Won 1 out of 8 games with Collum the Ref

Most of the games are from when we came back into the league under Warburton/Murty lost the games due to our management failings rather than Collum

Starfelt should have been booked for persistent fouling, absolutely.
Never mind Starfelt, when are the refs going to coin on to the Celtic, players going down supposedly with cramp, or some other excuse, to take the sting out of the game, when they are under pressure. They are copying the wasting tactics here, because they play a high energy style. In England, roundabout 65 to 75 mins players were using the same tactic of feigning injury, just to take the sting out of games, because they needed a breather, and had to disrupt play to slow it down. Look at the last 15mins yesterday.

Gollums a slimey wee prick, countless fouls by that mhob first half unpunished gave them the go ahead to continue as the cuunt shat it.

The angeball phenomenon means you foul like fuuk for 70 plus minutes then spend the rest of the time going down with cramp and fuuk all else so breaking up play which suits only one team of cheating fuukers out on the park.

If school wasnt on holiday his desk top would have been full of trinkets and apples today for thanks from his pupils.

Just please give us VAR, I'm sick to the pit of rank rotten or suspect referees.
The result had nothing to do with the referee,but our inability to defend set pieces. Yes there was a clear shirt pull on Goldson,which if it was a European game would been scrutinized by VAR.

Never mind Starfelt, when are the refs going to coin on to the Celtic, players going down supposedly with cramp, or some other excuse, to take the sting out of the game, when they are under pressure. They are copying the wasting tactics here, because they play a high energy style. In England, roundabout 65 to 75 mins players were using the same tactic of feigning injury, just to take the sting out of games, because they needed a breather, and had to disrupt play to slow it down. Look at the last 15mins yesterday.

Just beat me to the same point, it was fuukin noticeable to all.

We dont use it as an excuse the club dont say anything about the bias i am not sure what you on about here and i dont really disagree that its daft to blame WC for everything that went wrong yesterday. We lose poor goals and cant put the ball in the net thats nothing to with referees.

Are you suggesting that you should decide which incidents we can discuss on here is that what you mean ?

The point about other fans we dont know that you speak with isnt really important though, St J fan hates a ref or thinks they were robbed on sat, who cares ?

If that's what you think then lets just call it a day. :)

Anybody blaming the ref yesterday really needs to lie down in a dark room put the lights out and shut the curtains
What about anyone that believes over the whole season this group of refs have put a serious amount of effort into handing Celtic the title ?

The bias and dishonesty couldnt be more obvious its almost every single game both sides play, not just old firm or v Hearts and Hibs, it is hard to understand why anyone on the Rangers side has not noticed just how bent the whole competition actually is. And guess what they will be just as motivated to do it again next year.

What about anyone that believes over the whole season this group of refs have put a serious amount of effort into handing Celtic the title ?

The bias and dishonesty couldnt be more obvious its almost every single game both sides play, not just old firm or v Hearts and Hibs, it is hard to understand why anyone on the Rangers side has not noticed just how bent the whole competition actually is. And guess what they will be just as motivated to do it again next year.
So we just blame the refs and forget about the teams performance?

So we just blame the refs and forget about the teams performance?
No ofcourse not clearly there is a lot of problems with this squad and manager and with honest refereeing we might well have lost the game anyway.

Lose bad goals, cant score dont make enough chances, play slow sideways and too many players without pace.

Even if these problems are sorted for next year we will still have to beat the most dishonest refs in world sport. This is part of scottish football refs will do whatever it takes to avoid issues with Celtic and more importantly Celtic media.

Did anyone on the tim side have anything to moan about ?

do they ever have any issues with refs ? it never happens.

Some of us will remember Collum refereed at one time with a crucifix hanging from his whistle.
Even Walter commented publicly on it.

I agree with this - there could have been a couple of bookings for persistant fouling he didnt give (Jota and Starfelt from memory) he didn't have any "major" decisions to get right (or wrong in his case) - so he certainly wasn't the issue yesterday.

I assume you haven't seen the penalty he missed that would have resulted in a red card?

The Broadfoot penalty was immediately deemed contentious by the Press because “Collum wasn’t even looking at it”

Then the Willie Vas photo showing him looking right at it appears, totally refuting that argument, then the Vas photo is shelved and the narrative continued and amplified.

