Windass - Weak link

Windass offered nothing tonight. In the main I think he has improved this season, and the lad is still only 22. Wouldn’t write him off just yet.

i have to say that the few flashes in earlier games have far been outweighed by literally nothing since, a pity because i was hoping he could do a turn for us, he just doesn't seem to be cutting it but its early days so i wont right him of yet.

Wasn't impressed again. Really poor first half. Slightly better 2nd.

Didn't do much, lacks a footballing brain and extremely wasteful. Surprised he lasted 85+ minutes. He's not a left winger.

Patience is wearing thin with Windass.

Have to be honest and say Windass contibuted very little tonight, easily our poorest performer.
He started the season promisingly but has do little to merit his starting place in the past 4 or 5 games, we are as good as being a man short.

I don't think we had any poor performers tonight, I actually thought he worked hard and contributed

It is clearly a position though where we need to add quality

Holds the ball to long when the rest are doing one touch and moving forward into space, as many have said seems to lack the vision when others are trying to put a fast pace to the game only to be slowed down by him going nowhere and running into trouble...

Big issue for me is that we have a real offensive asset in Declan John and not withstanding his inability to provide anything positive himself, he is incapable of bringing John into the game, Compare for instance how well Tavernier and Candeias have linked in many games this season,

Unfortunately it looks like he is only putting in about 1 good game for every 4 bad ones...shame because he does have some creative talent.

Used to think there was a player in there somewhere, but flatters to deceive more often than not, passenger who needs dropped, unfortunately.

Wallace will come back in at left back, DJ to play infront of him. Dalcio or Nemane can't be impressing in training if Windass continually gets picked

Windass is the weakest link and unfortunately must be displaced. He is simply not Rangers class.His lack of effort and passion merely confirms no mount of coaching will get him to the standards we require.

He's a problem for sure. I just don't think he has the mentality to be here and I'm beginning to think he'll never develop it. If Pedro can't get 90 minutes out of him when he can with the other lads then you've got to think Windass has an attitude problem.

He's a skillful wee player too and it annoys me to see him go down that Barry McKay route of being a great player who's useless.

A guy I was hoping would do well after a wee bit of early promise but let's face it it he's just not got it.
Get rid.

He’s an empty jersey.

Those 2 or 3 good performances he strung together were an absolute anomaly. The shite served up 95% of the time is what he’s all about. Not even close to being anywhere near good enough.

Windass offered nothing tonight. In the main I think he has improved this season, and the lad is still only 22. Wouldn’t write him off just yet.

I see your point.
But I still don't think he is good enough and I doubt he will ever be good enough.

People talk about game sense, pitch geography, movement off the ball...........Windass has none of that.
Just none.

Worse he doesn't even give you a shift like Kenny Miller does.
he isn't capable of that essentially productive hard graft that we can see in our very average opponents.

I would personally rather see Beerman in Windass's position.

I really think a hard working all action player on this flank would be a huge piece in the team jigsaw.

We aren't far away from a team that can compete.

first gers player in a long time who i thought could beat salenko in a competition to be second best in any contests during a game. very sad

We will see what happens later in the lesson. We are only 9 games on remember.

In the end we got a 3-0 win away from home at a team that isn't total cannon fodder. Some of our fans would do well to realise that.

He probably has improved but he still offers very little going forward and nothing going back. Pedro obviously sees something which we don't but for me he should be dropped and another player given the chance to show what they can do. Are we really that short of left sided front players?

So many moves break down because of him.

Sometimes he just ambles back giving our defence real problems as the full back is left with two men.

Get rid of in January window if possible.

Not read all the comments here other than the thread title, butI'd have taken him off at half time. Thought he was stinking tonight

Bit of an enigma. Actually looked like a completely different player in the first half of the first game of the season. He’s shown flashes of that since but nowhere near consistent enough to be a starter every game. I wanted rid last season. Willing to give him the benefit of the doubt until the end of this season and will reserve final judgement for him then.

Windass is a number 10. He's ineffective in the middle. He can't tackle but has a bit about him in the final third. I would drop him for a few weeks to sub.

Looked out of it tonight, at the moment, he's a one good game in every five kind of player. He has improved since day one and he's still young so we should keep.

I'd have prefered to have seen the lad find a team more his level in the summer. Pedro must see some potential in there but Windass seems incapable of applying himself for any kind of run of games...a steady 2 or 3 out of 10 most weeks.

He's going to cost us points against better opposition. Time to give another player a chance.

Back