Fans reaction and atmosphere this Thursday?

Status
Not open for further replies.

LoyalAndBlue82

Official Ticketer
how do we see it going?

Do we think Goldson will get the "Amoruso" treatment, and be the subject of the boo boys?

It wouldn't surprise me to hear a negative reaction when the teamsheet is read out and when he touches the ball. Which is bizarre given its our new gaffers first game (but in someway totally understandable!)

Think Thursday could be a real weird one

In order to prevent that type of reaction tomorrow night, CG should come out and at least try to pretend he worded his statement wrong.

Unfortunately l think this hanging over him, and us since Sunday will overshadow the actual event which is disappointing.

He owes us some huge performances, he can start by playing out of his skin tomorrow night.

I don’t agree with what Connor Goldson said but at the same time I also don’t agree with booing our own. I don’t think that will serve any purpose. His head will drop even lower and he will become unbelievably nervous on every touch.

I think he will know by now how stupid those comments were and how angry we are. Thursday is about the team, not him.

I say we remember what he said but for the good of our club and new manager we cheer them all on.

how do we see it going?

Do we think Goldson will get the "Amoruso" treatment, and be the subject of the boo boys?

It wouldn't surprise me to hear a negative reaction when the teamsheet is read out and when he touches the ball. Which is bizarre given its our new gaffers first game (but in someway totally understandable!)

Never boo the Blue

Same as always, it will entirely depend how they play

They score, go 1-0 up, fans will be with them.

They don't and they lose a goal they will rightly get absolute pelters for it.

It won't take much for Goldson to get it tight

I suspect Goldson will do the presser later today - he should anyway.

Anyone that boo’s him though should be ashamed of themselves. He’s a league title winner and it all stems from him not signing a new contract.

Let that sink in, he may be booed for seeing out a contract - the world has gone mad

That team better show hunger and desire on Thursday. Otherwise, I think fans will turn on some players. Hopefully GVB has told them he expects a reaction.

It will be positive initially but after that it will really depend how the team performs. If we go behind I expect the crowd will start to get on Goldson‘s back.

I can see Goldson having to clarify his words in a statement, it has grown into a massive issue now

I'll be right behind the the team and I'm looking forward to see what Gio can bring, but If we lose an early goal I think the fans will turn on a number of players. We will have to be patient.

Booing should be a major no no. Big Gough was spot on in saying Tav was equally as poor with not coming out to face the media but the whole team is going to need backed to give us our best chance. I just hope to god we get a goal reasonably early as I don’t think it will take too long for some to turn.

Clean slate, fresh start under the new management team. Why wouldn’t we be getting behind them?

This isn’t a bad team and they are good enough to win tonight and also the league as they proved last season.

Just need a major change in attitude and I’m hopeful GVB is the man to bring that on.

Plus we are playing this rancid Prague lot. Slavia/Sparta same filth for me.

We’ve been baying for their blood since March and the first game only fuelled our anger. I hope the players feel the same.

Anyone that boo’s him though should be ashamed of themselves. He’s a league title winner and it all stems from him not signing a new contract.

Let that sink in, he may be booed for seeing out a contract - the world has gone mad
If he does get booed (which I don't agree with) then it's about far more than him not signing a new contract. He's been abysmal all season and seems to blame everyone else for defensive errors even when he's at fault.

Then you've got his interview...

He's nowhere near as good as he thinks he is.

Disagree.

I won’t personally boo him, but his comments were a disgrace as a Rangers player.

Are you suggesting Gough & Numan are criticising him because he isn’t extending BG ?

Clean slate, fresh start under the new management team. Why wouldn’t we be getting behind them?

This isn’t a bad team and they are good enough to win tonight and also the league as they proved last season.

Just need a major change in attitude and I’m hopeful GVB is the man to bring that on.

Plus we are playing this rancid Prague lot. Slavia/Sparta same filth for me.

We’ve been baying for their blood since March and the first game only fuelled our anger. I hope the players feel the same.

If our players can’t be motivated for this bunch of racists they should Chuck it.

