s many tens of thousands with an interest in domestic aways,euro aways & tickets for Hampden it will sell as many memberships as it always has,a tweak to making the distribution of Cat A tickets fairer and it wouldn’t be far away from a decent scheme imo.
I think hearts/Celtic should be gold only, aberdeen gold with a small silver allocation

Then in turn, a slightly smaller gold % for Motherwell/Dundee Utd/Hibs (if full stand) to make up for it. Would only require a slight tweak

I think hearts/Celtic should be gold only, aberdeen gold with a small silver allocation

Then in turn, a slightly smaller gold % for Motherwell/Dundee Utd/Hibs (if full stand) to make up for it. Would only require a slight tweak
100% agree

So you want everyone in high gold to get top down tickets for every domestic away game on top that happening for the European aways and everyone else just needs to buy the extras if they want to catch up?
Yes. Why do you think everyone is top of gold - because they have bought the extras and put additional revenue into the club.

Every single supporter has the exact same opportunity to acquire the exact same number of points over the next 3/5 years. If someone decides not to then that is a self choice and does not make it a closed shop.

I'm failing to see where your reply fits in with my post.
I haven't mentioned fat cats, hospitality, away games,additional charges etc.
I have listed the reality of the Mygers scheme for new Bronze members.(non ST)
I think that it reflects the reality accurately.
Unless you dispute that ?
Apologies it was meant as a post not a reply to your post,

Yes. Why do you think everyone is top of gold - because they have bought the extras and put additional revenue into the club.

Every single supporter has the exact same opportunity to acquire the exact same number of points over the next 3/5 years. If someone decides not to then that is a self choice and does not make it a closed shop.
Mate, I don’t know if I’m just not getting myself across clear enough but do you not see how everybody having the same opportunity changes if it were to be top down for domestic away games? Silver and Bronze would not get near gold no matter what they did. You do not need to buy extras to have enough points to of got any of the top down European away allocations since Mygers started either. Domestic away allocations are what helps Silvers move up with the odd Euro game. Bronze probably do need to buy extras.

If we do what you suggest it is 100% a closed shop. Find it extremely puzzling that you’d suggest anything otherwise. If you want a guaranteed ticket every game just say that!

Mate, I don’t know if I’m just not getting myself across clear enough but do you not see how everybody having the same opportunity changes if it were to be top down for domestic away games? Silver and Bronze would not get near gold no matter what they did. You do not need to buy extras to have enough points to of got any of the top down European away allocations since Mygers started either. Domestic away allocations are what helps Silvers move up with the odd Euro game. Bronze probably do need to buy extras.

If we do what you suggest it is 100% a closed shop. Find it extremely puzzling that you’d suggest anything otherwise. If you want a guaranteed ticket every game just say that!
I don’t think you know what the term closed shop means.

MyGers is a rolling five year period. Every single person has the same opportunity to acquire the exact same points. Meaning if there is a maximum of 1000 points available between right now and five years time, a person currently in gold and a person currently in bronze would have the same amount of points if they wanted to. Not sure how you don’t get this.

Domestic away allocation helps silver and bronze move up? What are you taking about? Every person received the same amount of points for both registration and for purchase of away match tickets last season - irrespective of how many games the registered for or how many tickets they bought.

I don’t think you know what the term closed shop means.

MyGers is a rolling five year period. Every single person has the same opportunity to acquire the exact same points. Meaning if there is a maximum of 1000 points available between right now and five years time, a person currently in gold and a person currently in bronze would have the same amount of points if they wanted to. Not sure how you don’t get this.

Domestic away allocation helps silver and bronze move up? What are you taking about? Every person received the same amount of points for both registration and for purchase of away match tickets last season - irrespective of how many games the registered for or how many tickets they bought.
They would not have the same points because the gold member would be offered all European away tickets and in your preferred solution all domestic away tickets also. The lower tier members would not have an opportunity to build points. That by definition is a closed shop.

If that’s true regarding everybody getting a set amount of points for registering and purchasing tickets regardless of how many it was then of course that should change. I was under the impression registration gave no points and purchasing a ticket you were offered did give points.

When I initially posted in the thread it wasn’t a staunch defence of Mygers, lack of ticket collection for Euro tickets and the extras have caused a really skewed system. I just intensely dislike the narrative that Gold members aren’t being rewarded or they’re getting less than they used to. CCCS would be infinitely worse.

