Votes: 27 2.5%

Votes: 198 18.1%

Votes: 76 7.0%

Votes: 98 9.0%

Votes: 170 15.6%

Votes: 268 24.5%

Votes: 170 15.6%

• Total voters
Climbing the walls waiting for transfer news so passing some time. We've had various different shades of blue over the years. Vote for which number is your preferred Rangers blue. Post your own examples not shown if you can be fųcked! Number 3 for me:cool:

AIREVITAL-V1.jpg

AIREVITAL-V1.jpg

AIREVITAL-V1.jpg

AIREVITAL-V1.jpg

AIREVITAL-V1.jpg

AIREVITAL-V1.jpg

AIREVITAL-V1.jpg

AIREVITAL-V1.jpg
Can't bring myself to pick a favourite, I love them all

That's an interesting take. Our current kit looks quite a similar shade to that. We also had a Saltire on the shoulder of our 2006/07 kit. This one reminds me of Barry Ferguson, Kris Boyd and unfortunately Paul LeGuen!

AIREVITAL-V1.jpg

Screenshot-20220114-083926-Samsung-Internet.jpg

The Umbro logo was bizarrely way too high on the kits from this era.
Imagine the uproar if the flag was the Union Jack

That's an interesting take. Our current kit looks quite a similar shade to that. We also had a Saltire on the shoulder of our 2006/07 kit. This one reminds me of Barry Ferguson, Kris Boyd and unfortunately Paul LeGuen!

AIREVITAL-V1.jpg

Screenshot-20220114-083926-Samsung-Internet.jpg

The Umbro logo was bizarrely way too high on the kits from this era.
If we’re going Pantone, then it’s Royal Blue for me (the official shade of the Union Flag) which is Pantone 280. I think Jersey No. 8 is closest to that, which was always my favourite anyway.

Climbing the walls waiting for transfer news so passing some time. We've had various different shades of blue over the years. Vote for which number is your preferred Rangers blue. Post your own examples not shown if you can be fųcked! Number 3 for me:cool:

AIREVITAL-V1.jpg

AIREVITAL-V1.jpg

AIREVITAL-V1.jpg

AIREVITAL-V1.jpg

AIREVITAL-V1.jpg

AIREVITAL-V1.jpg

AIREVITAL-V1.jpg

AIREVITAL-V1.jpg
60's strip, and blue for me everytime.

AIREVITAL-V1.jpg

AIREVITAL-V1.jpg

AIREVITAL-V1.jpg

AIREVITAL-V1.jpg

AIREVITAL-V1.jpg

AIREVITAL-V1.jpg

AIREVITAL-V1.jpg

AIREVITAL-V1.jpg
7 for me,that’s the blue strip I first saw my hero’s play in.And that particular top (cwc72) is my cutting about the house with my joggies on Sunday best.

As an auld git I loved 8 the best but shade of blue is 2 for me.
I've been waiting for someone to post about the Diadora blue being their favourite shade of blue.

I'm just curious mate, what makes that the best shade for you? For me it was an anomaly, just couldn't understand why it looked so odd and bright for a Rangers shirt.

You're not alone though cause 15 people voted for itB-)

There is only one blue and thats the 1960's version. Any blue that came after that was different was simply a mistake on the part of the manufacturer. Shame on them.

I've been waiting for someone to post about the Diadora blue being their favourite shade of blue.

I'm just curious mate, what makes that the best shade for you? For me it was an anomaly, just couldn't understand why it looked so odd and bright for a Rangers shirt.

Nostalgia I suppose plus my 14 year old granddaughter commented that there’s no badge on it. I told her that’s why we’re the Famous Rangers. We didn’t need a badge to be recognised.

Edit: Sorry I misread what you wrote. I loved that shade of blue in the Diadora shirt. Comparing them all that was the one I found most striking.

I agree. I also like the kit when we change it at away games to blue shorts and socks. A full blue kit stands out and looks good. I think we should mix it up , as long as blue is the main colour
Full blue kit has essentially become our European kit of choice

For some reason we always mix it up against Hibs away but we always wear our home top. Either Blue shorts and red socks or more recently playing in all blue.

Having jerseys with two tones of blue - NTL one - is just greedy :shh:

All the darker ones.
Rangers' historical blue is royal blue, as it's clearly shown in the 'historical kits' sketch, I don't like light blue and the kits Rangers put out ever since the 2000s on.
I voted 8, the classic Rangers shirt. I liked them all until year 2002. Cr Smith was marvellous, the striped one in 1982 was marvellous, the Adidas ones were marvellous.
I just can't recognise Rangers playing with these pale blue shirts.

All the darker ones.
Rangers' historical blue is royal blue, as it's clearly shown in the 'historical kits' sketch, I don't like light blue and the kits Rangers put out ever since the 2000s on.
I voted 8, the classic Rangers shirt. I liked them all until year 2002. Cr Smith was marvellous, the striped one in 1982 was marvellous, the Adidas ones were marvellous.
I just can't recognise Rangers playing with these pale blue shirts.
I'm the same. Last seasons was the wrong colour for me. Resembled our Sun bleached seats too much.

Nice bump, this was before I knew we'd sign Ramsey and barely play then miss a decisive Euro final penalty! :(

This for me is the best colour by far and the best strip we've had in decades. Easily the best.
It really was a cracker. Only downside (correct me if I'm wrong) was the RFC crest was rubber and not stitched. I loved the rich blue, I still go and watch old games on YouTube to see it again, looks lovely in the night time Europa games.

It is a great question and very difficult in my opinion to choose. I voted for number 7. However, I would love to see us bring out a jersey that is the identical shade to the official Saltire of Scotland which is 'Pantone 300' and also the same shade as the NHS logo. I would love to see this for various reasons:
  • Embrace Scotland and Scottishness whenever we can. The Founding Fathers choose blue for our jersey for a reason.
  • Start to take back our identity even if it is just a very small part which has been hijacked from the Republican and Independant crackpots and hypocrites.
  • To represent Scotland's Premier Football Club in our country.
  • To get it right up the lot of them and have them spewing at the sight of a Saltire shade of Blue on the team they despise for being Scottish AND British.

images
PMS 300 was chosen by the nats when they got in power. The true colour of the saltire is a navy blue- as depicted in the union flag.

I dont think the colour most of us would describe as rangers blue has an exact code, but sitting looking at a pantone book just now, i would say somewhere along the lines of 2935.

I think these are the colour codes of the blue they came up with.

Hex #0033A0
RAL 5002
Pantone 286C

It all depends on the material of the jersey. The umbro one above with the rugby style collar is a flat material, so would better match an uncoated pantone, where as the cr smith top for instance has a sheen so you would go with the C colours.

I actually really really liked this shirt, it's just a shame that the majority of players that wore it, you'd rather forget about.

Special mentions to Waldo, McCulloch and this man.

Beautiful top but.
Simplistic and a cracking shade of blue.
WV9-Rangers-training.jpg
That strip was an absolute cracker - like you say, it is unfortunate that it will always be associated with a bad time for the club.

For me, this top is the exception to that. My favourite top, never had it off as a kid. Lovely deep blue too.

rangers-1996-97-adidas-home-match-worn-shirt-a.jpg
This top and this colour of blue for me all day long.

I bought the original when it first came out and last year gave it to my daughter cos she loves it too....then I demanded it back to wear in Seville :))

Back