Won 1 out of 8 games with Collum the Ref

Bear all

Just read this stat can’t believe it if it’s true but in 8 games against them we have only won one of them.

Thought he ref’d it to suit them yesterday. As per the fouls per card stats. Infuriating. They were never broke on after first 5 minutes. They made sure of it, he assisted.

But it absolutely will never excuse our refusal to take a soft foul (3 times) in the build up to an utterly pathetic goal.

The 3-1 game at the piggery. His first game where he awarded us a "contentious" penalty and ended up being hounded in the press and receiving death threats.
The Broadfoot penalty was immediately deemed contentious by the Press because “Collum wasn’t even looking at it”

Then the Willie Vas photo showing him looking right at it appears, totally refuting that argument, then the Vas photo is shelved and the narrative continued and amplified.

Was the same with the late Kyriakos penalty at Tynecastle. BBC interviewed the Hearts defender immediately after the game, he said something to the effect that “ nine times out of ten you get away with it”
By 8:00 am next morning that interview was “lost” and the “No contact, biased Linesman” narrative begun.

Last edited:
The Broadfoot penalty was immediately deemed contentious by the Press because “Collum wasn’t even looking at it”

Then the Willie Vas photo showing him looking right at it appears, totally refuting that argument, then the Vas photo is shelved and the narrative continued and amplified.

Was the same with the late Kyriakos penalty at Tynecastle. BBC interviewed the Hearts defender immediately after the game, he said something to the effect that “ nine times out of ten you get away with it”
By 8:00 am next morning that interview was “lost” and the “No contact, biased Linesman” narrative begun.

The final game against them that season and Stokes jumps into Davis and goes down in the box. Craig Thomson points straight to the spot when it's arguably a foul on Davis. McGregor ultimatley saves the resulting penalty from Samaras.

Davie Provan on Sky commentary said it wasn't a penalty but other than that? No condemnation/ imtimidation of Thomson from the media.

Last edited:
We can moan about certain decisions but Im not blaming Collum for yesterday. That's on the players and the manager.

Collum also reffed the League Cup Final. There were a number of decisions that went against us but we still should have pumped them.
You mean the offside goal? FFS who needs enemies!

We can moan about certain decisions but Im not blaming Collum for yesterday. That's on the players and the manager.

Collum also reffed the League Cup Final. There were a number of decisions that went against us but we still should have pumped them.
I agree with this - there could have been a couple of bookings for persistant fouling he didnt give (Jota and Starfelt from memory) he didn't have any "major" decisions to get right (or wrong in his case) - so he certainly wasn't the issue yesterday.

Yes, but we still should have beat them that day. With or without that decision. That we couldn't says a lot about the team, not Collum, which have been highlighted by subsequent performances.

we need to stop this attitude

we are allowed to play poor and win

had we lost 2-1 yesterday with nothing contentuous about the officiating then its all on our team

but despite our failings, we should have had 2 penalties - that alone wins the game, never mind the minimum 1 red card for them

same applied to Tannadice etc etc etc

i can only think of the Sakala offside goal vs Motherwell thats gone our way this season - we gained 1 pt
but Motherwell should've had an offside call the next Ibrox game which cost us 2 pts

Collum has been tainted since the penalty at Parkhead

I agree with this - there could have been a couple of bookings for persistant fouling he didnt give (Jota and Starfelt from memory) he didn't have any "major" decisions to get right (or wrong in his case) - so he certainly wasn't the issue yesterday.

penalty x 2???

penalty x 2???

The handball IMHO wasn't a penalty (I can understand others saying it should be and in VAR world of Europa it may have been - but in the non VAR league I don't think it is) - the shirt pull granted could be given - but if you analyse every freekick / corner you will see shirt pulling and blocking.

put it this way - I didn't leave Ibrox yesterday thinking it was the refs fault we lost.

Tug on Goldson was pretty major. Allowing them off with bookings gives them licence to continually break up play which was advantageous to one team!

The handball IMHO wasn't a penalty (I can understand others saying it should be and in VAR world of Europa it may have been - but in the non VAR league I don't think it is) - the shirt pull granted could be given - but if you analyse every freekick / corner you will see shirt pulling and blocking.

put it this way - I didn't leave Ibrox yesterday thinking it was the refs fault we lost.

doesn't matter where the league is
if you think VAR gives that , then it should be a penalty for handball - it filled the criteria without needing VAR

the Goldson one was so blatant its unreal - not just a shirt pull, he is dragged to the deck by his shirt and arm

we have a unit of Yahoo refs that consistently cheat us
we need to stop letting them away with it and apologising for them

Said it many times on here, until we do something about the refs and sfa and spfl were just pissing in the wind.

