Windass - Weak link

He never seems to be on the ball much, I don't think the players around him trust him now.

Nice lad but time up.

I think windass gets unfair treatment the lad is never a left sided player .he doesnt have a left foot he played on the right or through the middle at acrington .anytime hes on the ball he needs to stop and turn on to his right foot .left wing isnt his natural position

I'm hoping to god we can shift enough tops in the run up to Xmas to have a few quid towards a real upgrade on Windass.

It'd be £55 well spent.

Ready for everyone to shoot me down but I think he's the fashionable player to dislike with the support.

It quite often happens. One player becomes the fall guy which I really wish we would stop doing.

He really isn't that bad and as there is flashes I think we should take him out the firing line for a few games and bring him back in.

I rate him, works hard and knows how to drive the ball forward and take on a man. his end product need work but I wouldn't get rid as quickly as most on here.

Most footballers outside the very top players go through spells.

It's not like every time he gets the ball he looses it or he doesn't try. he's really not that bad a player or certainly not as bad as he's made out to be on here.

Can’t disagree with any of this …

Was pretty disappointed when Pedro decided to keep him thought Walker was going to be his replacement

Scottish championship………… at best.

I think Pedro is becoming exasperated with him too.

Sorry but even at 22 you should know certain aspects of the game.

Just not good enough and without doubt is and has been the weakest link since……… when did he sign?

If he scores the winner next week he will be a hero again

Honestly he won’t and talking of that… some players just know instinctively where to be in the box.

Pena is begining to be that type of player.

Windass should be but isn’t … just doesnt know where to be when the ball comes into the box.

The goals that Pena scored tonight Windass would never have been able to score!

Positionable sense is very poor.

left mid doesnt suit him which is obvious and its annoying that he does appear to have talent when he can be bothered.

My biggest issue, and if he doesnt sort it out will soon be a massive problem for him is the jumping out if 50 50 tackles. Theres no excuse fir the heart of a mouse tackles. There again was a couple he thought of last then backed out last second. Way to break bones kid, commit or dont, halfway there will see you crunched.

Thought this was his worst game this season. Started the season well, albeit with little end product, but has got gradually worse with each match.

The only person who had a worse performance last night was Butcher, but that's a different story.

It's fair to say that he's never a left midfielder or winger because he genuinely isn't. I'm not sure if he's good enough to play the no 10 role for Rangers, but it is his best position.
We have to trust Pedro if he believes Windass is our best option just now for the left side, but if he is we need to address this in January.

By his own standards, he probably is, but lacks the qualities required to be an asset to the team.

I think it is unfair, he has 1 goal and about 3-4 assists so far. Not bad for a player learning a new position and played with 3 different left backs and still early into the season.

I reckon if him and John can get a run of games together they will get a good partnership

He's lost the effort he had at the start of the season as well, sauntering back rather than sprinting.

Can allow not a great performance if he's at least winning his battle, he isn't.

We need a left winger badly to give us that balance, assuming we bring someone in I'd use him for back up in Pena's role to prove he deserves to be here.

If he is still not performing/lasting 90 mins at 22 you wonder if he ever will it's not exactly 16 or 17 he should be physically fit to at least track back for 90 IMO.

I think League One in England must be really poor if he was one of the top/most promising players in that league.

When he's on his game he's excellent and causes defences a lot of problems, but you could tell after five minutes it wasn't that Windass who had turned up last night.

Wasn't impressed again. Really poor first half. Slightly better 2nd.

Didn't do much, lacks a footballing brain and extremely wasteful. Surprised he lasted 85+ minutes. He's not a left winger.

Patience is wearing thin with Windass.
You’ve highlighted the problem then stated your patience is wearing thin.
Clearly the lad is not a Left Winger

He’s an empty jersey.

Those 2 or 3 good performances he strung together were an absolute anomaly. The shite served up 95% of the time is what he’s all about. Not even close to being anywhere near good enough.

Agree with this the guy is a empty jersey every time he plays.

Last night we were down to ten men before st Johnstone

Agree with this the guy is a empty jersey every time he plays.