Was the same with the late Kyriakos penalty at Tynecastle. BBC interviewed the Hearts defender immediately after the game, he said something to the effect that “ nine times out of ten you get away with it”
By 8:00 am next morning that interview was “lost” and the “No contact, biased Linesman” narrative begun.
And that was a penalty too.

The handball IMHO wasn't a penalty (I can understand others saying it should be and in VAR world of Europa it may have been - but in the non VAR league I don't think it is) - the shirt pull granted could be given - but if you analyse every freekick / corner you will see shirt pulling and blocking.

put it this way - I didn't leave Ibrox yesterday thinking it was the refs fault we lost.
No 'could' about it pal, it's a stonewaller as per the rules of the game. They would have got it. I'm more bothered about our managers inability to change that game yesterday but that doesn't mean we can just ignore that refs performance yesterday.

Every single time we won the ball back in our half they fouled us. Every single time. Without fail they fouled us.

How we didn't get a penalty for the Carter Vickers handball is incredible. Incredibility matched by the commentary team saying it wasn't a penalty and his arm was by his side.

We do nothing about it and just continually accept it. Across the board, all departments have fallen into a state of complete apathy. Everyone just hoping for the end of the season. It's pathetic.

If the board actually gave a %^*& they would have come up with a strategy for the referee situation before Xmas. Nothing.

If the players really gave a shit they'd be screaming at the ref at the persistent cynical fouling. How many fouls did Starfelt make? I got to 8 before I stopped counting. Any comment from the manager? No. Nothing.

Where is the passion at the club? Where is the will to win?

The Broadfoot penalty was immediately deemed contentious by the Press because “Collum wasn’t even looking at it”

Then the Willie Vas photo showing him looking right at it appears, totally refuting that argument, then the Vas photo is shelved and the narrative continued and amplified.

Was the same with the late Kyriakos penalty at Tynecastle. BBC interviewed the Hearts defender immediately after the game, he said something to the effect that “ nine times out of ten you get away with it”
By 8:00 am next morning that interview was “lost” and the “No contact, biased Linesman” narrative begun.
How true this is.

This isn’t a new phenomenon. It’s been going on for as long as I’ve been breathing.

Seems as though all the apologist and hard of thinking have also forgotten the Collum game against St Boo.

Candeias blows a kiss after scoring, Ferdinand grabs a hold of Candeias by the throat. Should’ve been at least a yellow for Ferdinand if not a red, but what happens Candeias gets sent off and Ferdinand nothing.

The amount of apologists and/or brain dead on this forum is incredible. They cannot fathom that referees and as us playing poorly are separate things.

Referees not awarding stonewall penalties or officiating fairly has nothing to do with affecting games? Jesus wept.

The handball IMHO wasn't a penalty (I can understand others saying it should be and in VAR world of Europa it may have been - but in the non VAR league I don't think it is) - the shirt pull granted could be given - but if you analyse every freekick / corner you will see shirt pulling and blocking.

put it this way - I didn't leave Ibrox yesterday thinking it was the refs fault we lost.
The goldson shirt pull " could " be given ...... honestly can't believe such a pandering reply from a bear

The SFA never forgave Collum for the Broadfoot penalty at the Piggery. They bided their time and waited for him to make a glaring error, and they then demoted him.

The SFA never forgave Collum for the Broadfoot penalty at the Piggery. They bided their time and waited for him to make a glaring error, and they then demoted him.
It's constant. Anyone steps out of line and gives a 50/50 our way in an important match and you won't see them for dust.

They did it to Walsh more recently and now Dallas has been completely bombed.

It's been going on for years now and is slowly building a culture within the refs where their subconscious is to be extremely lenient with the Tims and harsh as %^*& with us.

Since the winter break, I can count maybe 5 or 6 blatant handballs which had to have been penalty's, the shirt pull on Sakala, multiple offsides given with our player at worst in line.

Then that dick yesterday, another handball, another shirt pull, persistent fouling, and two possible red cards, but we don't get a single one of them.

It's constant. Anyone steps out of line and gives a 50/50 our way in an important match and you won't see them for dust.

They did it to Walsh more recently and now Dallas has been completely bombed.

