Fans reaction and atmosphere this Thursday?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Then they should be booing more than just Goldson.

Would anyone in the squad really get pass marks so far?

Goldson singled out for stating the obvious about Sunday when everyone except Aribo basically gave up at half time.

Hell, one of the first things Gerrard all but admitted when he left was that nobody was up for it this season because they felt last season was job done and the hunger is gone. Goldson just said it out loud in the wrong place at the wrong time.

This is my position on it

I've got absolutely no expectation for the atmosphere on Thursday. I think it could be pretty flat.

There will be the uaual blast of noise at kick off and then everyone will sit down and all you'll hear is the Sparta fans and our we band of singers in BF1. Basically, the usual.

Want to be wrong on this occasion.

I fear you will be correct.

Lyon and Brondy atmosphere was terrible, not even the noisy brondy fans could spark a reaction.

Jägers sorted for train from EK - tick
Youngest lad now 18 and heading to Louden with his bigger brother and me - tick
So that's 3 of us well up for it B-D

Until Sunday the atmosphere was destined to be up there however I have my doubts now sadly. An early goal for US is a must

Lyon and Brondy atmosphere was terrible, not even the noisy brondy fans could spark a reaction.

Atmosphere in general at Ibrox this season has been shite.

After not being at games last season everyone was on about how they missed it and couldn't wait to get back and get the atmosphere going etc etc.

Cue, still a shite atmosphere and more fans than ever leaving games early :(

It’ll be the same as usual.

Sound good at kick off then flatten out.

These players ripped the piss out of our support on Sunday and they owe us one - good atmosphere or not.

And some players owe us more than that because it’s either a new beginning for them for here on in or the beginning of the end.

Usual replies of “it’ll be electric” etc when it very seldom is

Every European game so far apart from the first 30 against Malmö has been a complete damp squib from the crowd and I include the Brondby game.

I predict if we score early it’ll be alright until Goldson plays a poor pass and then the knives will be out. Can already see the old geezers pacing their living rooms just now in excitement at getting to shout and ball at Goldson / Tav

how do we see it going?

Do we think Goldson will get the "Amoruso" treatment, and be the subject of the boo boys?

It wouldn't surprise me to hear a negative reaction when the teamsheet is read out and when he touches the ball. Which is bizarre given its our new gaffers first game (but in someway totally understandable!)

Think Thursday could be a real weird one
No, booing our own is never understandable. I will be mortified if morons in our crowd start that.

Atmosphere in general at Ibrox this season has been shite.

After not being at games last season everyone was on about how they missed it and couldn't wait to get back and get the atmosphere going etc etc.

Cue, still a shite atmosphere and more fans than ever leaving games early :(

Malmo first half was good and game against them that's been it.

After we equalised against the sheep the noise was incredible for a few mins but then died away.

Hopefully tommorow is like Feyenoord or Rapid Veinna game.

Then they should be booing more than just Goldson.

Would anyone in the squad really get pass marks so far?

Goldson singled out for stating the obvious about Sunday when everyone except Aribo basically gave up at half time.

Hell, one of the first things Gerrard all but admitted when he left was that nobody was up for it this season because they felt last season was job done and the hunger is gone. Goldson just said it out loud in the wrong place at the wrong time.
I agree, that’s why I won’t be booing any individuals for that disgrace of a team performance, I’m just saying I understand why people would a lot more than I normally do

Malmo first half was good and game against them that's been it.

After we equalised against the sheep the noise was incredible for a few mins but then died away.

Hopefully tommorow is like Feyenoord or Rapid Veinna game.

Yep - i'm hoping tomorrow is a cracker and one of these games and atmospheres we talk about in years to come.

We really need to step it up and really help this team and our new manager. That's what we are there for - to support the team.

A 2-0 win sees us in Europe after Christmas for 3rd consecutive year. Boo one of the standout players in achieving that before he even kicks a ball, because that all makes perfect sense.

It's absolute cretin behaviour.

Almost as if the crowd is inspired by performances on the pitch :D

I don’t think the UK will ever really buy into the foreign ultra style of singing happily every minute of the game despite what’s happening on the park.

To a certain extent, everyone deserves a clean slate along with the new manager.

I'm reluctant to hold Goldson's comments in the heat of the moment against him. Especially enough to boo him during a game - I wouldn't do that to any Rangers player anyway. He deserves a chance to show he can turn his mindset and performance around under the new regime. We also need to trust that the new regime will act accordingly whether he does or doesn't.

Madness booing a player when we need a top performance from him and entire team. Atmosphere will be ok at KO but unless there is an early goal it'll get quiet and nervous. Team owes all those who went on Sunday

Leave Goldson out of this ffs.

Get behind the team and our new manager !!

I totally agree with you mate but will that be the mindset of the 40 odd thousands bears inside Ibrox?

We’ve had two Rangers legends absolutely slaughter Goldson for his comments in two consecutive days in the paper - I would not be surprised if there are some boo’s.

There’s no point crying over the League Cup. It’s done.

We can still win 2IAR and secure automatic CL group stage football for next season.

We can still win the Scottish Cup when our participation begins.

And on Thursday, we can secure qualification for the last 32 of the EL and see where that takes us.

New manager, new era. A fresh start for all.

The team need our support.

I think Goldson will get pelters if he makes mistakes

He made the comments. He needs to own the fallout

All STH’s and the 1000’s who bought RTV last season to help the club but also to ensure the players did not have to take a wage cut so we deserve to be treated with respect and not treated like shit

Goldson clearly wants away

I will not boo him but he better be prepared for others to react if he phucks up

We want winners with the right attitude and commitment at our club. Goldson has obviously lost a bit of the hunger and it’s not acceptable

It’s down to him to prove us wrong and go out and play well and avoid getting a bad reaction from the fans

It doesn't take much for a lot of the crowd to turn on certain players and ultimately the team. Ibrox is out of this world when the fans are with the players but the polar opposite when they aren't.

