Would you start Miller on Sat?

Although he has been off form, we need players who exactly what this match is all about and what it means.
If he is off form he is off form. We know that.
Should he score it would be a huge confidence booster for him, which we will benefit from.

Not for me, i would play Holt beside Jack and play Dorrans further forward against Brown, get right in the lego muchers face and wind him up from the first minute.
Tell Jack and Holt to help the wide players when needed and let Holt support Dorrans when possible.

Considering his form I’d bring him on as an impact player. He’s maybe got a thing or two to prove this season.

I’m one of his biggest fans I think he’s been a great asset but his tendency to drift deep bothers me.

On at 70 mins score the winner back to being a hero.

Would play him on left instead of windass in 4-5-1 formation.
Agree with this.
Kenny has been lacking form a bit but his experience and work rate would do well for the team especially on this side.
And he is good at staying calm and will help players do likewise.
A 60 minute hard working shift.
If we are still well in the game then its Pedro's call who replaces him.

Miller has, for the main part, been pretty poor this season however with potentially 6 or 7 derby debutants starting and 3 or 4 more on the bench, I think it would be prudent to have his experience on the pitch at kick off. Add to that the fact that Windass should be nowhere near the starting 11 on Saturday and it's a resounding "yes" for me!

No, he's not good enough and it'll be like playing with 10 men.

I don't care if he knows what it's all about, if he can't control the ball and make simple passes then he'll offer us nothing and it'll allow them to control and dominate the game.

Give the new guys a chance to perform, we'll never improve if we keep relying on a 38 year old Miller who's done.

Yes, I'd definitely start the game with him - but I'd be strict with his positioning, and I'd only give him the first half, unless he was being immensely effective.

A hard one as he has experience and would help keep a calm head for those around him.

He would probs be better coming of the bench when everyone is tiring a bit and hopefully we are still in it. Would feel even better about this scenario if we had Wallace and [layers with more experience of this game on the park.

I'm not normally in favour of Kenny starting, be should be first name tomorrow to settle the nerves of the younger and inexperienced players.

How bad does Miller have to get before we cut him loose,Does he stay till he takes the shine off his reputation as a great striker and club servant or does he leave with his reputation intact,I don't take any pleasure in criticising Kenny but he's done.

Yes and with the instruction of play like you are coming of on 50 - run yourself into the ground and hit the back post as often as possbile

Then only leave him on more than that in exceptional circumstances - then ask Windass for a high tempo, up the pace 50-90

I think its a cert that Miller will play especially after missing Tuesday. He would either play a number 10 role for me or nowhere.

We could do with his experience with losing Alves and Wallace. I think the game has came too early for Pena

It's the kind of game I would play miller. The criticism of him this year is he is prone to dropping too deep in games where he doesn't need to. However this is required against the scum.

It's a no from this Bear. He has a great record against the filth but he's finished as far as I'm concerned.

If he does play, I would love to be eating huge dollops of humble pie this time tomorrow when he scores the winner.

Would prefer not to start him but as others have said we need his experience with alves being out , and would start him instead of windass every day of the week

Yes, in the position we are in with senior players being injured and add to that Windass not kicking his own arse recently, I would play him on the left.

It's a no from me. He's useless on the left, so there is no point putting him there. I want to see Pena start with Morelos through the middle.

Has to start in wide left in midfield five, As normal Pedro will be in the wrong by the doubters if he starts or if he leaves him out. Let's leave the man alone judge him by the end of the season.

Yes and with the instruction of play like you are coming of on 50 - run yourself into the ground and hit the back post as often as possbile

Then only leave him on more than that in exceptional circumstances - then ask Windass for a high tempo, up the pace 50-90
I'd go for that....or vice versa!

We are down to the bare bones. Or less. Miller plays. Might not last 90 mins, but there will be no 'impact' he can make if we've already capitulated by 60 mins. Miller will never capitulate.

Back