I'm saying no but probably change my mind next season. Work offshore and just checked fixture list, I've been to 2 games so far this season and between now the split I get 5 more home league games and have yet to get to a cup game this season, so wee bit pee'd off with fixture list home games but will probably give in next season and renew both

WATP

Over 51,000 members is some going,numbers are flying up.

Goes against everything you read on here.

Voted Yes in gold as I get European aways. If I stop doing the trips or they separate that out then it really isn’t worth it for me. Domestic Aways are a waste of time (one cat A game out of 6 allocated) and I would take my chances in our RSC ballot for finals and semi-finals if needed.

Well you get the tickets in. Just dont tell the rest of us how many we got. :))

Yes, bronze and will renew.

In 2013/14 I wanted a membership scheme to financially support Rangers. I didn't expect anything in return and consider it a donation to help fund the club and I still consider that to be the same.

That’s one of the reasons my Gers does work. It helps to weed out the glory hunters and big game hunters and rewards fans on the basis of the more games you attend, the more points you get.

It’s not perfect but it does have some merit.
To all the complainers - give me your ideas for a system that would suit everyone.

They would not have the same points because the gold member would be offered all European away tickets and in your preferred solution all domestic away tickets also. The lower tier members would not have an opportunity to build points. That by definition is a closed shop.

If that’s true regarding everybody getting a set amount of points for registering and purchasing tickets regardless of how many it was then of course that should change. I was under the impression registration gave no points and purchasing a ticket you were offered did give points.

When I initially posted in the thread it wasn’t a staunch defence of Mygers, lack of ticket collection for Euro tickets and the extras have caused a really skewed system. I just intensely dislike the narrative that Gold members aren’t being rewarded or they’re getting less than they used to. CCCS would be infinitely worse.
You just don’t get it. I am right. You are wrong. You don’t even know how points are allocated. I’m not continuing this.

I’ve never signed up for it , never will, but I’m quite happy to just attend home games only these days …. Paying for a chance to get an away ticket against teams who tried to bury us… no thanks

You just don’t get it. I am right. You are wrong. You don’t even know how points are allocated. I’m not continuing this.
You just come across as somebody who wants a ticket guaranteed for themselves every game and %^*& everybody else to be honest. Thankfully the club will never do it in the way you suggest. You're getting more tickets than what you would if it was still CCCS, that's a fact. The problem is you and others on the thread aren't getting rewarded "enough", which basically means everything going. You are guaranteed European and Cup games and over 4 Domestic League away games a season, there's a poster on this thread who got eight and I personally know folk who got between six and eight. I'm still at a loss as to understanding what your issue with the scheme is or what you think you're missing out on. Somehow I doubt it's some sort of altruistic "I want it to be great for everyone" attitude.

Last edited:
You just come across as somebody who wants a ticket guaranteed for themselves every game and %^*& everybody else to be honest. Thankfully the club will never do it in the way you suggest. You're getting more tickets than what you would if it was still CCCS, that's a fact. The problem is you and others on the thread aren't getting rewarded "enough", which basically means everything going. You are guaranteed European and Cup games and over 4 Domestic League away games a season, there's a poster on this thread who got eight and I personally know folk who got between six and eight. I'm still at a loss as to understanding what your issue with the scheme is or what you think you're missing out on. Somehow I doubt it's some sort of altruistic "I want it to be great for everyone" attitude.
Ive had 1 Cat A ticket out of 10 and I’ve been Gold the full time. That’s a bad system.

It’s in black and white m8
As I said not a true reflection
Join all you want and pay the cash
But then face its problems

Rangers praise its numbers but don't acknowledge its failures?

As I said not a true reflection on what is going on

Reason I initially liked and joined was because I thought it was a Club membership of Rangers, for fans all over the world to be part of the club and benefit. It still is in some ways but now it is much more about gathering points and some folk obsessing over tickets.
Can’t see how Bears around the world would be as attracted to being a member as they should be.

As I said not a true reflection
Join all you want and pay the cash
But then face its problems

Rangers praise its numbers but don't acknowledge its failures?

As I said not a true reflection on what is going on
Definitely improvement to be made domestically ticket wise but no one can argue with the strength of numbers with Mygers,it’s flying.

