Worst weather you have attended a game in?

Another for Kilmarnock Dec 1994 soaked to the skin standing on terracing then head back to bus to find it submerged under about 4 foot of water and having to wait for another bus to get sent down from Kirkintilloch to pick us up eventually got home about 10 that night

Celtc at Ibrox May 2009. Got soaked walking from the car to the ground in the torrential rain, got in right on kick off but missed the first 5 minutes in a (vain) attempt to dry off in the Club Deck toilets.

Steven Davis winner at the Broomloan in front of them soon made up for that B-D

Remember that like it was yesterday, me and my and mates decided to walk it from town to Ibrox with a carry out, probably the wettest I've been at a match.

Got soaked going to the Feynoord game at Ibrox in 2002 aswell.

I remember going to watch Coleraine away at Newry years ago. It was a pishy day when we left but the closer we got to Newry the worse it got. Blowing sleet by the time the match started. Sat in a wee rickety wooden stand with the sleet hitting us right in the face.
Watched til half time then went and sat on the bus cos we were too young to get served in the social club!

Alloa away during the darks days it was a January and there were people leaving with their kids because the wind was that cold it was actually sore on your face never mind a child.

Me and my mate lasted 60 minutes before going and buying vodka from Morrisons and drinking it straight to warm us up :D.

Has to be Walter's first game back against Dundee Utd. I remember the front of the Govan being empty as they were getting pelted with the rain.

The 6-1 win against Hibs in Gerrard's first season was horrendous too. I walked from the stadium to the District Bar after the match and it's the most soaked i've ever been. It rained non stop that day.

Gayfield circa 2012. Midweek.

Closely followed by pittodrie midweek late 90s. League cup game. Remember Kanchelskis had a stinker. 0-0 last min of extra time and they got a last min winner. Waiting that long to get a result with feet like blocks of ice for that to happen. Gutting.

Alloa away during the darks days it was a January and there were people leaving with their kids because the wind was that cold it was actually sore on your face never mind a child.

Me and my mate lasted 60 minutes before going and buying vodka from Morrisons and drinking it straight to warm us up :D.
A lot of them wee grounds on the journey back up from the 3rd division we’re cold holes lol. Arbroath away on a Monday night was one cold night in the middle of November

Coldest was up at Dens Park. Friday night. Beat 2-1. Murty greeting after the game.

Highlight was getting a decent parking spot.

Wettest. Galatasaray 2000.

Coldest. Cowdenbeath winter 2014 or was it 15. Everyone moving towards the toilet with the steam wafting out it for a heat.

Brugge away in the CL it was f**king freezing and there was a midweek away game at old tynecastle hateley scored the winner i think it absolutely pissed it down i was soaked to the skin my bovril turned into a cup of water

Dortmund away 1995 - freezing, got a pint from the stadium to drink on the way back to the bus. Was a slush puppy after 5 mins.

Hearts away mid 90’s. Freezing, snowing and raining. Made it back to the Shawlands near Larkhall and stood almost in the coal fire drying out.

25 min journey over 2 hours getting home the night of the abandoned Hearts game at Ibrox. Cars abandoned everywhere on GWR.

Feb 2010, CIS Cup Semi-Final v St Johnstone

football-rangers-v-st-johnstone-cis-cup-semi-final-hampden-park-glasgow-scotland-0910-3210-general-view-of-floodlights-snow-mandatory-credit-action-images-lee-smith-2EEFX18.jpg

_47240857_davisjoy466i.jpg

Wettest was Livorno away for me.
Remember a game at old Tannadice where it snowed the whole game, we were on the uncovered terrace behind the goal.
Think Mark Walters scored, can’t mind but I do mind a guy getting taken out the crowd with hypothermia.

A game at rugby park when only three sides of the current stadium were built,we were in an old terracing behind the goals in absolutely wild rain! Laudrup scored the winner I think
Definitely up there.
Can't remember if sitting behind the goals at Easter Road wearing a yellow poncho a few weeks later was worse. :))

Killie away in a cup replay in 2016 - rain was torrential.
League cup semi final against St Johnstone in 2010 was bad for the snow.

Probably Hearts or Livingston in the championship when it was snowing. Coldest I've been was at Dunfermline when we played East Fife in the league cup it was absolutely baltic that night.

Against Sporting Lisbon at Ibrox in October 1971 in a European Cup Winners Cup tie. Absolutely bucketed down non stop. Rangers were 3-0 up at half time and ran out 3-2 winners. Unforgettable display matched by an unforgettable soaking.

Kilmarnock away, SC replay a few years ago, last minute winner from Nicky Clark. 6 rows from the front bang behind the goal.

Rained the whole game. Drenched.

That is definitely the wettest game agreed without a doubt. It literally never stopped coming down imagine if that was on a grass pitch it would’ve been stopped at some point.

Championship
Ally’s final season as manager
21000 for a home league match vs Livi.
Utterly freezing, least I was surrounded by fellow staunch bears B-)

Dundee v Rangers in the sixties. By the time we got there they’d cancelled it because of snow. Remember going to a big hall somewhere in Dundee, all white tiled for pies and peas.
Ah then went and sat on a bucket and said ‘jings’.

Old Tannadice. Me and my brother went on Clarkston bus. Steamed up windows the whole road back, The cold and rain would probably kill me now. :eek:
Reported in press next day Stuart Munro actually got hypothermia playing in it.
Fans were made of hardy stuff back then: or we were just stupid.:))
Same game for me. Soaked to the bollocks and freezing cold. Cant believe I stood in that for the full match.

Away to Kilmarnock, 90’s torrential rain. Think their CEO apologised saying next season there would be a stand
I'd that's the one that the Clyde burst its banks and flooded the streets, I was there.

Ended up leaving at halftime for the pub.

Out bus was ok as the driver moved up the hill from the flooding.

Think it's was 95/96 season.

I watched Blyth Spartans lose 3-2 to Buxton on a freezing cold February evening.

I was numb and I’m pretty sure Blyth only conceded the goals because they had so much possession the keeper was frozen solid when Buxton broke up the park.

My knees were solid and I think it took my Granda a bit to thaw out as well.

Just remembered Osasuna at Ibrox when Hemdani scored also.
There was a game away to St Johnstone in 2010 I think and we lost 4-1 our bus got stuck in snow on the way home.

Back