Won 1 out of 8 games with Collum the Ref

The stat concerning Celtic receiving a yellow card for 60% more fouls than other clubs has been posted on here a few times this season.

However, when a poster went through the data and found that on average Celtic players sat on yellow cards for only 50% of the time Rangers players did - despite committing more fouls - some on here ridiculed him.

At the weekend it was noticeable that Collum didn't book a Celtic player until 64 minutes.

The handball was blatant as was the shirt pull, remember them going on about the one that hit goldson’s hand against hearts, stonewaller they said, rightly not given I say…Goldson was no more than two feet away with his hands by his side yet Hearts were supposedly robbed of an opportunity to get back into the game.

Carter Vickers was at least 15 to 20 feet from the attacker when the ball was played, he deliberately moves his arm to the flight of the ball…To that end I cannot believe the nonsense written by some on this thread. The pull of Goldson’s shirt was as blatant as the one on Sakala at tannadice and yet again the three wise monkeys officiating saw zilch.

We dominated the second half, yes our balls into the box were abysmal (Some of our players seem to think sticking it anywhere in the eighteen yard box is acceptable) but we are being refereed to an entirely different rule book than them, or in fact any other premiership team except when they are playing the filth.

They probably should have had a penalty also for McGregor’s clip on their striker, but the Collum lessez faire approach to filth indiscretion was at times baffling including the two incidents with Carter Vickers. To that end two each and them a man light would have changed the whole complexion of the game…Let’s not let the anger at our teams deficiencies cloud the fact that we are being refereed out of the title race.

Clancy, madden, Robertson, Beaton and a supporting cast of assistants have seen to that and whilst our board and management continue to keep up a deafening silence in the interest of ‘bridge building’ it will continue!

The mountain of game changing decisions that have went the Peasants way this season has been ludicrous. They'd be fighting for 3rd spot in any other League without intimidated refs.
They were certainly kept in touching distance before the break.

After the break, they beat Hibs the night before we went to Pittodrie which cut the gap immediately. The leauge turned in the 7 days before the Piggery game. Hearts missed the pen on the Wednesday, we dropped points on the Sunday, they got a late winner. Then they win the Old Firm.

Subsequently decisons in both our and their games since has kept them where they are. Put it this way on Sunday if the game was at the Piggery, would Goldson or Balogun get away with the number of fouls that Starfish did 1st half and not be booked? Would Celtic have been denied 2 penalties? I think we know the answer to that.

Yes we didn't react well to them equalising, defending was poor etc, etc. But you can't say that Collum has no bearing on the outcome of the game when Rangers could have had 2 penalties and at least one of their centre halves along with Ralston sent off.

It’s a side note, as we weren’t up for that game in any event, but his officiating was blatantly bent. The amount of fouls they got away with before we then received the first yellow of the match would be hilarious if it weren’t so nefarious. No consistency either with penalty giving when you compare the pull on Goldson with Katic’s giveaway in the 2019 OF.

After the break, they beat Hibs the night before we went to Pittodrie which cut the gap immediately. The leauge turned in the 7 days before the Piggery game. Hearts missed the pen on the Wednesday, we dropped points on the Sunday, they got a late winner. Then they win the Old Firm.

Subsequently decisons in both our and their games since has kept them where they are. Put it this way on Sunday if the game was at the Piggery, would Goldson or Balogun get away with the number of fouls that Starfish did 1st half and not be booked? Would Celtic have been denied 2 penalties? I think we know the answer to that.

Yes we didn't react well to them equalising, defending was poor etc, etc. But you can't say that Collum has no bearing on the outcome of the game when Rangers could have had 2 penalties and at least one of their centre halves along with Ralston sent off.

They had 5 home games mid-season where the opposition were denied blatant, stonewall penalties. The win at home against Hearts via an offside goal. All these points won when they shouldn't have kept them in a title-race. Its been embarrassing for Scottish football.

The handball was blatant as was the shirt pull, remember them going on about the one that hit goldson’s hand against hearts, stonewaller they said, rightly not given I say…Goldson was no more than two feet away with his hands by his side yet Hearts were supposedly robbed of an opportunity to get back into the game.

Carter Vickers was at least 15 to 20 feet from the attacker when the ball was played, he deliberately moves his arm to the flight of the ball…To that end I cannot believe the nonsense written by some on this thread. The pull of Goldson’s shirt was as blatant as the one on Sakala at tannadice and yet again the three wise monkeys officiating saw zilch.

We dominated the second half, yes our balls into the box were abysmal (Some of our players seem to think sticking it anywhere in the eighteen yard box is acceptable) but we are being refereed to an entirely different rule book than them, or in fact any other premiership team except when they are playing the filth.

They probably should have had a penalty also for McGregor’s clip on their striker, but the Collum lessez faire approach to filth indiscretion was at times baffling including the two incidents with Carter Vickers. To that end two each and them a man light would have changed the whole complexion of the game…Let’s not let the anger at our teams deficiencies cloud the fact that we are being refereed out of the title race.

Clancy, madden, Robertson, Beaton and a supporting cast of assistants have seen to that and whilst our board and management continue to keep up a deafening silence in the interest of ‘bridge building’ it will continue!
VAR would have seen 3 penalties. 2 for us, one for them and at least one Red Card for them.

Would they still have won? Maybe. I think we should have had the opportunity for at least a draw.

The handball IMHO wasn't a penalty (I can understand others saying it should be and in VAR world of Europa it may have been - but in the non VAR league I don't think it is) - the shirt pull granted could be given - but if you analyse every freekick / corner you will see shirt pulling and blocking.

put it this way - I didn't leave Ibrox yesterday thinking it was the refs fault we lost.
I think looking at the game if we had been given the penalty on tbe clear shirt pull on Goldson we would have went on to win it. They were knackered in second half and it was us who had all the possession. Goals energize you sap you when you concede. They were fighting hard to keep the lead and in another game the ball would of broke for us in the box tbe way they managed their two goals.

another game where we got cheated continually throughout. I dont blame our players or manager for a draw that day or the loss on sunday due to the actions of the officials.

Clancy should be thrown out of refereeing yet he's still here.

another game where we got cheated continually throughout. I dont blame our players or manager for a draw that day or the loss on sunday due to the actions of the officials.

Clancy should be thrown out of refereeing yet he's still here.
I noticed on Sunday, Kemar Roofe got particularly frustrated at Collum for allowing him to be continually fouled without any recourse to the Celtic players doing it.

I've noticed this before in certain 'big games' over the last few seasons some players have got frustrated because the ref isn't giving us anything or allowing us to be kicked black and blue that they've maybe thought what's the point sometimes.

I remeber Madden booking Alfie against Ayr which put him out of the Semi against the Sheep, Lafferty was cup tied and we ended up with the Sadiq Swan Dive at Hampden. Gerrard got pelters for picking Alife against Ayr instead of looking at what Alfie got booked for. The Ayr player cleans him out, Alfie while on the deck looks up at Madden in exasperation and throws his arms in the air. As soon as Alfie gets back to his feet, Madden booked him for 'dissent'. Now we both know that Madden would never in his wildest dreams have booked a Dembele or an Edouard for dissent knowing it would put them out of a Semi-Final. Later that season Clancy booked Alfie twice in both games against Aberdeen for 'diving' when he got kicked lumps out of. The two booking took Alfie over the threshold and had we beaten Aberdeen in the replay at Ibrox, he would have again been suspended for the Semi Final, this time against the filth.

Back