51 k loads will get f##k all tickets
Out of these 51k MyGers member - around I reckon 10k are forced to be members in order to just gain access to the waiting list to have a chance to purchase a season ticket before anything else

Yes. But only for the occasions where everyone gets for Euro aways or when they decide to sell uncollected tickets to punters on the day of the match. I had to start from zero this season so it's pretty much pointless for me now.

I'll add that I think it's a shocking system. I said from the start it was a 'who has the most money' scheme and was shouted down. I think most can see it for what it is now that they've introduced bullshit such as B team season tickets and such like.

I was in it first 2 years and binned it this year.

I still get tickets for every home game and happy with that. No need for My Gers as I am not interested in away games or Hampden

I’m same as you. Binning it next season. Done with Hampden.

Reactions: GF1
I'm keeping it just now for euro aways. I am climbing up though without addons and will continue to do so as CCCS points drop off.

Once I stop doing euro aways though it's getting binned

I'm keeping it just now for euro aways. I am climbing up though without addons and will continue to do so as CCCS points drop off.

Once I stop doing euro aways though it's getting binned
Why would you stop doing euro aways?

I’ll be doing them till I drop can’t imagine not:)
I thought that 20 years ago too. Next year is bus pass time and unless I retire soon or get more holidays to take longer trips it catches up on you especially when it's so far to the airports :))

Top down games also allocating points to the top, keep them there. Maybe some big games should be top down but those shouldn't also get position preserving points that exclude those below. You know this is what contributes to the closed shop and you're desperate to keep it that way. It's why this vote shows almost 50% of silver and bronze ready to quit.

I always giggle when someone tries to debate you on MyGers allocation mate lol

He obviously knows his stuff regarding MyGers as his breakdown posts show. But on the point about every person from top of gold to bottom of bronze having the same points available to them if they are willing to grab them, he is 100% wrong mate.

Most euro aways are not available to everyone, so that part is not accurate, as we all know.

I say that as a gold member who has only missed out on Dortmund from the games I applied for.

He obviously knows his stuff regarding MyGers as his breakdown posts show. But on the point about every person from top of gold to bottom of bronze having the same points available to them if they are willing to grab them, he is 100% wrong mate.

Most euro aways are not available to everyone, so that part is not accurate, as we all know.

I say that as a gold member who has only missed out on Dortmund from the games I applied for.
Braga
Belgrade
USG
Ajax
All dropped to 20 MyGers points.

B Team season ticket
Womens team season ticket
Programmes
RTV
EH membership

All available to everyone.

Euro aways has to be top down considering folk who are prepared to go everywhere regardless of tie deserve priority over people who only want to attend Liverpool away.

Braga
Belgrade
USG
Ajax
All dropped to 20 MyGers points.

B Team season ticket
Womens team season ticket
Programmes
RTV
EH membership

All available to everyone.

Euro aways has to be top down considering folk who are prepared to go everywhere regardless of tie deserve priority over people who only want to attend Liverpool away.

I agree it should be top down and that benefits me for the most part mate. Not arguing that.

My point was the hypothetical post about if 1000 points were available over the next 5yrs, then all MyGers members have the same chance to get that 1K.

Unless every team we play away in europe gave us over 40k tickets, then it is factually impossible for everyone to be able to accumulate all the available points.

That was the part I was saying is 100% wrong.

They have me over a barrel for Hampden. £40 a year just to be in the hat for a semi or a final.

Other than that I get nothing out it and would happily bin it, 2/3 away games a season that outwith 2/3 places you can easily pick up a ticket for.

Ive had 1 Cat A ticket out of 10 and I’ve been Gold the full time. That’s a bad system.
Im gold and have done brilliantly with cat A games but haven’t got many of the lower ranked games,

I had hearts end of season and have had hibs and Aberdeen this season.

Don’t seem to get anywhere near the normal games sadly, as for me it’s more about as many games as possible rather than the better games for want of a better word. Prefer watching Rangers don’t really give a %^*& if it’s Brechin or Barcelona, as many of us have proven over the last 10 years

Do you still generate points if not on mygers?

Ie if I didn’t renew mygers next season but then I did the year after would I start from zero?

Do you still generate points if not on mygers?

Ie if I didn’t renew mygers next season but then I did the year after would I start from zero?
It seems to still accrue them. Anyone new joining starts with the points they have already accrued not zero so I doubt that points will drop off with a break in membership

Back