Fans reaction and atmosphere this Thursday?

Status
Not open for further replies.
It’s true though. He’s lost his hunger after one trophy, in a how long career? Absolutely disgraceful what he did and said on Sunday.

He'd a fuuckin microphone rammed into his face the minute he walked off the park, after semi final defeat.
His head would be scrambled and probably what he meant to say didn't come out right.

He's a footballer, not a public speaker ffs.

The one thing you can never accuse Goldson of is chucking it, no matter how he plays.

He was far from the worst on Sunday and there were a good few others far more culpable than him.

As Gio said today, he was emotional after a defeat and we move on to Sparta.

Atmosphere in general at Ibrox this season has been shite.

After not being at games last season everyone was on about how they missed it and couldn't wait to get back and get the atmosphere going etc etc.

Cue, still a shite atmosphere and more fans than ever leaving games early :(
Will never change mate.

Not really, just can’t believe people are sticking up for him. Didn’t you watch his interview after the game on Sunday or read what Gough or Numan had to say about it?

I've got 100% respect for Gough and Numan, but Ian Ferguson went for Numan and a couple of others, when he accused them of not caring enough, after a 5-1 pumping at the piggery.
Advocaat stood back and let him get on with it.

Also Richard Gough was captain when Andy Goram took the absolute pish out of Rangers, during the 9 in a row season and our attempt at 10.
Rarely fit, regularly on the booze, despite being put on several injury rehab programmes.

I hope he'd a few words with Goram, but I've never heard him mention it before.

It's my 14 year old son's first ever "competitive" game at Ibrox, I'm absolutely buzzing for him, huge game, under the lights, crowd roaring the team on, he won't know what to think! :))

Enjoy mate.

One for you both to remember.

He'd a fuuckin microphone rammed into his face the minute he walked off the park, after semi final defeat.
His head would be scrambled and probably what he meant to say didn't come out right.

The one thing you can never accuse Goldson of is chucking it, no matter how he plays.

He was far from the worst on Sunday and there were a good few others far more culpable than him.

Don’t disagree with you much MU, but we’ve lost many games over the 51 years I’ve watched the club week in & week out.

During that time we have had microphones stuffed under many players noses when they are emotional.

I’ve never heard a Ranger responding like that, accepting that we were beaten at half time. He’s an experienced player that’s been here a few years & knows our expectations.

Sorry, I’ll never accept that response at our club.

Not really, just can’t believe people are sticking up for him. Didn’t you watch his interview after the game on Sunday or read what Gough or Numan had to say about it?

Yes I watched it, he was quite clearly as pissed off as we were, said some stuff in the heat of the moment, stuff that people on here have been saying for weeks btw.

We have a new manager and its a fresh start, anyone contemplating or even justifying booing a Rangers player is an idiot.

Anyone booing or abusing our own players needs marched out the stadium and banned. It's disgraceful and utterly counter productive, yes it's frustrating when the team / a player isn't playing well , but that's football.

Anyone booing Goldson, or any other Rangers player should fuuck off over to the piggery.

How is that going to help us win an absolutely crucial game?

I'm expecting the crowd to get behind the new manager and the team tomorrow night.
This from people who revelled in the papes making a james hunt of themselves last season. Are some trying to outdo them?

I fear if things don't go well we will have developed our own marine life in the common shark thrower.

I have a feeling it’s going to be a flat affair…

It could get nasty if we go a goal down….

Don’t disagree with you much MU, but we’ve lost many games over the 51 years I’ve watched the club week in & week out.

During that time we have had microphones stuffed under many players noses when they are emotional.

I’ve never heard a Ranger responding like that, accepting that we were beaten at half time. He’s an experienced player that’s been here a few years & knows our expectations.

He probably regrets what he said, for me he meant that we’d given ourselves a mountain to climb and he was pissed off we’d got ourselves in that position first half. I liked how much he cared and how angry he was, even if he did word his response clumsily.

I think people are making far more out of it than needs be to be honest.

All goldson done was fall into the media trap of saying something without thinking, a trap the media have been laying for years.

God knows it's got many into trouble over the years and that's what they look for.

if the players can't get themselves up for this one - a game against the racists along with a new manager in place - then the problems and general malaise are much worse than we thought.

I'm in BF1 so it'll be fantastic as always. I've got to the point where I'd almost rather not go than sit anywhere else.

If its flat given we have a new manager making his debut and its against a horrible club we have history with, and the fans turn on players then we are not as great a support that people think we are.
I could be completely wrong, and it could be a monumental turning point, but I think there will be a tense undercurrent, which could affect how the players start and settle into the game.

Place will be bouncing at the start with Gio getting a huge welcome.

After that it will depend on how the game goes. Would be nice to get an early goal or even just the first one for a change to set us on the right foot.

Nothing wrong with a wee disagreement now and again mate.
;)

It was a car crash of an interview G, but he never played like he wasn't trying.

There's far too much getting made of an interview straight after a game and it's actually deflected from the actual performances on the park, where Goldson was far from the worst.

Imagine if Goldson did a press conference like McGregor did today?
Especially after being badly at fault for one of the goals on Sunday?

There would be a 20 pager on it.

I've no real favourites amongst the Rangers players (at a push maybe Arfield, Davis and McGregor) but there's a serious agenda on here for some strange reason against Goldson and our captain.

You'd never know that it was Balogun and not Goldson that was regularly beaten by Nisbet in the first half, or that Morelos made absolutely no effort to get out Porteous and Hanlon's pockets all game.

Selective memory from some on here, (not yourself btw).

The Ibrox atmosphere Gio will remember was a mile better than recent times , we need to get back to that tomorrow night

;)

It was a car crash of an interview G, but he never played like he wasn't trying.