It's been going on for years now and is slowly building a culture within the refs where their subconscious is to be extremely lenient with the Tims and harsh as %^*& with us.

Since the winter break, I can count maybe 5 or 6 blatant handballs which had to have been penalty's, the shirt pull on Sakala, multiple offsides given with our player at worst in line.

Then that dick yesterday, another handball, another shirt pull, persistent fouling, and two possible red cards, but we don't get a single one of them.

I said it the other day, mate. Only refs kept them in a title race this season. In any other League, they'd be currently fighting for 3rd spot. The corruption is now so ingrained in the SPFL, its normalised and nobody is surprised when Celtc get away with murder again like yesterday. Imagine if we had won 2-1 yesterday, and Celtc were denied a blatant penalty for a shirt-pull like on Goldson. ? They wouldn't be giving a toss about a bottle thrown. There would be a meltdown and Collum destroyed in the tabloids today.

I said it the other day, mate. Only refs kept them in a title race this season. In any other League, they'd be currently fighting for 3rd spot. The corruption is now so ingrained in the SPFL, its normalised and nobody is surprised when Celtc get away with murder again like yesterday. Imagine if we had won 2-1 yesterday, and Celtc were denied a blatant penalty for a shirt-pull like on Goldson. ? They wouldn't be giving a toss about a bottle thrown. There would be a meltdown and Collum destroyed in the tabloids today.
That's exactly it, yes. They would have ripped collum to bits today if he'd give a decision against them.

We are now at the stage where those incidents yesterday are just passing without comment.

Pundits are now suffering the same. It's simply not worth the grief asking for a penalty against Celtic.

we need to stop this attitude

we are allowed to play poor and win

had we lost 2-1 yesterday with nothing contentuous about the officiating then its all on our team

but despite our failings, we should have had 2 penalties - that alone wins the game, never mind the minimum 1 red card for them

same applied to Tannadice etc etc etc

i can only think of the Sakala offside goal vs Motherwell thats gone our way this season - we gained 1 pt
but Motherwell should've had an offside call the next Ibrox game which cost us 2 pts

Collum has been tainted since the penalty at Parkhead
His real job is an RE teacher at an RC school he wouldn’t give Rangers any decision no matter how blatant.

Collum is a *** cheating in every sleekit way he can to help his favoured team of ***'s
He is a cheat and it is condoned by the controlling media in Scotland that are full of ***'s.
Seems I can't use D. F. B now

The day we won 2-1 at parkhead and kept quiet, despite the most obviously corrupt performance from Clancy, was the day I gave up having any sympathy for our club in these situations.

Reaping what we sowed in that respect. Expect more to come.

That's the difference with the media up here. One bad decision by a ref which costs Celtc is the only talking point for weeks on end, and dominates tabloid articles and phone-ins, and the ref slaughtered. The bad decisions which cost us points are quickly forgotten.
How many replays and different angles did we see of the Maeda incident and Aribo’s trip or the hand ball or the twunt trying to steal Goldson’s shirt!

It’s not about penalty claims that could have gone either way, but about how the game was refereed overall. Our strength: turnover attacking, their weakness: getting turned over while attacking. The game was refereed to suit them.

They were let away with so many fouls in the first half when we were trying to break, that in the second half we just tried to ride those fouls and play suboptimal passes forward. The jeapordy for making those types of fouls was removed for them. It’s no wonder they won after they got ahead. Why are we so much better than them in Europe? Because referees there actually have an appreciation of what those sort of fouls mean in the context of a game, whereas we have the perception that a foul when it’s not in your own half can’t be ever a booking.

How many replays and different angles did we see of the Maeda incident and Aribo’s trip or the hand ball or the twunt trying to steal Goldson’s shirt!

The shirt-pull on Goldson yesterday, just like the shirt-pull on Sakala at Tannadice, will soon be quickly forgotten.

Yesterday was nothing to do with Collum. Was everything to do with our players and manager.
More crap. The decisions a referee makes or doesn’t make have a massive bearing on a game.

The best example of bias was shown at a time when there is no pressure on the ref, the game is stopped and he allows a Celtc player to steal 15 yards and minutes later moves Bassey back 5 yards.

