Fans reaction and atmosphere this Thursday?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I expect a good atmosphere first 5 mins at least but after recent disappointment I don't think it'll be full pelt. Plus the ever growing expectancy of losing the first goal has everyone on edge as it is. Gio will get plenty of backing before kick off though but I expect a nervous Ibrox again.

I’m not defending him Scott, you can read previous posts mate.

Rangers are much much bigger than Connor Goldson.

Rangers are OUR club. We are the one consistent thing about the club over the years & decades.

Let’s not let ourselves down & give Gio the support he needs, despite a few bawbags in the dressing room.
No I know mate but if that’s his attitude then lost hunger comment I doubt very much gio will be able to change that
I wouldn’t want him booed would never boo one of our players but that will really trigger most especially our support lately

If the players are pressing full of energy etc the fans will get behind them.

If the players can't be bothered then that's another story

No I know mate but if that’s his attitude then lost hunger comment I doubt very much gio will be able to change that
I wouldn’t want him booed would never boo one of our players but that will really trigger most especially our support lately

Spot on. If these guys don’t give it everything tomorrow night then some will let rip.

Goldson, Alfie & Tav are in the spotlight more than most.

Personally I just want a good impressive win & it changes things dramatically.

how do we see it going?

Do we think Goldson will get the "Amoruso" treatment, and be the subject of the boo boys?

It wouldn't surprise me to hear a negative reaction when the teamsheet is read out and when he touches the ball. Which is bizarre given its our new gaffers first game (but in someway totally understandable!)

Think Thursday could be a real weird one
Get behind the team and our manager.

Spot on. If these guys don’t give it everything tomorrow night then some will let rip.

Goldson, Alfie & Tav are in the spotlight more than most.

Personally I just want a good impressive win & it changes things dramatically.
I'd play bacuna and keep morelos in and around the penalty box. We need 3 goals. 2 for the win and 1 to compensate for the one we lose in the first 15mins

I actually feel sad at how this is panning out. It could have been so different. These guys and Gerrard who got us 55, had such a hold over the support, and lofty status. He's slunk away, and his generals are losing support by the day. A sad end to what could have been legendary status for one and all
I wouldn't and couldn't bring myself to boo Goldson or any player. I want him gone yesterday, but we have no one else. Give him and the rest our support, and if they phone it in again a la Hampden, we could have problems going forward.

I'd play bacuna and keep morelos in and around the penalty box. We need 3 goals. 2 for the win and 1 to compensate for the one we lose in the first 15mins

Yes, we need to target 3 or even 4 JNS.

I think this mob could be intimidated, and we need to do that in these circumstances.

Fans & players.

They lost 4 at the weekend, so they have as many issues as us.

If the press is to be believed (ha ha) Sparta are terrified of the reception they will get and have hired extra security etc. so if we can get Ibrox rocking the game should be a dawdle.

If it’s true that they’ve only brought 40 fans, which I read on here, they are ready for an uncomfortable night.

Let’s be good hosts & oblige lol

I've no worries about the fans but plenty about the players. What purpose would it serve turning against Goldson currently we havent got anyone else to play his position. You have got to be at the wind up if you think Balogun and Simpson / Bassey is a better pairing!

Tomorrow's game will put down a marker for the rest of December at least. It is crucial we get behind the new manager. He mustn't pay the price for our pent up rage at the position we find ourselves in. We need to forget the booing and get behind the team from the off and keep it going. This game is too important to us to let personalities get in the way. If some are not doing the business on the park we have to let the manager deal with that. The Ibrox crowd can be immense but can also be horribly intimidating. Let's make sure it is the former.

I've no worries about the fans but plenty about the players. What purpose would it serve turning against Goldson currently we havent got anyone else to play his position. You have got to be at the wind up if you think Balogun and Simpson / Bassey is a better pairing!
Exactly.

Like it or lump it we need this group of players for defining the shape of our season. The next few weeks are absolutely critical to going towards what we all want to achieve.

Now is the time for support and togetherness. Turning against them and we can forget any success this season.