There's far too much getting made of an interview straight after a game and it's actually deflected from the actual performances on the park, where Goldson was far from the worst.

I've no real favourites amongst the Rangers players (at a push maybe Arfield, Davis and McGregor) but there's a serious agenda on here for some strange reason against Goldson and our captain.

You'd never know that it was Balogun and not Goldson that was regularly beaten by Nisbet in the first half, or that Morelos made absolutely no effort to get out Porteous and Hanlon's pockets all game.

I support every one of them G.

Always will while they play for our club.

And for the record, I never questioned Connor’s effort, because some comments about players not trying I genuinely think are extremely unfair on professionals. There’s no doubt that Hibs were more up for it & sharper than us, and that extra yard can have an important impact on the match & result.

I’ve still to see McGregor’s press conference today mate.

how do we see it going?

Do we think Goldson will get the "Amoruso" treatment, and be the subject of the boo boys?

It wouldn't surprise me to hear a negative reaction when the teamsheet is read out and when he touches the ball. Which is bizarre given its our new gaffers first game (but in someway totally understandable!)

Think Thursday could be a real weird one
After Sunday, Goldson will be more determined than anyone to put in a shift, I suspect. 110%. Back Gio, back the team. We take the lead and it will flow from there. Believe. :cool:

Not sure how this will go.
We more than likely probably go behind to a sloppy arse over tit mistake and any feel good atmosphere that miraculously was there will feck off into the cold night.

We are gonna need lots of patience whilst this clusterfeck of a mess is sorted out.

He probably regrets what he said, for me he meant that we’d given ourselves a mountain to climb and he was pissed off we’d got ourselves in that position first half. I liked how much he cared and how angry he was, even if he did word his response clumsily.

I think people are making far more out of it than needs be to be honest.

Fine Tags, all about opinions mate.

It will be flat & shite as per usual at Ibrox.

Gio will get a great reception.. Blue sea of Ibrox will sound great on Kick off...

Then it will fall silent

A great performance is the only thing that will get us going.
The orchestrated fake piped in tunes need to go they kill the natural flow and energy of the fans I think .

Unleash the Bears hehe

I've got 100% respect for Gough and Numan, but Ian Ferguson went for Numan and a couple of others, when he accused them of not caring enough, after a 5-1 pumping at the piggery.
Advocaat stood back and let him get on with it.

Also Richard Gough was captain when Andy Goram took the absolute pish out of Rangers, during the 9 in a row season and our attempt at 10.
Rarely fit, regularly on the booze, despite being put on several injury rehab programmes.

I hope he'd a few words with Goram, but I've never heard him mention it before.
Wouldn’t you expect that of a manager ? Like the supposed issues right now are SG then those from the past are on those managers imo .

Gough was specifically speaking about an incident when we were effectively managerless and he felt a VC went rogue .

;)

Also Barisic. It would have been comical how Boyle sauntered past him regularly, if it wasn't the fact it was our team in a semi final.

how do we see it going?

Do we think Goldson will get the "Amoruso" treatment, and be the subject of the boo boys?

It wouldn't surprise me to hear a negative reaction when the teamsheet is read out and when he touches the ball. Which is bizarre given its our new gaffers first game (but in someway totally understandable!)

Think Thursday could be a real weird one
It isn’t in any way understandable, anybody who turns up wanting to boo any of our players can f*** off

Also Barisic. It would have been comical how Boyle sauntered past him regularly, if it wasn't the fact it was our team in a semi final.

I thought Borna struggled against Caddin on Sunday too.

Something is clearly not right with him, in comparison to the last couple of seasons.

I love big Gough and Numan but totally disagree with what they’ve done this week. It’s too easy to come out with stuff like that when everyone is raw after a defeat. They absolutely know the standards of being a Rangers player and captain/vice captain but they also know the pressure and flak that can come with it. For me they shouldn’t be singling out a player after a defeat. If they were really wanting to pass on their standards they should have picked up the phone and had a private call with big Connor to give him a bit of advice.

Gough also spoke to the BBC which is an interesting situation considering the level of dislike and mistrust our support have for that organisation. Ironically he’s getting the well done Goughie chat for this. I think our ex players have let us down this week too, some ridiculous comments in the press relating to Gio and the team. Positively, I don’t think our squad could give a shit about the outside noise, evidenced by McGregor today.

When did I say I’d boo pal don’t be a bam
He was a disgrace and admitted to chucking it ffs
You keep you’re ear plugs in pal

He didn’t do any such thing, people are literally making this up. He said it was game over but that doesn’t mean he came out in the second half and didn’t try, he was being critical of the team and himself by saying they were a mile off and were never getting back into it based on their performance and that of our opponents. This hysterical nonsense is an embarrassment, the boy gave an ill informed interview, he didn’t declare his undying love for that job across the city.

He didn’t do any such thing, people are literally making this up. He said it was game over but that doesn’t mean he came out in the second half and didn’t try, he was being critical of the team and himself by saying they were a mile off and were never getting back into it based on their performance and that of our opponents. This hysterical nonsense is an embarrassment, the boy gave an ill informed interview, he didn’t declare his undying love for that job across the city.
My interpretation of those words were he had written off a comeback by the team at 3 nil .

Ye it doesn’t mean he or the team chucked it and I’d agree I seen no evidence of that but it concedes that we could Not recover . Which imo is very wrong especially when he spoke he didn’t say “I” he implied it was ‘we’ . I’d doubt that was a team wide view .

Goldson, Tavernier, and Shagger need to get their communication sorted. That's caused us giving up corners and goals resulting from those corners, and the marking at corners needs sorted too.

I can only think our leaking goals is due to Helander being out for an extended period. He's not there to pick up the mistakes made by poor marking. I hope Bassey starts instead of Borna too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back