Well said and all true. Still a lot of people choose not to believe comments like this which I believe does have substance.

Anybody blaming the ref yesterday really needs to lie down in a dark room put the lights out and shut the curtains
What remedy would you suggest for someone asking that the Laws of the game should be applied?

The Referee is not responsible for poor defending, nor is he in the frame for missed chances or poor choices by attacking players, but he is there to apply the laws of the game, without fear or favour.
I’d propose that action should have been taken in the first half to ensure the fouling when losing possession was stopped, and that the shirt pull on Goldson was a clear and obvious breach of the laws of the game.

I am not blaming the Referee for the result, Celtic may well have scored again, or so may have Rangers, I’m simply questioning the application of the laws of the game.

Yes, but we still should have beat them that day. With or without that decision. That we couldn't says a lot about the team, not Collum, which have been highlighted by subsequent performances.
If you are looking to blame anyone for that game it was Morelos

The result had nothing to do with the referee,but our inability to defend set pieces. Yes there was a clear shirt pull on Goldson,which if it was a European game would been scrutinized by VAR.
If Rangers had got a penalty from the Goldson incident then the result probably would have been affected.

There is absolutely no logic in saying that refereeing decisions don't affect results.

What is so difficult to understand about this?

Since Gerrard came in we've had a nucelus of referees who have cost us points on several occasions.

It all started with Clancy sending Alfie off 8 mins into the season in Gerrard's first game. Beatons numerous errors, Collum sending Candeias off for blowing a kiss. Madden's cowardice to award us anything because of the 'Madh*n' tag. Throw in Robertson and McLean to the mix as well.

Look back at points dropped over the seasons and it's these same referees who always seem to be in charge when it happens. Ususally with some form of controversy in the game. We as a club don't call it out so we continue to suffer the consequences. Unfortunately there are a lot of people on here who don't want to acknowlege it's happening as it's regarded as 'Timmy behaviour' to complain about officials. Instead we get the hysteria around the players and the manager that is overly critical.

The Tims have benefited massively from decisions this season, including on Sunday there. If ANY of the decisions we've been subjected to since the Winter Break happened to them, there would be inquests in the papers and radio. Hampden would have been marched on and the Head of Referees would have been run out of town after any tenuous link to Rangers was found.

But the manager is clueless, the players are bottlers, yada, yada, yada. We've all said that we're refereed to a different standard but we don't complain about it so season in and season out we're subjected to the same baffling decisions from the same small group of referees and nothing gets done about it. Yes the Manager and the Team share some of the blame but not all of it.

Since Gerrard came in we've had a nucelus of referees who have cost us points on several occasions.

It all started with Clancy sending Alfie off 8 mins into the season in Gerrard's first game. Beatons numerous errors, Collum sending Candeias off for blowing a kiss. Madden's cowardice to award us anything because of the 'Madh*n' tag. Throw in Robertson and McLean to the mix as well.

Look back at points dropped over the seasons and it's these same referees who always seem to be in charge when it happens. Ususally with some form of controversy in the game. We as a club don't call it out so we continue to suffer the consequences. Unfortunately there are a lot of people on here who don't want to acknowlege it's happening as it's regarded as 'Timmy behaviour' to complain about officials. Instead we get the hysteria around the players and the manager that is overly critical.

The Tims have benefited massively from decisions this season, including on Sunday there. If ANY of the decisions we've been subjected to since the Winter Break happened to them, there would be inquests in the papers and radio. Hampden would have been marched on and the Head of Referees would have been run out of town after any tenuous link to Rangers was found.

But the manager is clueless, the players are bottlers, yada, yada, yada. We've all said that we're refereed to a different standard but we don't complain about it so season in and season out we're subjected to the same baffling decisions from the same small group of referees and nothing gets done about it. Yes the Manager and the Team share some of the blame but not all of it.
if it was the other way about we'd have VAR in already.

if it was the other way about we'd have VAR in already.
I suspect you're right.

We'll see if things change when VAR is introduced. I'd bet that we'll see a lot of complaints from their cheerleaders in the Media if VAR starts to penalise them.

The mountain of game changing decisions that have went the Peasants way this season has been ludicrous. They'd be fighting for 3rd spot in any other League without intimidated refs.

Back