Last year was a freak year in terms of our play and there falling apart. This season has just been beyond corrupt.

We are simply being referred to a different standard than any other team in the league. We're 12-15 points behind before a ball is kicked.

I honestly think it gets to the players at times, also the fact the club give them no backing or protection from the thugs.

We have never witnessed corruption this blatant as this season. I simply don't think we can continue on like this.

His failure to book any of their players in the first half was appalling. Misses the shirt pull on Goldson too for a penalty. He's a really poor referee.

we need to stop this attitude

we are allowed to play poor and win

had we lost 2-1 yesterday with nothing contentuous about the officiating then its all on our team

but despite our failings, we should have had 2 penalties - that alone wins the game, never mind the minimum 1 red card for them

same applied to Tannadice etc etc etc

i can only think of the Sakala offside goal vs Motherwell thats gone our way this season - we gained 1 pt
but Motherwell should've had an offside call the next Ibrox game which cost us 2 pts

Collum has been tainted since the penalty at Parkhead

The attitude we need to stop is making excuses. I can understand fans saying we should have got a pen for the Goldson pull, but I have no doubt Celtic fans are saying they should have got a pen for the Maeda challenge.

Referees in Scotland are crap. But we, as a club, have done nothing to try and put our side across. Why aren't we highlighting the booking disparity? Why aren't we highlighting the way Celtic continue to make niggly fouls in the opposition half thus preventing teams to break? etc.....That's on us.

We can keep feeling sorry for ourselves and making excuses, but there comes a point where we have to admit that this team bottles it when it matters and we are continuing to get owned off the pitch. I could go on.

And, yes I moan and shout when decisions have gone against us, but, in my opinion, we have to stop looking for excuses. We have ballsed this season up and unless we realise that then we'll continue to make the same mistakes.

RIP

Noticed yesterday he made our players take throw ins from exact spot ball went out but allowed them to steal ten yards at every throw . Also fannies about at our free kicks and allowed the phantom of the opera to walk away with the ball three time at our free kicks.. . Just wee niggly things to unsettle our team collum does all the time.
I'll go back two seasons league cup final when Morelos was taking the penalty and collum kicked the ball off the spot twice to annoy him. He's a bastard and a shite referee no matter what people think and some on here rate him. He's no different from the rest. Rotten.

Annoni had two hands and a knee fouling Broadfoot.

It might have looked soft to some but it was a stonewall penalty. Miller claimed for it straight away.

Broadfoot always maintained it was a "Stonewaller". I was opposite the incident that day and immediately thought 'Penalty to Rangers' but have to confess being amazed Collum didn't bottle it.

I can well believe he has been affected by the backlash - no other explanation for denying the 'stonewall' penalty against Goldson yesterday and everything in between.

The attitude we need to stop is making excuses. I can understand fans saying we should have got a pen for the Goldson pull, but I have no doubt Celtic fans are saying they should have got a pen for the Maeda challenge.

Referees in Scotland are crap. But we, as a club, have done nothing to try and put our side across. Why aren't we highlighting the booking disparity? Why aren't we highlighting the way Celtic continue to make niggly fouls in the opposition half thus preventing teams to break? etc.....That's on us.

We can keep feeling sorry for ourselves and making excuses, but there comes a point where we have to admit that this team bottles it when it matters and we are continuing to get owned off the pitch. I could go on.

And, yes I moan and shout when decisions have gone against us, but, in my opinion, we have to stop looking for excuses. We have ballsed this season up and unless we realise that then we'll continue to make the same mistakes.

purely our games

Dundee Utd away - 2 pts stolen
Motherwell home - 2 points stolen
Celtic yesterday - 3 point swing stolen

that alone would put us top
thats not taking into account their extremely dodgy decisions for them all season

So we should speak up about the bookings/bias but its important not to feel sorry for ourselves and make any excuses.

No really understanding that one mate, if the club say anything you are obviously going to be annoyed that they are making excuses for yesterdays performance and the title being just about over.

And we dont have any crap refs either the standard has never been better theres about 10 that could do the cup semi or the final.

Has there even been one example of bad refereeing this season which has went our way or cost Celtic ? i honestly cant even remember one single decision never mind 90 min performance.

That's the difference with the media up here. One bad decision by a ref which costs Celtc is the only talking point for weeks on end, and dominates tabloid articles and phone-ins, and the ref slaughtered. The bad decisions which cost us points are quickly forgotten.

So we should speak up about the bookings/bias but its important not to feel sorry for ourselves and make any excuses.

No really understanding that one mate, if the club say anything you are obviously going to be annoyed that they are making excuses for yesterdays performance.

And we dont have any crap refs either the standard has never been better theres about 10 that could do the cup semi or the final.