The next 5 weeks are crucial to our season. Let’s back the team to the hilt as they’re going to need it. Tomorrow night will take care of itself but going forward the focus must be on the league. This 4 point gap could change very quickly as the filth, Aberdeen and Hibs have all been at home with the return games on the horizon.
As far as Goldson is concerned I’m not his biggest fan but I wouldn’t level him being a non trier, maybe an over inflated opinion of himself. Hopefully GvB has seen what can be improved and is given patience and time to sort it out.

how do we see it going?

Do we think Goldson will get the "Amoruso" treatment, and be the subject of the boo boys?

It wouldn't surprise me to hear a negative reaction when the teamsheet is read out and when he touches the ball. Which is bizarre given its our new gaffers first game (but in someway totally understandable!)

Any Rangers fan booing or getting on a Rangers players back is a dick

It should be electric given what is at stake and the history between us and the Prague clubs.

Not convinced it will be though, but we’ll see.

Anyone booing Goldson should get a slap for being a moron.

You are right, but Goldson is a special case. Hopefully he puts in a big performance, but if he doesn’t I wouldn’t blame anyone for booing him. He should be shown the door for what he said on Sunday.

What a load of shite. Why should he be shown the door for saying something that people on here have been saying all season? Away and give yourself peace.

You are right, but Goldson is a special case. Hopefully he puts in a big performance, but if he doesn’t I wouldn’t blame anyone for booing him. He should be shown the door for what he said on Sunday.

I'm not sure it's Goldson that is the... "special case".

Anyone booing Goldson, or any other Rangers player should fuuck off over to the piggery.

How is that going to help us win an absolutely crucial game?

I'm expecting the crowd to get behind the new manager and the team tomorrow night.

how do we see it going?

Absolute nonsense, why will it be weird. It’s a huge game and Gio’s first. We had 50k backing the team in the 2nd division ffs!
Let’s go Rangers!

What a load of shite. Why should he be shown the door for saying something that people on here have been saying all season? Away and give yourself peace.
Maybe for not signing a contract or blaming everyone else when he is absolute shite himself? Anyone who says we’ve lost a game when we’re only 3-1 down at half time has no place at the club in my and many other great men’s opinions. No surrender and all that. %^*& Goldson! He had one good season when there were no crowds there, enough said. The most pathetic vice captain I’ve ever seen in my life.

Maybe for not signing a contract or blaming everyone else when he is absolute shite himself? Anyone who says we’ve lost a game when we’re only 3-1 down at half time has no place at the club in my and many other great men’s opinions. No surrender and all that. %^*& Goldson! He had one good season when there were no crowds there, enough said. The most pathetic vice captain I’ve ever seen in my life.

Ah, here we go - fully on-board the yahoo narrative.

I hope to god that Connor doesn't make an @rse of anything early doors, otherwise he could find himself getting some flack.

As I say, away and give yourself peace.

The stuff about ‘no crowds’ is pure timmery, btw, I would expect a self appointed ‘great man’ to push that nonsense.

If you are going along with the view of barracking a Rangers player tomorrow don’t bother.

How the hell does that help the team you support ?

Mind you, Slavia will be happy with you.

He didn’t say he’d lost his hunger, WTF are you rabbling about, you’re having a nightmare here pal.
Not really, just can’t believe people are sticking up for him. Didn’t you watch his interview after the game on Sunday or read what Gough or Numan had to say about it?

It will be flat & shite as per usual at Ibrox.

Gio will get a great reception.. Blue sea of Ibrox will sound great on Kick off...

Then it will fall silent

A great performance is the only thing that will get us going.

The next 5 weeks are crucial to our season. Let’s back the team to the hilt as they’re going to need it. Tomorrow night will take care of itself but going forward the focus must be on the league. This 4 point gap could change very quickly as the filth, Aberdeen and Hibs have all been at home with the return games on the horizon.
As far as Goldson is concerned I’m not his biggest fan but I wouldn’t level him being a non trier, maybe an over inflated opinion of himself. Hopefully GvB has seen what can be improved and is given patience and time to sort it out.
I agree with this.

Now and again I come out with a "for %^*& sake," insert Morelos, Tav, Goldson etc but never, ever boo the team. Why would you?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back