Thursday so important for many reasons. Sundays gone.
This is about Gio and back room staff realising what this club means to us and we have to show them we support them and are 110% behind them from first whistle.
The club need the money. And we have to deal with the racists.

CG dug a massive hole for himself with that declaration of absolute stupidity.
It may be viewed by some as a statement of truth, from the heart, but this is Rangers FC he's playing for, and if he doesn't realise and respect the traditions, standards and values built up over what is approaching 150 years, then it's best for all the parties that his employment with the club ends in January 2022.

That said, I'll never boo any player in our wonderful colours. The overall crowd reaction however, will I think depend on how well or how badly we play.

In order to prevent that type of reaction tomorrow night, CG should come out and at least try to pretend he worded his statement wrong.

Unfortunately l think this hanging over him, and us since Sunday will overshadow the actual event which is disappointing.

He owes us some huge performances, he can start by playing out of his skin tomorrow night.
He didn't word anything, the guff tumbled out of his mouth. It's all there in glorious technicolour and no apologies will ever suffice.

Anyway, back to the subject matter, the fans will be up for it, no doubt till the first signs of the defence fecking up, then they'll get antsy.

I've got absolutely no expectation for the atmosphere on Thursday. I think it could be pretty flat.

There will be the uaual blast of noise at kick off and then everyone will sit down and all you'll hear is the Sparta fans and our we band of singers in BF1. Basically, the usual.

Want to be wrong on this occasion.

HEs an embarrassment.

If the team come out and play attractive football (which I doubt) the atmosphere will be half decent, but if they do this losing an early goal and nonstop mistakes, will be its usual stale pish.

No, he’d get booed for completely phoning it in every game in a vital season for the club’s financial livelihood and admitting to not having the passion required anymore to turn his shite performances around, effectively picking up a wage for little return

Booing our players isn’t my style, but I understand why people would

how do we see it going?

Think it will be fine but I do also worry that we are getting close to a situation where Goldson could be booed on the pitch.

I think his comments were poor and to be honest it should have been Tav doing the interviews post match.

Too many people taking his comments in the most uncharitable way possible and also not acknowledging that what Goldson said reflects the mood in the dressing room so he's not the only one with that attitude. He'll bear the brunt of the fans anger as if he was the only one not giving 100% to get back into the game.

Disagree.

I won’t personally boo him, but his comments were a disgrace as a Rangers player.

Are you suggesting Gough & Numan are criticising him because he isn’t extending BG ?

No, i’m not suggesting that GY.

I said it all stems from him not signing a new deal, it started months ago on here.

His comments were not thought out but it was straight after a game and emotions were high.

My worry is that atmosphere will become toxic and will be directed at him regardless of how he is playing.

No, he’d get booed for completely phoning it in every game in a vital season for the club’s financial livelihood and admitting to not having the passion required anymore to turn his shite performances around, effectively picking up a wage for little return

Then they should be booing more than just Goldson.

Would anyone in the squad really get pass marks so far?

Goldson singled out for stating the obvious about Sunday when everyone except Aribo basically gave up at half time.

Hell, one of the first things Gerrard all but admitted when he left was that nobody was up for it this season because they felt last season was job done and the hunger is gone. Goldson just said it out loud in the wrong place at the wrong time.

I certainly wont be booing anyone and I will be giving the team my full backing (until of course we concede our inevitable early first goal from a passback which mcgregor allows to evaporate through him, at which stage I will enter full blown sheldon cooper brown paper bag anxiety mode)

You have underlined my concern to be honest.

No, i’m not suggesting that GY.

I said it all stems from him not signing a new deal, it started months ago on here.

His comments were not thought out but it was straight after a game and emotions were high.

My worry is that atmosphere will become toxic and will be directed at him regardless of how he is playing.

Yes, if it doesn’t go to plan I don’t doubt he will be the main focus of the fans, maybe with Morelos & Tav, if FF is indicative of our fans emotions mate.

For the record, I wouldn’t have let him run his contract out this season, but I’m not going to boo the guy. A dangerous precedent has been set now.

I hope we as a Fanbase focus more on supporting GVB’s new era.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back