Has there even been one example of bad refereeing this season which has went our way or cost Celtic ? i honestly cant even remember one single decision never mind 90 min performance/title gone.

I believe we should be highlighting issues, many clubs did in England about Man City and their tactical fouling, but we don't. This allows a narrative to be set. If we are going to do nothing to challenge this narrative then why should we use it as an excuse.

Yesterday wasn't on the referee, it was on the players and management. If people want to think we were hard done by then that only masks the problem(s).

I don't watch other clubs but I speak to fans from them and they all think decisions have gone against them.

Said it many times on here, until we do something about the refs and sfa and spfl were just pissing in the wind.

Last year was a freak year in terms of our play and there falling apart. This season has just been beyond corrupt.

We are simply being referred to a different standard than any other team in the league. We're 12-15 points behind before a ball is kicked.

I honestly think it gets to the players at times, also the fact the club give them no backing or protection from the thugs.

We have never witnessed corruption this blatant as this season. I simply don't think we can continue on like this.
We simply were not being allowed to win the league this year.

Anyone else think that off the field events, media coverage and threats doesn't affect referees?

Mike Dean said this in an interview today.

"My daughter got death threats," said Dean.

"They were saying they knew where we lived and they were going to petrol bomb the house. It was pretty bad.

"I told the Premier League; they got the police involved. I reported it to the police and they came around.

"My family was affected pretty badly for a couple of weeks. I just took myself off games as I wasn't in the right frame of mind.

"I am a pretty strong person at times. I can be weak at other times. I had to be strong for the family that week. It was tough.

Thanks @monkeymagic for this link.

I believe we should be highlighting issues, many clubs did in England about Man City and their tactical fouling, but we don't. This allows a narrative to be set. If we are going to do nothing to challenge this narrative then why should we use it as an excuse.

Yesterday wasn't on the referee, it was on the players and management. If people want to think we were hard done by then that only masks the problem(s).

I don't watch other clubs but I speak to fans from them and they all think decisions have gone against them.
We dont use it as an excuse the club dont say anything about the bias i am not sure what you on about here and i dont really disagree that its daft to blame WC for everything that went wrong yesterday. We lose poor goals and cant put the ball in the net thats nothing to with referees.

Are you suggesting that you should decide which incidents we can discuss on here is that what you mean ?

The point about other fans we dont know that you speak with isnt really important though, St J fan hates a ref or thinks they were robbed on sat, who cares ?

Anyone else think that off the field events, media coverage and threats doesn't affect referees?

Mike Dean said this in an interview today.

"My daughter got death threats," said Dean.

"They were saying they knew where we lived and they were going to petrol bomb the house. It was pretty bad.

"I told the Premier League; they got the police involved. I reported it to the police and they came around.

"My family was affected pretty badly for a couple of weeks. I just took myself off games as I wasn't in the right frame of mind.

"I am a pretty strong person at times. I can be weak at other times. I had to be strong for the family that week. It was tough.

Thanks @monkeymagic for this link.

Death threats would tend to concentrate the mind for refs officiating Peasant games.

If there have been two more blatant Jersey pulls in football this season than Sakala and Goldson I’d be surprised.
Both in clear line of sight of the referee and his assistant, both not given.

VAR should not be necessary in such obvious incidents but I suppose, ahem, these things even themselves out over a season, so we’ll get numerous Penalties on the final day.

Collum is useless but he’s the best of a bad bunch IMO and I do not blame him whatsoever for yesterday.

Top content OP. More of this please. :D

We need some threads with real meaningful substance that the tabloids can pick up on to write about tomorrow.:rolleyes:;)

Collum is useless but he’s the best of a bad bunch IMO and I do not blame him whatsoever for yesterday.
C’mon mate. He looked directly at Goldson being blatantly fouled in their box.

He gets a pass by some of ours because he was hung out to dry by the dhims after Broadfoot at the cesspit.

He’s been biased against us through his alleged incompetence for a long time now.

The final game against them that season and Stokes jumps into Davis and goes down. Craig Thomson points straight to the spot when it's arguably a foul on Davis. McGregor ultimatley saves the resulting penalty from Samaras.

Davie Provan on Sky commentary said it wasn't a penalty but other than that? No condemnation/ imtimidation of Thomson from the media.
Thomson was a cheat, a Rangers hater if ever there was one.

Is this the stiff upper lip theme? If you think the match officials failure to issue cards where appropriate and make the right calls doesn't affect the mentality of the players you are wrong!

They should have had a red when Kent was taken out, we should have had atleast 1 penalty and they should have had at the very least 3 yellow cards before Lundstram got booked which led to a goal! These officials influence games and its about time they were interviewed right after games to explain their decisions!

Back