Last night we were down to ten men before st Johnstone

I think your being a bit unkind to the boy, he goes out to give it his best shot in games, but if that's not good enough for some fans, i think it's the manager's perogative to either play him or not.Could it be that he's putting the player in the shop window with a view to move him on.And replace him with a natural left footed winger .ie.Like a Neil McCann type player, hopefully.?

Our midfield is still poor i think, even last night we gave the ball away a good bit, until we get a right good hard tackler and an out and out left midfielder im not going to criticise too much.
I think given time Dorrans and Jack will be good, but not both playing defensive, as Dorrans doesnt look comfortable when he is asked to do it.
If we are still within 6 points of them in January and we can offload one or two, i would hope we get a natural left sided midfielder with some good experience, as thats really all thats really needed.(as im hoping young rossiter is the tackler we need)
I hope the rest pick up the more games they play.

Windass offered nothing tonight. In the main I think he has improved this season, and the lad is still only 22. Wouldn’t write him off just yet.
Only 22? If he hasn't improved by that age then he never will, he just hasn't got it.

You see flashes that make you think their might be a player in there but I just don't think he's got a footballing brain to speak of.

Would like to see Nemane get a start, his pace looks deadly. Should be our priority position for January for a permanent replacement.

Our midfield is still poor i think, even last night we gave the ball away a good bit, until we get a right good hard tackler and an out and out left midfielder im not going to criticise too much.
I think given time Dorrans and Jack will be good, but not both playing defensive, as Dorrans doesnt look comfortable when he is asked to do it.
If we are still within 6 points of them in January and we can offload one or two, i would hope we get a natural left sided midfielder with some good experience, as thats really all thats really needed.
I hope the rest pick up the more games they play.

Interesting to see McCrorie come on and play in front of the defence. If he's got the tools to play there it would free up the likes of Dorrans to get further forward and play the game he's best suited to.

what makes it more galling is he puts in this level of performance when he surely knows he is one of the first to be replaced in January?

Interesting to see McCrorie come on and play in front of the defence. If he's got the tools to play there it would free up the likes of Dorrans to get further forward and play the game he's best suited to.
was good to see, i though dorrans looked more relaxed further forward and never looked for sideways passes or the pass back, he was very forward thinking with his play last night. Im hoping he plays the same way from now on.

The opportunity he had in the first half was poor. Found himself 25 yards out and snatched a shot. There was one defender in front of him and Morelos had him in trouble. More composure needed.

Sadly he really is the weak link and it's not going to change. If we can get someone in and form a similar relationship on the left as what Tav and Candeias have on the right then we'll have great balance and threat.

I always think Windass is the type of player Inverness would've taken a punt on back when they went through a spell where they seemed to get half-decent players from England's League 1 and 2 on cross-border pre-contracts.

A bottom six Scottish Premiership club is probably about his level but even then I would think he would struggle to hold down a regular game for most of them.

Seems like a guy who really wants to do well but just doesn't have the ability.

I think when you look at Candieas at the other side and the amount of running and effort he puts in then Windass looks well short.....but it's a team game and the team won well if Pedro tinkers he could lose that spirit that was evident last night. As Alf Ramsey said 'my job isn't to pick the best players it's to pick the best team'.

I know the game was already in the bag when the lad came on.
But I was still amazed at the way he strolled around the middle of the park, as if he was a veteran.
The lad certainly understands gallus.

Not the best performance but nowhere near as bad as some making out.

Waste of a jersey, no footballing brain etc...... fucking nonsense.

He’s simply not got the football intelligence to cut it at this level. When in possession and with potential to create a chance, he often takes the wrong decision and the chance is wasted. When we don’t have possession he’s an empty jersey, he offers nothing defensively.

If we don’t sign someone for left mid I think we should play Declan John there with Wallace behind him. John is capable and effective going forward and will also support Wallace defensively.

Great result but this sticks out as the week link. Terrible footballer, no brains and no heart. We need a replacement in Jan.

Anybody who has read my posts will know I am always reluctant to slate a player.
Windass though is one of the exceptions.
A player I just have no time for, whatsoever.
Offers nothing.

Have to agree with most of previous comments. Felt he was only man who didn't get pass marks in a good team performance. Dissapears for far to long in matches: some players can do that and still be doing a job for the team. He's not one of them

He is just not good enough. Sadly he thinks he is better than he is which makes it worse. Time to try something new.

Back