There will be a lot of fans just waiting for a mistake form Goldson to go after him.

We can still win 2IAR and secure automatic CL group stage football for next season.

And on Thursday, we can secure qualification for the last 32 of the EL and see where that takes us.

Exactly RHB.

Our clubs future starts tomorrow.

Let’s do ourselves justice supporting GVB and the team.

Rangers are bigger than every one of them.

Far too positive for my liking ;)

Same as always, it will entirely depend how they play

They score, go 1-0 up, fans will be with them.

They don't and they lose a goal they will rightly get absolute pelters for it.

It won't take much for Goldson to get it tight

That's when the fans will be needed the most too and it's why despite glimpses of being one of the best supports in the world I generally think we're crap supporters a lot of the time.

I totally agree with you mate but will that be the mindset of the 40 odd thousands bears inside Ibrox?

We’ve had two Rangers legends absolutely slaughter Goldson for his comments in two consecutive days in the paper - I would not be surprised if there are some boo’s.
I see what you are saying mate. Totally.

An important game like this is not the time or place for getting on players backs etc.

Whatever anyone thinks of them, we NEED these players more than ever. Tomorrow's game and the next 5/6 weeks of fixtures will be massive in determining the shape of our season. We need these players onside. We don't need them being affected by negativity raining down from the stands and feeling like they want to chuck it. That would only end one way - and our season will be in bits.

Yes, if it doesn’t go to plan I don’t doubt he will be the main focus of the fans, maybe with Morelos & Tav, if FF is indicative of our fans emotions mate.

For the record, I wouldn’t have let him run his contract out this season, but I’m not going to boo the guy. A dangerous precedent has been set now.

I hope we as a Fanbase focus more on supporting GVB’s new era.

The power is not really with the club though, he has an entitlement to play out his contract, we wouldn’t be able to force a move for him if it’s his preference to sit in and maximise his last big contract.

Setting a precedent is a good point but I do believe we have signed players to improve and sell on, i’m not convinced CG was one of those players.

RW is aware, i think we will see movement this Jan and summer

I’m confident we will get a reaction from the players,hopefully an early goal to settle us down.
I wish I was.
Our back four look like they're expecting to lose an early goal. It's like a self fulfilling prophecy.
Somebody in that back four needs to step up and take responsibility.

That's when the fans will be needed the most too and it's why despite glimpses of being one of the best supports in the world I generally think we're crap supporters a lot of the time.

I just find the mythical chat on here about simply backing the team regardless totally out of touch with what going to a game of football actually is personally, being in a stadium just really isn't like that at all often

The power is not really with the club though, he has an entitlement to play out his contract, we wouldn’t be able to force a move for him if it’s his preference to sit in and maximise his last big contract.

Setting a precedent is a good point but I do believe we have signed players to improve and sell on, i’m not convinced CG was one of those players.

RW is aware, i think we will see movement this Jan and summer

Yes, I’ll be amazed if discussions & negotiations aren’t already in motion.

We need to support the club, as we always have, and let RW & Gio put the building blocks in place for our future BG.

I expect at least a new CD to be signed, albeit i have to wonder whether one is enough ?

Goldson couldn’t even be motivated to try pull a 2 goal deficit back with 45 to go

I’m not defending him Scott, you can read previous posts mate.

Rangers are much much bigger than Connor Goldson.

Rangers are OUR club. We are the one consistent thing about the club over the years & decades.

Let’s not let ourselves down & give Gio the support he needs, despite a few bawbags in the dressing room.

I would also like to add that in the latter half of Advocaat's tenure, the dressing room was lost and we were going nowhere.

McLeish comes in and suddenly the dressing room rallies round and we win 5 out of the next 6 domestic trophies (the one we miss out on being the league title in his first season, which was already effectively lost when he was appointed).

We should never underestimate the effect of bringing in a new manager.

If anyone does not react after that performance, in a huge must win european game at home with a new manager in place then their heart is not in it and they need to be shown the door.

No passengers. We need players who are willing to give their all on our pitch, no matter how long they see themselves here.

Thursday will show all of us who is in it for the long run or who is just going through the motions, regardless of any previous contributions, if they are not doing it on Thursday then they simply must be told it’s time to move on

Let’s be really blatant here.

Our job as fans is to absolutely terrify these horrible scumbags.

Let’s support the greatest club in the world & never forget Bill Struth’s words.

Whoever wears the Rangers jerseys should not change that.

This season is MASSIVE for our future, so let’s do what WE can to help it.

I’m still so fucking angry with the team

It might be best I don’t attend

Think I’ll give my ticket to my daughter tbh

Don’t want to get arrested

Start a fresh tomorrow night. The semi's been and gone. I confident we'll get the win, hopefully training has been focused on set peice defending because I feel it could cost us

Ibrox simply has to be in full voice and support our new manager for the full 90 minutes. Anyone who leaves early should have their ST revoked.
People who leave consistently should be forced to stay behind at the next game for an extra 30 mins.

Booing isn’t going to help Gio. He deserves support from us to get this mob back on track. No point him snd his team working on their motivation for us to just boo. Give them a chance. We’re still 4 points ahead in the league so let’s not become part of the problem.

Gio will get a phenomenal response.

The likes of Goldson and Tav will be in for a tough time if they don’t look bothered (Goldson) or drop more clangers (Tav).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back